PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Vs Liverpool

french_og
06-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Both managers are playing the game down but the Chelsea Liverpool matches are slowly becoming a grudge match after Liverpool winning in the Semi last year and Chelsea winning 4-1 this season in the Prem. Think the way both teams are playing this should be a good game and can go either way.

nick_anarchy
06-12-2005, 11:32 AM
tbh i dont think liverpool have ehat it takes to break cheleas down , chelsea are much stronger all over the team and liverpool dont have anyone who can put fear in chelseas defenders 2-0 chelsea

Esox Lucius
06-12-2005, 11:55 AM
wouldnt write the shite off

come on chelsea though :clap:

nick_anarchy
06-12-2005, 12:22 PM

i would .. .. tho now that long streak of piss has scored all liverpool fans now think the prem /CL and the rest will be theirs ... :lol:

jib 2-0

i fancy a hammering

4-0

french_og
06-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I don't reckon, Liverpool have got a much more solid side now since they lost 4-1 and players back from Injury. Alonso and Gerrard are playing really well and they have balance on the left and right and they haven't conceded a goal for while now.

Chelsea are still a better side as the Prem league shows but it will be a close game.

Will
06-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Have you heard Mourinho saying the best team wins the Premiership, but not always the Champions league? Chelsea have the squad to be consistent, but don't have the out and out quality to do as well in the CL, he makes out it's down to luck, but it's about big game players as well, who can produce when it matters.

Basically he's being an arrogant cunt as usual, running down Liverpools achievements and bigging up his team...

I hope Liverpool win, or get a draw at least, that way Chelsea should get a harder draw and we won't get Liverpool! I reckon it'll probably be a draw.

nick_anarchy
06-12-2005, 02:21 PM
he is speakin the truth , not all the best teams win the CL u need luck we wernt the best team in the comp in 99 but luck wa son our side and we won .. same as liverpool

Will
06-12-2005, 02:34 PM
True, but it's horses for courses, some teams are better suited to cups, some to the league, he's making out like Chelsea are the best team around, end of.

Will
06-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm quite looking forward to the game though, anyway!

Of course I wouldn't be bothered about meeting Liverpool as long as we won, but don't want to meet any English teams really.

Hakka
06-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Liverpool are going in to this game in good form. If they win and Betis win I think Chelsea are out.

Good be interesting!

french_og
06-12-2005, 03:11 PM
NO - both Liverpool and Chelsea are already through regardless of the result tonight.

I seen that Morinhio interview and he just basically said over a 38 game season the best side always wins but in the knockout stages anything can happen which is true.

DJsmallpaul
06-12-2005, 03:35 PM

Cheering on the southern shandy drinking scum.....shame on you esox :dontevengothere:

:lol:

Will
06-12-2005, 03:59 PM
NO - both Liverpool and Chelsea are already through regardless of the result tonight.

I seen that Morinhio interview and he just basically said over a 38 game season the best side always wins but in the knockout stages anything can happen which is true.

It's a different measure of a teams quality, the league is about consistency, whereas in the CL ypu play bigger games and tougher oppositon, albeit luck does play a bigger part, certainly. Chelsea have strength in depth, but their first team isn't half as impressive as their squad overall, so there's a greater chance they'll come unstuck in the CL, against some of the tougher teams, whereas there's hardly any teams who can beat them in the prem, so their squad is the telling factor.

Esox Lucius
06-12-2005, 04:04 PM

Cheering on the southern shandy drinking scum.....shame on you esox :dontevengothere:

yeah and you would cheer blackburn on wouldnt you!!

most kopites are from down that way anyway.

DJsmallpaul
06-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Haha good point :lol:

dj casualty
06-12-2005, 07:21 PM
i hope pool win or get the draw

drogba says everyone in the country feels like settin off fireworks
when chelsea stumble
well if your an arrogant cunt like him and his club ppl are bound to want
to see you come unstuck

come on liverpool i say,think man u will come through against benefica
which will be good coz when was the last time all four english teams
got to the last 16

basslinejunkie
06-12-2005, 11:19 PM
dirty blue rent boys.essien should be banned.thought we done pretty well actually,if any1 was gonna score it was us,risse should of burryed his chance

Traxx
06-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Have it...

Will
06-12-2005, 11:32 PM
i hope pool win or get the draw

drogba says everyone in the country feels like settin off fireworks
when chelsea stumble
well if your an arrogant cunt like him and his club ppl are bound to want
to see you come unstuck

come on liverpool i say,think man u will come through against benefica
which will be good coz when was the last time all four english teams
got to the last 16

Last season I think! Time for one to fail to make the last 16 I reckon!

Traxx
07-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah, united.

Esox Lucius
07-12-2005, 08:37 AM
well done to scumpool for winning their group without a fluke

french_og
07-12-2005, 09:22 AM
It was a boring game though fair play, I know Liverpool only needed a draw but i hoped they would play 4-4-2 and continue playing the same way they have been playing as late.

What does people reckon of Sissoko? I have never seen someone give the ball away so much.

That Essien tackle, defo a 3 match ban there, there is no room for challenges like that in todays game. If he would of caught him a little further down then that was a leg breaker.

nick_anarchy
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
essien is a prick , if it was rooney makin that challenge he would of been sent off and riped by the papers etc etc .. he has gotten away with a few late and dirty tackles the big headed knob

nick_anarchy
07-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah, united.

french_og
07-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Also.. I know Essian has not been playing in England that long but I can't see how he is worth all the money that Chelsea paid for him, people was saying he was one of the best midfielders in Europe but he hasn'g got skill, no pace he is basically just a holding midfielder like Makele.

Will
07-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah, he's hardly set the world alight.

There's only one team who can still go out at the group stage, there has been for a few weeks... so yeah, United!

nick_anarchy
07-12-2005, 01:04 PM
yeh so ****in what we are strugleing and !! we know why and have the answeres why we have been under preforming badly we should win but who can say the last few games we seem to be pickin up again but as of late u never can tell .. if he playes the right team we shouldnt have a problem .. all depends on scholes and rooney i think if thay can play well and get the ball moveing to ronaldo / park / giggs and give good support to ruude and saha ( if playin ) we should score more than 1 , if rio and brown behave at the back we should defo win

nick_anarchy
07-12-2005, 01:05 PM
hows your bread and butter will ?? 5th pfft please

Will
07-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Wait 'til the end of the season!

nick_anarchy
07-12-2005, 01:18 PM
for what 10th finish

Will
07-12-2005, 01:25 PM
For Man U, yeah.

nick_anarchy
07-12-2005, 01:44 PM
sorry no .. ppl make out its the end for utd look at u haha your a joke a few players get kicked and u all stop playin and moan "oo ref he kicked me " "oo ref he pulled my shirt " u will strugle to finish 4th chelsea and man u top 2 lpool 3rd

phantomdj
07-12-2005, 05:46 PM
who the f**k are man utd..... haha, nick... it's always the same. you have such sour grapes towards liverpool. your comments at the beginning of this thread should have been put in reverse, ie chelsea could not break us down. there was nothing special about chelsea at all. they came out a bit more in the second half, but in the first half it looked like liverpool were at home. as for the fans... do chelsea fans actually sing?

liverpool are playing very well and too many man utd fans cant handle it. :doh:

french_og
07-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Last night was not really a reflexion of how Liverpool have been playing of late. I think they just went out with the boring 4-5-1 to match Chelsea and stuck in Sissoko and Hamman as defensive midfielders.

278d7e64a374de26f==