PDA

View Full Version : is pele mr football?

el salvador
11-12-2005, 10:42 PM
do you think that pele is the best ever example of a player

dan the acid man
11-12-2005, 11:03 PM
have you been watching the bbc sports personality of the year or something :lol:

i'd say he is, a true legend of football, a pleasure to watch

Will
11-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Dunno, football's changed a lot since his day, but with the right training and diet he might still be up there.

dan the acid man
12-12-2005, 12:30 AM
i hope that was a joke will, of course he'd be up there, players in them days where alot tougher than they are now.

when you have class, its timeless

french_og
12-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Its always difficult to compare generations but Pele, Best, Maradona, Cruff, Stanley Matthews and here's one for Esox - Dixie Dean would all been class in any generation.

Hakka
12-12-2005, 09:38 AM
I must admit, these days there is so much money spent on training and health/performance monitoring technology. Players were tougher? I don't see how. The physical demands on players in the Premiership seems to be more now than ever with so many players (like Keiron Dyer!) being unable to get lots of games under their belts.

In the 70's the Liverpool side that dominated rarely changed their their starting 11 in a season. These days its a squad game, which shows to me its more demanding on a person. Apparently back in the 60's/70's players would have a fag at half time. :shock:

I'd do think that Pele, Maradona etc... would be great in the Premiership today though, although I do think that they would not find it that easy.

Traxx
12-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Course they would they would piss the premiership or any other league in this day & age. The pitches they were playing on back then were like cow fukin fields & they would be near getting decapitated every time they were within 4 foot of the ball because there were no pussies in there age like there is now, drogba, ronaldo etc. Best pitches in the world, best balls & refs that don’t allow tackles at neck height.

Esox Lucius
12-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Its always difficult to compare generations but Pele, Best, Maradona, Cruff, Stanley Matthews and here's one for Esox - Dixie Dean would all been class in any generation.

aye dixie defo, born 5 mins from my house, always look at his house when i go past :lol:

dan the acid man
12-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Course they would they would piss the premiership or any other league in this day & age. The pitches they were playing on back then were like cow fukin fields & they would be near getting decapitated every time they were within 4 foot of the ball because there were no pussies in there age like there is now, drogba, ronaldo etc. Best pitches in the world, best balls & refs that don’t allow tackles at neck height.

yep, thats what i was on about, people saying they wouldn't be able to compete, dont be daft.

djfase
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
overall id say yes he is.

Look at his image and the way he goes about things. Hesn a gentleman and an ambassador for football as a whole.

Maradona wa the greatest im my opinion, but pele is the allround article

conflict
12-12-2005, 10:02 PM
pele is an impotent cunt

Hakka
12-12-2005, 10:13 PM
pele is an impotent cunt

He once drank the blood of a kangeroo. Does anyone know why?

el salvador
14-12-2005, 01:00 AM
pele is an impotent cunt

why the hell did he have make that advert?

why is it always on the tv when i am at the pharmacy?

Will
14-12-2005, 02:58 AM
i hope that was a joke will, of course he'd be up there, players in them days where alot tougher than they are now.

when you have class, its timeless

Well ok, he'd be up there I expect, but if you look at Maradonna's goal against England which was much more recent the defending was non existent, he'd never get away with that in the current game. With all the interest in the sport everyone wants to be a footballer so the standards are much higher than they were back then so these players wouldn't stand out like they did back then, that's for sure.

el salvador
15-12-2005, 06:58 PM
pele was the first i think to show the world his bicycle kick. he was inovator too :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==