PDA

View Full Version : Hash Fudge remixes - SUFR #34

Si the Sigh
05-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Hash Fudge remixes - SUFR #34.

A: Ant's remix - http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/sufr34/a/
B: Mobile Dogwash remix - http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/sufr34/b/

Not liking this release one bit. Its piss poor IMO. The original is a quality tune, these remixes don't do it any justice. Its like going back to the old Smitten is Dead arguement again, don't touch classics if you can't absolutely beat the lips off of the original release. Aarrgh! Not impressed and I was so hoping this was going to be awesome...Bah! :neutral:

Athar
05-12-2005, 03:11 PM
amen for that words Si

Si the Sigh
05-12-2005, 03:23 PM
I can't think of one SUF Remix I've really liked for a long time now. Deffo going down hill a little. I miss the SUFR mash up of styles. By the way, i'll still be buying this release for collection purposes and if I had to play a side it would be Ant's, but it still sucks. :lol:

dan the acid man
05-12-2005, 03:36 PM
ouch, si going for the jugular.

the trouble with remixes is you will never beat the original, as the original is the original if that makes sense.

now remixes are a commercial thing i suppose, it's also about somebody else doing their own version of that song.

at least these remixes have alot of elements from the original, too many producers remix a tune now, and you can hardly hear any of the original samples.

the only gripe i have with mobile dogwashes work, is sometimes the tracks can be a bit too busy sounding, but the guys are still learning, and definetly have their own sound which is good, and their tracks always work on the floor

Si the Sigh
05-12-2005, 03:48 PM
You have to understand this, man...I am soooooo gutted about this release!!! Sorry if I sounded well harsh in my original post guys but I LOVE the original Hash Fudge track and this just isn't what I was expecting. Now normally that un-expectedness would be a good thing, but I've been gagging to hear this for ages and it's not satisfied me at all. I'm a miserable moaning cunt ain't I! :lol:

Si the Sigh
05-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Anyway, I'm aloud to moan, I buy every acid techno release even if I don't like them so no one @ SUF can be pissed with me for not liking the odd few. Supporting the scene me! :lol:

Deviant Idol
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Well Si, you're right about this release... I was expecting a lot more from a Stay up Forver Remix, but if I had to choose a favourite side I'd have to pick the Ant remix. The Mobil Dogwash mix is way too bouncy if you ask me, doesn't have the proper floor pounding techno beat that I prefer.
Of course the B side's acid line is pretty mental and sounds original, it just doesn't fit well with the over all track.

Come on SUF Collective, let's be more about quality and not about quantity!

Aratron
05-12-2005, 06:03 PM
well i have the original and didn' really get what the fuss was all about tbh, in fact i sold it on ebay.
and these remixes are totally awesome. Ant's remix is a real builder - better than the original.
The mobile Dogwash is what does it for me - totally awesome :notworthy:

rhythmtech
05-12-2005, 09:44 PM
never got into the original but ants rmx aint bad.. not into the mobile dogwash though. not the best sufr ever.

lunatrick
05-12-2005, 10:19 PM
not really into the whole revamping the classics thing...these tracks are alright but wouldn't play them personally.....however there if definately still an appetite and market for this stuff.......

acidpisar
06-12-2005, 07:36 PM
i like the mobile dogwash remix...and it worked at the party in 100%.

people loved it!

analog tactic
06-12-2005, 08:37 PM
never heard the original but i like this, its alright.

speed-it-up
07-12-2005, 03:30 PM
I think that you shouldn't buy a tune if you don't like it!
I hardly buy any of the current acid releases as I already have stacks of records that sound much better.

I personally think the remix label is a bit cynical and probably an easy way for a tired scene to rake in maximum cash for little effort.

Has anybody else wondered why there are now all these sub-labels of SUF with essentially the same artists on them all churning out second rate tunes?

Si the Sigh
07-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Well, I sort of agree with you a there. I think there's way too many sub-labels and offshoots of Stay Up Forever, and yes it's all the same artists, but I wouldn't say the releases are second rate as you put it. I'd like to know why so many labels when essentially the tunes released on them sound the same as releases on other labels within the collective.

dan the acid man
07-12-2005, 04:29 PM
to be fair, these labels often give chances for upcoming producers a chance to write something for them and get it released, just like on this occasion with mobile dogwash.

rhythmtech
07-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, I sort of agree with you a there. I think there's way too many sub-labels and offshoots of Stay Up Forever, and yes it's all the same artists, but I wouldn't say the releases are second rate as you put it. I'd like to know why so many labels when essentially the tunes released on them sound the same as releases on other labels within the collective.

but all the labels aren't owned by 1 person.. they may be under the SUF flag but you cant expect someone with a huge output (good or bad) to hang around waiting for his/her turn to release.

Si the Sigh
08-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Yea, didn't think of that. :lol:

speed-it-up
08-12-2005, 12:37 PM

but all the labels aren't owned by 1 person.. they may be under the SUF flag but you cant expect someone with a huge output (good or bad) to hang around waiting for his/her turn to release.

Are they definately owned by different people though?

If you are prolific you could just start your own label could you not?

Just seems to me like all the SUF labels have the same artists on them, which is partly why acid gets slated for being stale. What is the poit in churning out loads of very similar releases if not to rake in maximum cash? Fair enough I suppose, you need to earn your money somehow...

dan the acid man
08-12-2005, 01:02 PM
i dont think anybody is making alot of cash anymore, so the above comment falls flat on its face there.

speed-it-up
08-12-2005, 05:01 PM
I am aware of that. If you read the post I wasn't stating that they were living like kings off the back of it, more playing the percentages by putting out as many records as possible and in my opinion not aiding the scene. ;)

rhythmtech
08-12-2005, 06:28 PM
i think people mix up the collective with the label... as far as i'm aware through dealing with them, the collective help out with getting distribution, artist bookings and so on. But the labels are definitly seperate.

suf - chris, aaron, julien, paul harding
cluster - liberators
4x4 - julien
hydraulix & apex - d.a.v.e.
powertools - ant
hazchem - ddr and (more recently) sarah....

blah blah...

but a lot of people do confuse the "collective" with the label.

278d7e64a374de26f==