PDA

View Full Version : Renoise

J Swift
02-08-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi!
I'm new, just discovered this forum actually!
Just reminising about Mark EG's acid sets from Helter Skelter Technodrome in the mid 90's and ended up here.

Just wondering, and appologies if this has been mentioned here before - But you mention all the big name software, like Cubase, Logic, Fruity, etc... Are any of you using software like Renoise/Buzz/MED?

http://www.renoise.com/

I've been using Logic for years and years and just discovered Renoise and tracker software quite recently... Has totally transformed my music!

Arists like Venetian Snares (don't know if there's any fans here?) have been spreading the word about trackers quite a bit recently - They are really worth having a look at! The programming is a lot like working with hardware sequencers, 909's, 303's, MMT-8's etc.. very hands on, all keyboard shortcuts and bashing buttons... Timing's also rock solid and they can run more VSTi's and plug-ins, etc...

Just thought I'd mention it anyway! They're seriously ideal for techno, but take a couple of days to get used to.

Barely Human
02-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Yeh man, renoise is cool. Preffer MED, and i hear MED 2 is out soon. My mate(The Enticer) uses all these trackers, Med, fast tracker and renoise, and he can do some serius shit with them. I havent got a clue :? . Venetion Snares, Stuntrock, and doormouse are deffo the kings of the trackers! They're stuff is so fresh and new, i cant get enough of it!

278d7e64a374de26f==