PDA

View Full Version : Tax!!!

Barely Human
02-08-2003, 02:53 PM
I was wondering about the tax issue of DJ'ing. Do you have to fill in a self accesment form or does no-one bother?

MARKEG
02-08-2003, 03:10 PM
yeah i do it. and my advice to anyone is DO IT!!!! as soon as you feel that DJing is definitely your job. there was a period i didn't do it but i kept my reciepts and when i eventually got round to doing the accounts for that period and paying tax i felt like a big weight had been lifted. i was constantly worried that the tax man would find out.

once you've done it, it becomes alot easier to do your accounts every year actually. plus it opens doors to mortgages and hp.

Barely Human
02-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Is the tax a killer tho?

Voorheez
03-08-2003, 10:12 AM
I think if you're a self employed Dj, your records are tax deductible!

wenna
03-08-2003, 11:42 AM
so is that futuristic trance spaceship you'll need to travel in :wink:

Col
04-08-2003, 09:26 PM
yeah just blag em, apparently you can take someone out for a meal or down to the boozer, and get a reciept for it, then say to the tax man that it was business related(dj related) and that you was entertaining a client, tax deducted its as simple as that! every time you go somewhere in the car, just say it was business related, just as long you have the reciepts, they cant prove nowt. unless of course you hand over a reciept that reads 61 pints of stella, 14 packets of dry roasted peanuts, 6 packets of walkers smokey bacon, and 6 bottles of champagne to take out....then its blatently obvious youve just taken about 10 of your mates out on the piss!!!! :D

278d7e64a374de26f==