PDA

View Full Version : MIDI controller mapping!

stjohn
07-12-2005, 07:07 PM
ive had my controller (UC33e) for a while now, but ive not yet dug deep into this. its great for ableton and reason, and stand alone reaktor because you can MIDI learn everything.

do anyone have any tips on getting your midi controller setup for programs or VSTs. As far as i know my controller doesnt work with Cubase Sx2 functions (mixer etc) :( but it should surely trigger the VSTs right???????

is there a standard legend to mapping MIDI cc's? eg: Pitch bend = cc133 or something like that?

what say u? :hmm:

tekara
07-12-2005, 10:15 PM
this is exactly why i sold my uc-33 for a mackie control universal. Sure its about 5 times more expensive, but i hate hitting menus after menus after menus in order to get things done. If money is not that big of an issue, the MCU works flawlessly with the cubase mixer heheh.....

tekara
07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
oops, totally forgot to answer the question:

Im not sure how to do it, but yes, there IS a way to map different CC's to different values in your VST. it all depends on whether the VST supports the language or not. 99% of the time they do. In theory, any of the values that you see in software can be assigned to a CC number accordingly to your UC-33 unit, but personally for me, it was too time consuming to dig deeper into it. You might have to not only look at the different CC charts of your UC-33, but also at the chart for the VST you are using, and figuring out how to link one with the other. I hate technology!

stjohn
08-12-2005, 01:13 PM
yea it just seems liek too much!!! ahhhh! oh well... i spose ill have to learn it coz ive feck all cash!!!
nice1 tekara

278d7e64a374de26f==