PDA

View Full Version : all techno musicians are behind the times!!!!!

davethedrummer
03-08-2003, 11:19 AM
because most muso's don't have any money
we don't have the technology to be on the cutting edge as we should.
in fact techno musicians must rank as some of the poorest in the world
therefore we are the most behind?????
ironic i think.

miromiric.
03-08-2003, 12:43 PM
mm software is the cutting edge of technology i think, stuff like reaktor and max msp. no hardware can beat it. and that is something that we can all afford :=P.
techno producer will know about that software much more then any other producer in the world.

DJZeMig_L
03-08-2003, 03:51 PM
I would say the constrains make us do thing unimaginable... thus from time 2 time creating revolutions ... the Tb was a "cra* bass guitar emulator" ;)

Machines r only the means... I generally say "...U give an inspired hungry "musician" 2 stones and a piece of string and he'll make great music"...

Z

Col
03-08-2003, 04:14 PM
because most muso's don't have any money
we don't have the technology to be on the cutting edge as we should.
in fact techno musicians must rank as some of the poorest in the world
therefore we are the most behind?????
ironic i think.

yes techno musicians probably are the poorest(unless you make teh-step acid gabba of course) but despite that i belive techno to be the most innovative music around, i dont think it matters what equipment you have at your disposal, like the saying goes, shit how does that saying go is it something like: "a bad workman always blames his tools" anyway its something like that. anyway im not sure what ive just said is relevent to the point youve just made :? but hey who gives a fu*k!!!

Tiyam
04-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Not true. There is a lot of up to date. Like UMEK or Valentino Kanzyani.

Dave Elyzium
04-08-2003, 02:02 PM
didnt techno come about BECAUSE no one had any money and they were using shitty little synths that no one wanted to create there music???
then the hardware companies caught on and we got bombareded with synths using the same old technology but with names like Rave this, or Dance Synth 200 ...

its all bollox

koala
05-08-2003, 08:00 AM
then the hardware companies caught on and we got bombareded with synths using the same old technology but with names like Rave this, or Dance Synth 200 ...

its all bollox

Bollox it is, how are we supposed to mis-use them for the craziest sounds, when there is already a button labeled "the craziest sound". I prefer the machines that were made by the engineer who didn't know **** about the current scene, because they never know enough do they?

I don't really mean to diss the new synths that much, because a synth is a synth and usually they can be abused. What we have to remember is that the crazy ones will have been used by other people as well. And that is not what I'm after. Anyways, it's all about preferances, like with silicones or spanking.

Jimfish
05-08-2003, 08:07 AM
i wouldnt say techno is very innovative at all.
I know several professional sound engineers working in big studios etc and some of the stuff they do is CRAZY compared to the tonne of professional techno producers i know.. they really do stuff that is a totally different league to anything remotly compared to any techno bod i know.

davethedrummer
05-08-2003, 11:24 AM
didnt techno come about BECAUSE no one had any money and they were using shitty little synths that no one wanted to create there music???

its all bollox

this is soo true
talked to lennie dee once about old acid house recordings and he just said if you wanna get that sound then go and buy some shit equiptment 'cos that's what it was all made on.
very true
but what i really meant was that for most of us the world of multi media or 5.1 surround or all those other great new things which could be experimented with are just too expensive to get into, whereas the guy who works in a bank in surrey and drives a merc will probably have a computer at home that'll make the tea walk the dog etc burn dvds etc etc and here we are struggling away ..
just an observation really

DJZeMig_L
05-08-2003, 02:45 PM
true.. but we've also become a lot more demanding about sound quality then b4...

Z

thoughtintruder
05-08-2003, 03:01 PM
http://web.media.mit.edu/~jpatten/audiopad.html

check this out. I saw this when I was at Sonar in Barcelona, they had it on display. Doesn't make any revolutionary sounds but it seems like a really neat way to do live shows and also compose tracks. Would be nice to get my hands on this though it's not being sold at the moment.

278d7e64a374de26f==