PDA

View Full Version : [Techno] Rhythm Technologies - That sound

rhythmtech
05-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Tried something a little heavier for a change.

thanx to slavestudios for one of the samples (sample pack 81-100 i think)

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=a44fe756128ff43257f7a4f9

all comments appreciated.

rhythmtech
06-12-2005, 12:31 AM
stream also available

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=690131&t=4775

rhythmtech
10-12-2005, 01:08 PM
anybody?

TripleB
10-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Wikid dirty, chugudy techno there m8, it just seems to drift away from that locked in chugudy groove that you get from the first impression. this would work in the welsh woods thru a nice rig!! well done.... ;)

Stodgy
11-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Some nice techno going on here. Can't comment on mix down cos I'm listening on pc speakers, but reckon this would go off on the dancefloor. The groove after the main break rocks. Good work. Some nice ideas in the edits, just heard the odd click that could be tweaked out. Nice tune

rhythmtech
11-12-2005, 12:02 PM
cheers... yeah the clicks drove me mad for ages! i think its the sound of "suppatrigga" effect. its the on/off thats doing it. gonna have to re-record. i think theres an option in sonar to keep vsts running even they're muted.

dirty_bass
14-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Tried again to listen to this, the stream didn`t work, and the download site didn`t either, loads of pop ups too.
Please please find another host, as I would like to hear your stuff.

fresh_an_funky_design
14-12-2005, 02:30 PM
this is a pretty good track, nice edits, again i was listening on my laptop speakers so cant really say about mix down.

danielmarshall
16-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Dense percussive sound, yet not too over compressed. I often find with tracks mixed in this way that they're easier to deeply layer while (DJ) mixing and not sound crap which is always good. I I'll play it out next time I'm doing a hard techno set and let you know what happens. Definately sounds like a Hydrolix release.

Love what you've done with the stereo on the hihats. Also a nice feeling of movement in the percussion. The delayed offbeat rimshot does it most for me though. I'm a big fan of offbeat percussion (I write and play funky techno so obviously)

BD is possibly a little quite around 1:23. Possibly being a little more agressive on the side chaining could fix this. Dunno, just my opinion. I like chunky bass drums with quick decays and this one sits nicely in the mix, so don't play too much.

HOLY SHIT... Winamp just hit the breakdown. God that's awesome! The breakbeat really suits the track and it snaps right back into the fray in a very satisfying way. Liking this song more and more as I continue listening.

What is the vocalist saying by the way? Sounds like "hate you, do that sound". It's funny, I'll hear a track and think the lyric says one thing, then a few months later after hearing it a couple more the penny finally drops hehe

Seeya,

Dan

P.S. I'm not trying to butter you up with all the compliments. With no exception I've enjoyed this track more than any I've heard off any message board! Really professional sound, and a pleasure to review.

dirty_bass
16-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Cool, finally got the download to work.
Yeah this is nice and jacking mate, pretty individual in that it doesn`t really sound like anything else.
Production is good but (and don`t take this the wrong way" the way you`ve mixed it seems very similar to a pop track, In that the eq emphasis is in the same areas as a pop record is. Very radio and TV friendly, but not right for techno.
Did you do this on NS10`s?

I`d change the emphasis on this a little, and give more impact and size to the kick.
Maybe a touch more bass as well.
Some of the sounds in the mid range, the synths in particular are a little too prominent.
The top end is really nice, and the mid range percussion is great, but it gets buried under the synths.

Wicked track that would be even better if the bottom went lower and the mix was emphasised more towards the percussion. :clap: :clap:

rhythmtech
16-12-2005, 04:52 PM
cheers for the comments. actually mixed it on alesis m1 mk2s. but at the moment i share a studio space and i'm stuck in a corner so i'd say thats affecting my perception of bass. i have plugged the subs in the corner but then theres a big bloody window to deal with too! anyway i'll have the studio all to myself soon so i'll be doing some serious revamping.

as to the synths sounding prominent... a lot of the time i hear great percussive techno and i also like making percussive techno but sometimes i think synths play second to the beat, so i wanted to make a track that the synths stood out on.

i should bloody hope the top is sounding good... i nicked the rides from you!!!

anyway thanx for comments and advice. maybe i should push the bass till i think its a little too much and that'll probably sound just right.

rhythmtech
16-12-2005, 10:27 PM
P.S. I'm not trying to butter you up with all the compliments. With no exception I've enjoyed this track more than any I've heard off any message board! Really professional sound, and a pleasure to review.

:eyes: :roll:
:blush:

thanx. its nice to see people enjoying this! If you do play it out, please let me know how it goes down. and if you record the set would you be able to post it?

dan the acid man
19-12-2005, 05:21 PM
nice feel to this track, really groovy, sounds quite original, just needs fattening up in the bottom end

278d7e64a374de26f==