03-12-2005, 09:24 PM
by all accounts were very poor defensively
just when things were goin good-6 straight wins
bolton do us over again
developin into a bit of a bogey team :evil:
good win for everton,was impressed with that result :clap:

Esox Lucius
03-12-2005, 09:27 PM
wouldnt let it worry you too much, bolton arent a bad side and they are trying to keep in the top 6

that was nice of me wasnt it :lol:

i see your rivals the mighty spurs are above you :clap:

dj casualty
03-12-2005, 09:40 PM
hahaha yeah they are but dont think they will stay above
us for long
to be honest this season is a write,premiership wise
arsenal are really strugglin away from home
thats the 13 point difference from chelsea basically
both teams have won all home games,but arsenal have won
only once away from home all season,simply not good enough
and the way pool are playin i fear fourth or fifth place
still be above tott tho :lol:

Traxx
03-12-2005, 10:01 PM
The question is, who cares? ;)

dj casualty
03-12-2005, 10:24 PM
haha

i do bitch ;)

anyway at least my dream team is skinnin the competition alive
top of my mini league(20 teams) by 40 points
stand to win two ton :cool:

dj casualty
03-12-2005, 10:27 PM
who you support traxx?

Esox Lucius
03-12-2005, 10:42 PM
who you support traxx?

the shite.

Numeric
04-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Traxx is a Kopite...

:lol:

Will
04-12-2005, 11:52 AM
We need to drop Cygan asap! Hansen said he was like a fish out of water at left back then Lineker said he was in the the middle too, and he has a point! Though it wasn't like Bolton's closing down was that good, we should still have been able to play our football, but they didn't seem up for it, Henry seemed out of sorts with some poor first touches that you don't expect from him, dunno if it was the pitch or not being in the top 3 for world or european player of the year, which must have been a bit of a slap in the face I'd have thought, but of course he doesn't play for Barca or Chavsea so what chance did he have?

piginabush
04-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Until Arsenal replace Vieira they will continue to be a mediocre side

Will
04-12-2005, 01:21 PM
We're better than mediocre I think you'll find!

piginabush
04-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Charlie Nicholas branded Arsenal's defending as "hopeless" has he watched his old club's annual stumble at Bolton Wanderers.

First-half strikes from Abdoulaye Faye and Stelios sent the Gunners to a defeat that not only leaves them 14 points adrift of Chelsea, but also behind arch rivals Spurs in the table.

And although, Thierry Henry aside, they offered little going forward, for Nicholas the biggest problem was at the other end of the pitch.

"They defended very, very deep, which meant the midfield couldn't get forward and as a result up front, Henry and van Persie never got going, so it wasn't a great surprise when Bolton took the lead," he said.

"It was a surprise that Faye scored, because he was the holding midfielder. It ended up with three corners in a row, Stelios got round the back and it was a poor clearance from Lauren, but it ended up at the back post with Faye challenging Fabregas - which tells you the story really.

"Bolton could have scored more. I have to say Jens Lehmann played very well today - he made three or four exceptional saves.

"But defensively Arsenal were hopeless. Lauren just can't defend. He's always looking for Kolo Toure to cover him and as soon as he has to defend in that right-back position, he needs cover.

"They aren't playing as a unit at the back on their travels."

The goals aside, Bolton caused several flutters in the Arsenal defence and unsettled them all afternoon with Sam Allardyce admitting his gameplan was to get in behind their defence and get them running towards their own goal.

And although he is not exactly a fan of their approach, Nicholas was happy to pay credit to another impressive performance from the Trotters.

"Bolton deserved to win," he admitted. "They were hungrier, they had more desire to get on the ball and do what they are good at, which is getting good early crosses in from every angle - and Arsenal knew that from the start and it put them on the back foot.

"They (Bolton) don't catch my eye in terms of flamboyance and they're not really good to watch, but they are very, very effective.

"They do a professional job, they know how to win football matches, which is more than I can say for Arsenal on the road!"

OK, Ill agree with Chaz then..... hopeless :doh:

Will
04-12-2005, 03:01 PM
He said Arsenal's defending was hopeless - in one game! Chelsea and Spurs have played a game more than us and we're doing well in europe - if we win our game in hand we'll be 4th and top of our group in the CL with a perfect record (not to mention in the QF of the Carling cup) - hardly mediocre! And 5th now means nothing, it's the end of the season that matters.

piginabush
04-12-2005, 03:16 PM
He said Arsenal's defending was hopeless - in one game! Chelsea and Spurs have played a game more than us and we're doing well in europe - if we win our game in hand we'll be 4th and top of our group in the CL with a perfect record (not to mention in the QF of the Carling cup) - hardly mediocre! And 5th now means nothing, it's the end of the season that matters.

You have lost 4 league games this season already;

You will get Real Madrid in the next round of the CL, and will be out;

Donny will stick 5 past you!!!

End of the season..... Nothing :nono:

piginabush
04-12-2005, 03:20 PM
The above was a joke, BTW.....

In all seriousness though, I dont believe Arsenal have the squad to compete with the other top teams in Europe and 3rd is probably the best they are looking at in the league. For a team of Arsenals stature, qualifying rounds of the CL and maybe the League Cup/FA Cup is not good enough..... it IS a mediocre squad which looks suspect when you get a couple of injuries to Key Players :doh:

Will
04-12-2005, 03:24 PM
By Arsenal's (recent) standards yes, but I'm sure most of the prem would kill for a squad like ours!

french_og
04-12-2005, 03:26 PM
It was a boring game to watch, it didn't look like Arsenal fancied it, it was raining and Bolton put it about a bit. Heny and Persie was quite sharp but aĆ*rt from that they looked ordinary.

Will
04-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Are you sure Henry looked sharp? He hit the post twice, but he had some bad touches and waywards passes (like most of the team)...

french_og
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Well sharper than the rest of the side, I was flicking between that game and Chelsea Boro, both games were a little dull.

I couldn't believe the shot from Henry came out, it looked in all the way.

piginabush
04-12-2005, 09:20 PM
By Arsenal's (recent) standards yes, but I'm sure most of the prem would kill for a squad like ours!

yeah mate thats what I am comparing them to, would be a bit silly for me to compare them to my team (Middlesbrough).....

although, didnt we beat you at the Riverside?? :lol: :lol: ;)

conflict
04-12-2005, 10:48 PM
i knew everton would win

had them in my treble

along with chelsea and arsenal

gunner cunts let me down

and casualty you aint pissing the mini league,have you not seen where 15 pints and a scrap is?

dj casualty
05-12-2005, 06:11 PM
yep,just checked it
i'm about 70 pts ahead of you
that two ton is as good as mine

conflict
06-12-2005, 04:41 PM
70 points is a good weekend

dj casualty
06-12-2005, 06:12 PM
i'm pullin away from you
all my players are on fire