PDA

View Full Version : How to START producing

Tiyam
04-08-2003, 01:52 PM
HEy. I've decided to start producing my own techno. But since i'm new to that i don't know which software is the best. I'm quick learner so hard software will be no problem.

So please all u producers give mi some hints on how to start and what do i need to start(which software).

Dave Elyzium
04-08-2003, 01:58 PM
mate I suggest you start off just by reading through the posts on this forum, seeing what other people are using and what they rate / hate when it comes to software....there is so much going on it would be impossible to tell you where to start, it all depends on your own taste and what you want from any piece of software...
have a browse round here, www.bangingtunes.com has a good production forum, read some copies of Future Music mag or Computer Music ( www.futuremusic.co.uk) .. just read all you can mate then go ahead and get stuck in!!

professor
04-08-2003, 02:45 PM
what do you run, PC or MAC?

FruityLoops is good and easy (and reletively Cheap!), but only for PC.

Reason is a good "all in one" to get started, and Reason 2.0 is for both PC and MAC.

Have you looked into ACID? Again I think it is only for PC.

Are you already making music? What kind? Do you have a soft sequencer, and only need synth/sampler/plug-in suggestions?

Col
04-08-2003, 04:10 PM
ok mate like already mentioned fruity loops is a great user friendly program, and you will gain a good understanding of varied rythms that exist in dance music.

seqencer: cubase, logic

synths: absynth, juno x, fm7, junglist, pro 52/53, model e

drum machines: battery, dr-008, waldorf attack, rebirth

samplers: hailon, kontakt

all these are renowned for dance music, and if you dont all ready buy it, get computer music magazine(monthly) its packed with free software, tutorials etc

hope this helps, good luck!!! :wink:

alpha_unit
05-08-2003, 12:18 PM
ok u say u pick things up easy but i think 10 minuets onan fm7 will change ur mnind on that one, fruityloops is idea to start with, great for browing samples, and has sum really cool features, the cheapest (but like ur gonna buy it anyway!). frutiys main disadvantages are its not as friendly as cubase if ur running lots of hardware. fruity loops is as powerful as u will need as its used by lots of "famous " people these days and u can get a professiona sound out of it.

cubase on the other hgand is a more regarded weapon of choice by more known producers, a hell of a lot harder, if u have no understanding of how panometric eq worrks what fx do what and cubaseon top of that ur gonna b in for a torrid time

logic + protools these are for the leetest's and on the mac, gives most control and is hard to ****, sum really nice plugins with it though es2 has a great trance sound

for me at the mo its fruityloops, may look to naturally progress to cubase as id like to b a sound engeneer and really in a world of soundengneeering u need cubase, u just wanna make records got for fl and id deffo start with fl!

278d7e64a374de26f==