PDA

View Full Version : Recording CDs - making a digital track list!

phantomdj
04-12-2005, 08:40 PM
I bet this has been brought up before, but I could not find it...

Using Soundforge 6, is there any way of putting tracks in there so that when I make a CD it does not just play one continuous track? Would much prefer to skip some tunes on certain dj sets i have

...if not, then what other software can do this? maybe a combi-software programme which will burn the cd too :?:

thanks

TechMouse
05-12-2005, 04:07 PM

Using Soundforge 6, is there any way of putting tracks in there so that when I make a CD it does not just play one continuous track? Would much prefer to skip some tunes on certain dj sets i have

...if not, then what other software can do this? maybe a combi-software programme which will burn the cd too :?:

thanks

Yep.

Play through the file, and hit 'M' each time a track changes.
This will put markers on each of the track changes.

Then, and I forget where it is, find the function to "spit track based on markers".

I'll flesh this out when I get home, as I have to do this very thing tonight!

Then just burn each of the files one at a time.

stjohn
06-12-2005, 04:57 PM
you can also do it by writing a cue file. you need Nero to do it tho

and you were right, it has come up before ;)

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=29369&sta rt=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cue+file

MangaFish
24-12-2005, 02:43 PM

thanks

Yep.

Play through the file, and hit 'M' each time a track changes.
This will put markers on each of the track changes.

Then, and I forget where it is, find the function to "spit track based on markers".

I'll flesh this out when I get home, as I have to do this very thing tonight!

Then just burn each of the files one at a time.

not really a good way to do it thougha s you end up with several files.

better to create a cue file (which could be tricky depending on your software) or to do the region marking in Nero to start with

278d7e64a374de26f==