PDA

View Full Version : artform through emotion?

el salvador
30-11-2005, 02:10 PM
do you think the mood of a producer is effecting the music she/he is making?

gumpy green
30-11-2005, 03:00 PM
yup...it effect my skrathcing style, no doubts......get me worked up, stressed and angry and i cut very aggressive and i do think better....

gumpy green
30-11-2005, 03:01 PM
forgot to add- i recon it will be the smae for producers but i dunno yet as im just starting.

JamieBall
30-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Most definitely.

SlavikSvensk
30-11-2005, 05:28 PM
it better. if it doesn't, what's the point?

audioinjection
30-11-2005, 06:07 PM
definitely!

dan the acid man
30-11-2005, 06:19 PM
well it should do, if your good at getting out whats inside you, into the music that your making

el salvador
30-11-2005, 09:17 PM
maybe a profile psychlogical could be drawn of an artist then if they are truely writing from the soul, by listening to the music they are createing for that moment. similar to classico painters, van gogh for an example

SlavikSvensk
30-11-2005, 09:21 PM
maybe a profile psychlogical could be drawn of an artist then if they are truely writing from the soul, by listening to the music they are createing for that moment. similar to classico painters, van gogh for an example

i think it's often fairly easy to tell whether a producer is investing personal emotions in a track or not. most techno, i've got to say, is emotionally bland, and to me that's a damn shame...

el salvador
30-11-2005, 09:33 PM
yes slavik, like creating an atmosphere within a track that can take you to another place. like jeff mills used to do in his waveforms era, was true artform

Mindful
30-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Techno is one of the electronic musics that you truly can reflect your mood or feelings in an artistic way and one of the reasons alot of us are drawn to it.
Of course you can convay emotion to many forms of music but not many forms let you do it in the abstract way that you can with techno(and then be able to dance to it)

The Overfiend
01-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Techno is one of the electronic musics that you truly can reflect your mood or feelings in an artistic way and one of the reasons alot of us are drawn to it.
Of course you can convay emotion to many forms of music but not many forms let you do it in the abstract way that you can with techno(and then be able to dance to it)
Great Point

holotropik
01-12-2005, 10:28 AM
The emotions of the producer will be felt in the music they produce. Unfortunately, these dayz it is not necessary to make emotional music in order to be successful in the music industry. I have always been able to tell if a tune has an emotional element within its veins. It is quite obvious. What surprises me is that peeps can get away with making sound and selling it as music. Its sorta like reproducing a copy of Van Goghs works using "PaintShop" on a PC and saying it is a classic piece of work equal to Van Gogh coz it looks like his work...

Only good art has an emotional content that is part of the artist. The rest is just advertising banners.

el salvador
03-12-2005, 02:58 AM
rolandos jaguar was full of emotion for me :clap:

MARKEG
03-12-2005, 03:43 AM
chriissi and i have made some pretty damn agressive music in our time, but dont kick the shit out of each other 24/7. i'm a non agressive person if i'm being honest, but perhaps it's the fact that i can get my agression and tension out in music (i do go pretty skitz behind the decks sometimes too hahahaha) which means i don't have to be like that in non-music circumstances.

i can be feeling totally chilled out and then as sooon as the studio speakers are fired up i want to kill someone (or at least get dirty and dark and disgusting with the beats). i do find though, that the more time you spend on a track the more you love it and the more you take away all the agression and make it a little nicer. but that's just me.

no i do agree my mood affects how i approach a track perhaps at the beginning but then the track just takes your mood annd controls it, until it's finished.

quite strange really!

The Overfiend
03-12-2005, 05:12 AM
Funny the worse I feel The more House I make.

holotropik
05-12-2005, 09:01 AM
I've seen the photos of you Mark, when you play, me thinks you become posessed by a demon of some kind......hehehe.

el salvador
06-12-2005, 01:26 AM
joey beltram must be a super cool guy just alike his music :cool:

el salvador
06-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Funny the worse I feel The more House I make.

we need to keep you happy sam :lol:

The Teknoist
06-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Im hyperactive and have adhd, had it since i was a kid and i still suffer now along with manic depression. Im not sure if others notice this in my music but i must say it does change shape and direction alot, even tempo drops and rises. I like things that flow still though and that grow at different rates.

When around a group of people i act up and show off like a child but when im in the studio and on my own im extremely calm and placid but i make pretty fierce music the majority of the time. Its all probably a vent tbh.. that said i make a lot of pretty kinda epic string pieces also or combine the two alot.

278d7e64a374de26f==