PDA

View Full Version : DOES TECHNO HYPNOTIZE US ?

jon connor
07-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi dudes yes does techno hypnotise us , we are all ok , can be havening a nice days shoping you come across another 1 of techno friends or fans in a street soon as the word techno is blerted out you find yourself in an epic frenzy of chat and phawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww oooooooooooooooo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that tunes class he`s class wow / have you heard this 1 ( sound familiar ) hahahahahahah........ have an experiment if you ever speak to this boards techno don mr eg just mention the word techno + see his head melt hahahahahhahah infact any of us . so i was wondering does techno hypnotize us without us even knowing with its repetitive beat and eary sounds, does our brain pick up frequencies we are un aware of and mess with our brains , is that the reason i like many others are addicted to this sh.it :shock: hahahahhahahahha fuk im on a mad 1 today :lol:

no serious does this music have supernatural ablities ? du nu nu du nu the twilight zone with mr connor.................. :love:

alsynthe
07-12-2005, 03:52 PM
jon u need to calm down on that medication

jon connor
07-12-2005, 04:13 PM
the only medication im on at the moment is about 250 quids work of new techno busting through me door , my head is totaly fried im like a little kid on christmas day hahahahahahah i do it every year i buy a big job lot every december stuff ive missed + that im not rich like you lot got kids to look after heheheheheheh :lol:

no but serious does techno hypnotise us secretly like a fukin mind controling weapon :love: hahahahahah . its got to do all the fukin drugs weve taken over the years and dancing to repetitive beats suruly by now we must have repetitive beat syndrome i mean fukinell can you imagine us lot when we old folks roking in the roking chair to some glen wilso etc and chatting to ya gran son hey lad when i was a lad this was the tackle :shock: hahahah fuk me.............

alsynthe
07-12-2005, 04:25 PM
ive got 2 kids to look after mate im by no means rich

jon connor
07-12-2005, 04:34 PM
ive got 2 kids to look after mate im by no means rich

:lol: well you kept that bloody quite al hahahahahahaha ;) fuk me im skint now christmas has killed me / got all the kids stuff from father crimbo + daddys got a nice batch of techno that ive had bloody well early .......hahahahah there is no way they staying in the cupboard rapped up in a shitty wrapper hehehe bloody torture that , so ive got one more pressy ive left wrapped an its a electric shaver im sick of bloody cutting meself :lol:

ok then al does techno hypnotise ya ? post you pussy stop side tracking me ya big fairy :lol: ;)

alsynthe
07-12-2005, 04:37 PM
there my girlfriends kids, so since i moved in with her i treat em as my own, im totally skint mate and ive had to put a deposit and shit down on our new house and sort christmas, bought my djm600 etc so im proper skint till january 24th!

alsynthe
07-12-2005, 04:38 PM
techno hasnt hypnotised me, it just intrigues me

jon connor
07-12-2005, 04:41 PM
techno hasnt hypnotised me, it just intrigues me

good good ;) im just a head fried reject from the ninties with head still fild with liquid lsd :love: :love: :love: but i still think it hypnotises me into a epic state of frenzy :rambo: :lol:

jon connor
07-12-2005, 04:42 PM
there my girlfriends kids, so since i moved in with her i treat em as my own, im totally skint mate and ive had to put a deposit and shit down on our new house and sort christmas, bought my djm600 etc so im proper skint till january 24th!

fuk me is that you on the advert on tv hahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahah the bloke taking on 2 kids an a misses hahahahahah fair play al respect thats pretty god cool man ;) :clap:

basslinejunkie
07-12-2005, 05:02 PM
the best thing about techno is that its hypnotic/tribal,thats what grabs u.

anx
07-12-2005, 07:32 PM
techno puts people in more of a trance, than trance does. technically, it would make more sense to call techno, trance, and trance, techno. but techno is a cooler word than trance so im happy with the way it is. or maybe its just way i look at trance that makes me hate the word trance.

ok i need some sleep.

anx
07-12-2005, 07:34 PM
and as for having techno hypnotize us, i was once hipnotized and i barked like a dog and humped a strangers leg in front of 200 people. techno has never made me do that (yet).

holotropik
08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
hahaha....you are funny Jon ;)

I often think of this concept.
My thoughts are that the constant listening and sensation of rhythm help to time your body. Like if you listened to the tick of a clock all the time, I bet you would be able to count seconds just as good as a clock without looking at or hearing the clock. Just from being familiar from constant exposure.

From years of techno I can picture a tempo in my head and tap it out on the machine and be within 1BPM of what I reckoned it would be.

There is definately something in it. Everything is in cycles or frequency so being exposed to a rhythm so often would have an effect of some kind....maybe we need a study into it?

alsynthe
08-12-2005, 10:13 AM
but that can be said about any type of music, my mates a drummer in an indy band, and he used to tap out any techno loop just by hearing a 16 beat pattern and get it right or near spot on 90% of the time

holotropik
08-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Yeah...rhythm.

alsynthe
08-12-2005, 10:52 AM
its summat uve either got or u aint

holotropik
08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Actually I remember reading a really good book written by a professor here in OZ who studied rhythm and reiterative music and its effects on us. Very serious stuff. I will have to see if I can find it and read over it again. There were some experiments done by Russian scientists to measure the effects of reiterative music on a person. They said that it even effected our DNA someway....cant remember exactly how??

I'll get back to you on this one.

holotropik
08-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Ahh....yes

The book was called "Music of the Mind" by Darryl Reanney (an Australian Micro-Biologist). Some really good stuff in this book that explains why we are all freaks and why we love Techno. It is an ancient thing that i wont go into here right now.

alsynthe
08-12-2005, 11:04 AM
wen each of us are born weve already had 9 solid months of rythym drumme dinto our developing brains while we are still inside the womb, then the rest of our lives is lived by a rythym of our own heart, life wouldnt exist without rythym

jon connor
08-12-2005, 03:43 PM
the best thing about techno is that its hypnotic/tribal,thats what grabs u.

thankyou dude this the kinda answer i was looking for ;) i mean the indians and other tribes folk for the past however 1ooo`s of years have been banging drums and getting off there face with wot ever they can find in the jungle of terrrain thet live in hahahahahahahah :lol:

is there a conection here with modern day tribal sounds / some kinda energies going off / the same that did in yesterday and today with modern technology but the same principle :roll: absolutly chicken oriental this topic always bogles my mind. ;)

jon connor
08-12-2005, 03:46 PM
and as for having techno hypnotize us, i was once hipnotized and i barked like a dog and humped a strangers leg in front of 200 people. techno has never made me do that (yet).

hahahahah depends which techno party you at hahahahahahaha we once saw some sicko here in wales in the sticks up the mountains at a techno party in around 98 shagging his dog , this guy clearly had to be slapped :lol: this is true you aint never seen nothing like this on lsd b4 hahahahahahahah fukinell wot a sicko.............

jon connor
08-12-2005, 03:51 PM
hahaha....you are funny Jon ;)

I often think of this concept.
My thoughts are that the constant listening and sensation of rhythm help to time your body. Like if you listened to the tick of a clock all the time, I bet you would be able to count seconds just as good as a clock without looking at or hearing the clock. Just from being familiar from constant exposure.

From years of techno I can picture a tempo in my head and tap it out on the machine and be within 1BPM of what I reckoned it would be.

There is definately something in it. Everything is in cycles or frequency so being exposed to a rhythm so often would have an effect of some kind....maybe we need a study into it?

fuk me you on my wave length here a clock my god you just reminded me about the bloody clock ahahahahahahahahhah :lol: this is wot me an me old pal marcus used to have endless convesations over the bloody techno clock , every time i here a quality techno track i used here a bloody clock init , well i was totatly wiped out on lsd at the time ( not anymore tho ) but yea when dancing you find yourself getting locked into an endless cycle. :techno:

jon connor
08-12-2005, 03:53 PM
its summat uve either got or u aint

rhythym is a dancer ahooooooooooooooo its a a passion you can feel it in the air hahahahahhahaha bin on me mums karaokee again its that time of year heheheheh :techno:

jon connor
08-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Actually I remember reading a really good book written by a professor here in OZ who studied rhythm and reiterative music and its effects on us. Very serious stuff. I will have to see if I can find it and read over it again. There were some experiments done by Russian scientists to measure the effects of reiterative music on a person. They said that it even effected our DNA someway....cant remember exactly how??

I'll get back to you on this one.

:newstyle: :toast: get me this book i love this kinda stuff hahahahahhaha where can i get it ? infact im in a library right now hahahahhahah will have a look :techno:

jon connor
08-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Ahh....yes

The book was called "Music of the Mind" by Darryl Reanney (an Australian Micro-Biologist). Some really good stuff in this book that explains why we are all freaks and why we love Techno. It is an ancient thing that i wont go into here right now.

i ****in new it :shock: right all th bstrds i think im a luatic who should be kept in a strait jacket av some of that hehehehehehhehhehehehh only yoking , but no i always thought i was right in some wya, thanx dude you made my day ;)

jon connor
08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
wen each of us are born weve already had 9 solid months of rythym drumme dinto our developing brains while we are still inside the womb, then the rest of our lives is lived by a rythym of our own heart, life wouldnt exist without rythym

fukinelll oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! listen to proffesor alsynth here :lol: wot a quote bloody hell lad where that come from al :shock: jesus get this man a cigar :toast: thats cool as fuk mate ;)

alsynthe
08-12-2005, 04:06 PM
its true though mate, all u hear is a heart rythym for 9 months solid day and night

Analog.1
08-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Techno hypnotizes in the same way as the ancient rituals in africa hypnotizes. Both ideas share the same common, rhythm. With the advancement of technology the hypnotizing is now more pure and direct and forever changing.

jon connor
08-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Techno hypnotizes in the same way as the ancient rituals in africa hypnotizes. Both ideas share the same common, rhythm. With the advancement of technology the hypnotizing is now more pure and direct and forever changing.

thankyou sir anologue i like it , thats a great quote. cheers man have you bin reading this book we on a bout here ? let us no i 1 a copy of it.

danielmarshall
21-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Haha this is a funny post. You're just like my mate "Chopper" I reckon. Dude's got some good ideas, but he's off his pickle.

Seriously though, this is a really good topic, and one I feel strongly about.

Most "normal" people can't appreciate the sublimnal. This however is what techno is all about, and they thus find it repetive and boring. I believe they can't do this because they've got a mental block towards anything mind altering, possibly because they're secretly afraid it'll influence their thinking in a way they're not comfortable. This is probably one of the reasons why dance music has such a strong connection to drugs - people need it to break into the subconcious. Occationally I can do this all on my own without any drugs, and my god how good is it!

side note: OK, so it's not techno in the strict sence of the word, but I've been listening to a 5 hour Deep Dish DJ set right now just thinking about this topic. The music is making me feel quite stoned actually! I still feel like a spliff though LOL

I find techno to be extremely psycadelic, but not in the overtly over the top way in which psy trance does it. It's subtle and evolving and allows the listener/ dancer more time to fully explore the textures in sound than psy does, which changes too often for you to be able to do so. Maybe it's just how my mind works.

jon connor
22-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Haha this is a funny post. You're just like my mate "Chopper" I reckon. Dude's got some good ideas, but he's off his pickle.

Seriously though, this is a really good topic, and one I feel strongly about.

Most "normal" people can't appreciate the sublimnal. This however is what techno is all about, and they thus find it repetive and boring. I believe they can't do this because they've got a mental block towards anything mind altering, possibly because they're secretly afraid it'll influence their thinking in a way they're not comfortable. This is probably one of the reasons why dance music has such a strong connection to drugs - people need it to break into the subconcious. Occationally I can do this all on my own without any drugs, and my god how good is it!

side note: OK, so it's not techno in the strict sence of the word, but I've been listening to a 5 hour Deep Dish DJ set right now just thinking about this topic. The music is making me feel quite stoned actually! I still feel like a spliff though LOL

I find techno to be extremely psycadelic, but not in the overtly over the top way in which psy trance does it. It's subtle and evolving and allows the listener/ dancer more time to fully explore the textures in sound than psy does, which changes too often for you to be able to do so. Maybe it's just how my mind works.

oh yea mate :lol: off my pickle that i am dude but good little read you put there for us dude im with you here i always have thought that techno does hypnotize us because you can be doing anything in the day or night and as soon as techno is mentioned you are locked into conversation or playing tunes or just general partying , the t word is the key for us and me anyway , switch on switch off ........................ we have all be taken over by repetetive beat syndrome love it :lol:

holotropik
23-12-2005, 09:45 AM
danielmarshall......hits the nail on tha head good an proper. Nice words matey ;)

"Most normal people cant appreciate the subliminal"

No truer words spoken and at the heart of many issues within the music.

danielmarshall
23-12-2005, 11:24 AM

thechicuelo
26-12-2005, 04:59 PM
damn!!! definily yess man...

you just have to close yr eyes n you´ll get a high conexion within :newstyle:

TheRev
27-12-2005, 07:49 PM
The Techno experience goes beyond just the music. In its purest form it is a trancendetal experience as you lock into the music and use it as a gateway to transcend the self through dance. The best techno appeals equally to the body, with its heavy groove, as it does the mind, with its hypnotic structure and abstract soundscapes. The hard beats push your body as well as your mind, engaging it to go beyond. This is a challenge not many can handle, but for those that can it creates a most desirious transcendental state. For many, the word techno evokes memories of stepping beyond our normal realm into an experience unlike any other. Some might venture to call it religous.

With that in mind it is no small wonder that when you say the word techno to those who have been there, they're eyes light up with glee. and they engage in all sorts of activities that call to the purest of techno memories.

This is true for most forms of electronic dance music, but I think with techno, its edgy nature pushes you in a way none of the other genres do. The song structures and sonic textures provide a "challenge" that many are not up for, but if you are, no other music quite pushes in that way. Those that seek those sorts of challenges are enthralled by techno for this reason.

So that's why I think saying the word Techno to any head evokes the effect that it does.

The klubb Krayz
27-12-2005, 10:57 PM
now then techno does things to me propper bad i know were ya comin from but there isnt that many people into it were i come from and i always av to travle far to a gig
also a question i always ask people how can u not like techno?

are you mad?
if techno was in liquid form id drowned my self and wen i got bought back alive id do it all again
any 1 wanna chat techno

msn charley_upanote@hotmail.com

danielmarshall
30-12-2005, 03:12 AM
You raise a good point tbm. It's interesting how the techno sound has stark similarities to many other styles of dance music, but has something indefinable that really somehow strikes a note with some people into other music and does absolutely nothing for others. What I find more difficult to believe though is that there are people out there that strictly limit their listening to techno.

LEE.S.I
30-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Im new to the techno sound,ive only just started looking into it as if im honest i though ****ing shit that stuff,its funny how the more i get into the scene the more im looking ta other styles n so on,just resently found myself a RadicalTechnology Dec 27th With the like sof Andy Vortex n Mark eg throwing fat techno out in the sets i found myself just absorbed :eyes: :lol:,think techno has grabbed me buy the short and curlys and is taking ove rmy brain,looks like your right jon,its sumint that just takes over your brain :paranoid: :cheese:

teknorich
31-12-2005, 12:56 PM
I read an article ages ago about some classical music composer (I forget who) saying that his musical style was heavily based on repetitions, which was apparently a sign of his madness. If that is true, then maybe techno does affect us more psychologically, as it is repetetive, hypnotising and causes adrenaline rushes. Maybe something we connect with at an unconscious level?

(Either that or it's just good!)

LEE.S.I
31-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Im new to the techno sound,ive only just started looking into it as if im honest i though **** shit that stuff,its funny how the more i get into the scene the more im looking ta other styles n so on,just resently found myself a RadicalTechnology Dec 27th With the like sof Andy Vortex n Mark eg throwing fat techno out in the sets i found myself just absorbed :eyes: :lol:,think techno has grabbed me buy the short and curlys and is taking ove rmy brain,looks like your right jon,its sumint that just takes over your brain :paranoid: :cheese:

:lol: :lol:

tOM B
02-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I think it's possible to acheive quite a deep meditative state whilst listening to techno, especially if you're dancing as well, i suppose if you do it often enough it's starts to really become part of your brains way of thinking about things?!

There's a good section in a book called Ecstacy Reconsidered which talks about the spiritual aspect of the drug and to some extent the rave scene: makes quite interesting reading jon

LEE.S.I
02-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Top and bottom of it for me is I ****in love it and think about nothing ells but muisc ;) If i didnt have it **** knose what id be doing,i need this shit thats the only thing im addicted to :techno:

jon connor
04-01-2006, 02:43 PM
The Techno experience goes beyond just the music. In its purest form it is a trancendetal experience as you lock into the music and use it as a gateway to transcend the self through dance. The best techno appeals equally to the body, with its heavy groove, as it does the mind, with its hypnotic structure and abstract soundscapes. The hard beats push your body as well as your mind, engaging it to go beyond. This is a challenge not many can handle, but for those that can it creates a most desirious transcendental state. For many, the word techno evokes memories of stepping beyond our normal realm into an experience unlike any other. Some might venture to call it religous.

With that in mind it is no small wonder that when you say the word techno to those who have been there, they're eyes light up with glee. and they engage in all sorts of activities that call to the purest of techno memories.

This is true for most forms of electronic dance music, but I think with techno, its edgy nature pushes you in a way none of the other genres do. The song structures and sonic textures provide a "challenge" that many are not up for, but if you are, no other music quite pushes in that way. Those that seek those sorts of challenges are enthralled by techno for this reason.

So that's why I think saying the word Techno to any head evokes the effect that it does.

fuk yea :shock: well in man.

jon connor
04-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Im new to the techno sound,ive only just started looking into it as if im honest i though **** shit that stuff,its funny how the more i get into the scene the more im looking ta other styles n so on,just resently found myself a RadicalTechnology Dec 27th With the like sof Andy Vortex n Mark eg throwing fat techno out in the sets i found myself just absorbed :eyes: :lol:,think techno has grabbed me buy the short and curlys and is taking ove rmy brain,looks like your right jon,its sumint that just takes over your brain :paranoid: :cheese:

also its a north wales thing man hahahahahahah its our riligeon :lol: heheheheh its wot we famous for :techno: fairplay man ;) also we have been raving for the last 15 odd years on the welsh mountains that still have radio active fall out from the russian nuclear dissaster , ya no green sheep an all hahahah mabey this has somthing to do with it but thats another topic wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :lol:

jon connor
04-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I think it's possible to acheive quite a deep meditative state whilst listening to techno, especially if you're dancing as well, i suppose if you do it often enough it's starts to really become part of your brains way of thinking about things?!

There's a good section in a book called Ecstacy Reconsidered which talks about the spiritual aspect of the drug and to some extent the rave scene: makes quite interesting reading jon

yea ill have a looky dude! but yea this is wot im talking in a way but somtimes to get that great form of energy somtimes you have to be off your face to see it , its like beeing totaly relaxed and yea hypnotized in the dance then you see wat im on about , mabey this is the conection we have with our tribal ancestors is this the formula to creating the magical effect , for fuk sake somtimes i feel like ive stepped out of reality fuk my head is warped heheheheheh gotta get out of hear for a minute im meltingggggggggg :shock:

" jon goes to the kitchen to make a rather strong coffee as he is thinking to much an his brain has reached maximum overload " fukin abort abort abort :bonk:

LEE.S.I
04-01-2006, 06:22 PM

also its a north wales thing man hahahahahahah its our riligeon :lol: heheheheh its wot we famous for :techno: fairplay man ;) also we have been raving for the last 15 odd years on the welsh mountains that still have radio active fall out from the russian nuclear dissaster , ya no green sheep an all hahahah mabey this has somthing to do with it but thats another topic wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :lol:

Me thinks us welsh are just ****ed up :lol:

jon connor
06-01-2006, 03:35 PM
yep just a bit i blame the liquid lsd and rappent acid taking of the ninties hehehehehehehehhehh :lol: my generation up here certainly are away with the hobbits and fairies hehehehehehhe :cheese:

LEE.S.I
06-01-2006, 05:41 PM
:lol: :lol:

tOM B
07-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Ecstacy Reconsidered is written by a guy called Nicholas Saunders if that helps you find it

danielmarshall
11-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Nicholas Saunders ... yeah he was a South African bloke that started ecstasy.org I think

278d7e64a374de26f==