PDA

View Full Version : something diffrent....??

paulcortex
13-12-2005, 11:08 AM
ive been experimenting and changing my outlook on music...and ive stopped smoking weed now (after 15 years!!!)
so this track evolved....its not techno although it uses electronic technology (all electronic music is techno....no???)

...and its intended as my protest to the current middle east troubles
not as a releasable track...

listen...

think...

link....

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=07YE7JP4LUIF0250E6SXK5HN9W

BRADLEE
13-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear that you had to quit puffing the herbs homie. Downloading your song of protest now....

BRADLEE
13-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Not really my thing, but pretty cool Paul. And that load of shit G.W. is spitting...fecking priceless. What a load of garbage that is... Can't stand having that guy as the figure head for our country. He's f#cking up the whole works man. So I can appreciate your thoughts in that respect.

danielmarshall
14-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Good for you on giving up a habbit that truly deminishes your creativity in the long run. I have the occational spledonga (my friend's patented word for spliff - you can't use it!) every now and then, so I guess I'm not innocent, but a freind has recently given up chronic smoking, and he's a different guy now :).

Stodgy
15-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Just reached the 2 minute point and I already really like this. Reminds me of LTJ Bukem and the stuff he was releasing on his Earth series. Don't know why you think this isn't releasable, this would have appeal in the right scene. Try http://www.dogsonacid.com

dirty_bass
16-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Howay man.
Lovely sub on this, there was a nice pressure wave when I cranked this.
Nice laid back drum and bass, with some nice grungey screwed up bass accompaniment, and some spot on old skool rave sounds.
This sounds more dope influenced than the stuff you did when you were on the dope.
hahaha
Good track though, do a live PA of this stuff and I`d gladly groove on the dancfloor for hours.

paulcortex
16-12-2005, 05:56 PM
hehehe cheers steve ;)

yeah ive got a new set of ears since i stopped the ol' mary j
i enjoyed doing this track...in fact im gonna be diversifying a bit now and im gonna try to put a set together covering all my favourite styles of music....electro....breaks....acid....tech house....techno...

...i think the only way im gonna enjoy my producing is to go down this route....saying that im going to wales to do a live acid set this saturday night :rambo: !!!! lolo

Mindful
16-12-2005, 06:21 PM
This is very nice Paul, realy nice vibe.
No comment on the weed smoking tho,I personaly find It can definetly get you feeling very creative but listening back staight headed the morning after can give you the feeling of what happend to that great track I made last night.
Ooops I just did comment didnt I?

Very nice track tho and nice production.

paulcortex
16-12-2005, 08:53 PM
ta for the critique :) ....yeah the problem with me is i dont stop smoking once i start....and after realising i was smoking nearly 2 ounces a month i had to stop it completely :cheese:
and im finding that my ears are all the better for it too :)
and my lungs!!!!

Mindful
16-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Well thats the problem isnt it dude, when your smoking it instead of fags and as a habbit rather than to get stoned.

Anyway :cheer: this smiley sucks

orac
17-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Like it a lot. A little weird in a positive way of course, messing in your head with this fat bass and vocal. I would try to more develop this acid sound that appears later in track. Good work.

278d7e64a374de26f==