PDA

View Full Version : Just bought these

DJ RE:HAB
04-08-2003, 03:59 PM
http://www.sapphires.co.uk/prodimages/str8-100.jpg

Thought i would be different, and not stick to the technics, what do guys think?

Product Code: STR8-100 javascript:popup('/prodimages/str8-100.jpg')javascript:popup('/prodimages/str8-100.jpg')Manufacturer: Stanton Category: Decks Description:
The latest deck to throw itself into the ring to fight for the title of "best turntable"....

Digital Features -
• Key Adjust (Change the speed without changing the key)
• Digital output [S P/DIF] (Plug straight into MAC/PC or CD Recorder)*
• Selectable phono or line output (Plug straight into a mixer with no phono in)
• 3.5mm line input (plug portable players into it)
• Manual pitch bend [up to 6%]
• Blue LED"s & indicators

Standard Features -
• High torque direct drive motor (2.2 Kgf-cm)
• Aluminum face-plate
• Height adjustable Skip-proof straight tone arm
• Reverse function
• 3 speeds [33,45,78]
• Quartz Lock
• Selectable pitch control [+/-8%, +/-16%, +/-25%]
• Aluminum platter
• Height adjustable tone arm
• Motor-off feature
• Retractable target light
• Adjustable feet
• Includes headshell, slipmat, and all cables

Specs -
Motor - 8 Pole, 3 Phase, Brushless DC motor
Turntable Platter - 330mm dia. diecast aluminium
Wow and Flutter - Less than 0.20% WRMS (JIS WTD) with 33 1/3 RPM
S/N Ratio - More than 50dB (DIN-B)
Pitch Controls +/-8%, +/-12%, +/-25%
Starting Torque - More than 2.2 kgf.cm
Braking System - Electronic Brake
Channel Separation - 16dB
Power Supply - AC 115V/230V, 50/60Hz
Power Consumption - 15 Watts
Dimensions - 17 3/4" W x 5" H x 14 5/8" D
450mm(W) x 352mm(H) x 148mm(D)
Weight - 9.5 Kg

Adverse
04-08-2003, 04:04 PM
motor.. that's pretty much the only thing that matters to me.. and i can't really tell from the pic.. so i'll go try them sometime soon..i don't care for tha straigh tonearm bizz either. maybe our dear friend migl has some insight? what you think boss?

Adverse
04-08-2003, 04:06 PM
i've never seen anyone use reverse in a set.. is it actually useful?

EmotionComplex
05-08-2003, 01:45 AM
i have a friend who bought the belt drive version of this deck and for a belt drive it was pretty decent.

for performance i couldnt comment but i have seen one of these decks in a shop and it felt pretty heavy, platter didnt give too much, looked like a decent quality deck :)

but i have heard tales of reverse motors effecting performance of turntables as they operate on 2 polarities or something...(dont understand what im talking about and it could be rubbish) burt a couple of people i know have talked about something similar to me when i was half listening :P .

you got nice digital out there which is a nice addition although the source is allways going to be analog i can see it sounding crisper through this.

Thought i would be different, and not stick to the technics, what do guys think?

what matters is what you think :)

how they performing for you?

if there pleasing you then yah sorted.

as long as you can accuratly match both beats and they stay in sync and u dont have to physically launch the record off from its cue point id say the turntable is a decent one for home.

there infinetly better than my first turntables (which was a numark belt drive with a ruddy plastic platter that liekd to move 10 inches up and down)

but i have mixes i recorded back then that still sound pretty tight as i learned how to manipulate them and as they were allways going out i think they helped me learn.

i very much doubt youll have the problems i had with these turntables :wink: but i was a 16 year old with minimum cash

.....god i do waffle on when its late dont i :?

(stops waffling) :)

TripleX
05-08-2003, 10:14 AM
i've never seen anyone use reverse in a set.. is it actually useful?

not really, rather do it manual.

DJ RE:HAB
05-08-2003, 11:43 AM
i'll see about the reverse, but i remember a few years back i heard M zone actually play a track backwards, and it sounded alright, but i think the actual track was designed to be played backwards...

Ill have to see, i'll let you guys know?

DJZeMig_L
05-08-2003, 03:45 PM
U have donne avery good buy... each deck has a different feel and this feels all right :)

Motor stonger than the technics... the 150 should b out by now!!??

the strongest torque ever!!

Z

DJ Pearcey
05-08-2003, 07:30 PM
TECHNICS 1210'S RULE THE WORLD! CAN'T BE SCENE WITH ANYTHING ELSE. BUT THATS JUST ME. :lol:

cascade
05-08-2003, 11:10 PM
its about opinion,
people judge flashy vestax too soon,
ive got some and they are rock, but they damage easily,
the stantons are a quality deck, nearly bought some!!!

karl54
08-08-2003, 12:31 AM
good buy. i reacon they're the closest you'll get to techy's.
the stright tone arm is far superior to the S shaped one on the technics, the stright tone arm hleps hold the grove of the record better.. FACT!

plus you prolly saved a few bob getting em...

278d7e64a374de26f==