PDA

View Full Version : techno in ibiza

davethedrummer
05-08-2003, 12:34 PM
is there anywhere to listen to it there?
i hear about clubs every so often and of course ritchie h and carl c play there a lot
anyone?

Esox Lucius
05-08-2003, 12:45 PM
cocoon @ amnesia

I went once and it was a sh*t hot night.

sven vath was poor, liebing was alright, but mark broom stole the show that night.

TripleX
05-08-2003, 12:49 PM
vaeth is always poor if you ask me :lol:

Esox Lucius
05-08-2003, 01:07 PM
vaeth is always poor if you ask me :lol:

Yeah I agree, he is rubbish.

Adverse
05-08-2003, 02:24 PM
rub·bish
useless waste or rejected matter : TRASH

hehehe useless waste. love it.

lunatrick
05-08-2003, 03:04 PM
I totallly disagree...I've always reallly enjoyed vath's sets when I've seen him....still there you go...

Bughead
05-08-2003, 03:56 PM
dont they have sort of free parties up around the north of Ibiza..
Acid techno and psytrance....?

spiralx
05-08-2003, 05:31 PM
dont they have sort of free parties up around the north of Ibiza..
Acid techno and psytrance....?
I've heard they used to, not sure whether it still goes on or not.

Paul Nisbet
05-08-2003, 06:37 PM
i go on sat.. wee hee, any pointes would be much appreciated... make them good tho. lol

davethedrummer
05-08-2003, 07:43 PM
check out my impromptu set on the terrace at space
with
carl cox
ritchie hawtin
adam beyer
kylie minogue
elvis presley

oh alright then....not really

Adverse
05-08-2003, 08:22 PM
haha henry :)

Small Paul
06-08-2003, 01:49 PM
check out my impromptu set on the terrace at space
with
carl cox
ritchie hawtin
adam beyer
kylie minogue
elvis presley

Wikkid, is Elvis taking bookings again then? I heard he was working too hard in that chippy in Faliraki to gig anymore. :wink:

Subuteo
06-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Aye, there's a few Techno nights in Ibiza. I was working the Summer last year and thought I was gonna be seiously deprived of me fav music but definatley was not. Even blagged meself a set !

Anyway there's Cocoon at Amnesia with Sven Vath (who I happen to think is wicked at creating a atmosphere with his music if not the best mixer in the world) He gets some pretty decent DJ's in for his Monday nights sessions n'all. And the atmosphere of Cocoon is electric. Great show's to complement the music like the egg that hatches on stage into the blue Cocoon lady.

There was also Carl Cox's night at Space which was canny.

But the highlight of last year was Jeff Mills at Space, hearing him play Strings of life on a Monday morning to a packed club was an experience I'll never forget.

Ultimate Base were also doing weekly night's over there last year with Sims & Misstress Barbara n them but haven't heard anything of them this year.

Anyway I'll be over Ibiza in this September for the Closing Parties. Missed out on last year's Cocoon closing and was gutted after seeing pictures of the after party on a beach. gonna hire a bike and find the free techno parties in the mountains,apparently you follow the paper cups in the tree's or summink :)

mikeandcindy
08-08-2003, 04:23 PM
We've been to Cocoon twice, and Sven Vath was shit hot both times - better than some of his cheesey CD's. Big crowd at Amnesia(mostly germans tho') - we liked it. GO!

Or try Tribe of Frogs nights - (psy-trance).

278d7e64a374de26f==