PDA

View Full Version : How shit is Arsenal's away form?

Will
14-12-2005, 04:45 AM
In the Premiership that is, won 1, drawn 2, lost 5. We've won all our home games so far as well, I mean people say if it wasn't for our away form we'd be up there with Chelsea, but if it wasn't for our home from we'd be down there with god knows who!

I almost feel like we're cheating the teams who beat us because it lessens the achievement when we lose so much, though there's more important things to worry about than that of course! It looks like we could do even worse than, and reminds me of, a few seasons back when we won 5, drew 7 and lost 7 or something like that, but we've twice gone unbeaten all season away from home since then...

It's weird that the contrast is so stark though, I suppose it doesn't help that our first away game was at Stamford Bridge and we lost to a lucky shinner, which possibly set us on our way... I suppose it must be the lack of experience, as well as a bit of bad luck, losing even games to late goals etc...

Will
14-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Come to think of it though, we won all our away games in all other competitions so far, so it's even weirder! I suppose they're not as physical in europe though and teams possibbly underestimate our kids in the Carling cup...

With the amount of signings we've made in recent seasons I think I'd take just re-signing Parlour, as long as he hasn't gone down hill too much...

french_og
14-12-2005, 09:16 AM
There away form is so bad because they have got so many pussies in their side, they haven't got physical players in the midfield who can mix it about. Then Wenger cries after because Shearer put a hard challenge in. Players like Fabrecas are good players but when the going gets tough at places liek Bolton they are non existent.

lukekendall
14-12-2005, 10:46 AM
There away form is so bad because they have got so many pussies in their side, they haven't got physical players in the midfield who can mix it about. Then Wenger cries after because Shearer put a hard challenge in. Players like Fabrecas are good players but when the going gets tough at places liek Bolton they are non existent.

v.true mate

Will
14-12-2005, 03:20 PM
That's one way of putting it I suppose... at least Wenger has identified the problem, just hope he does something about it in January. Though it doesn't really explain why our form's so much better at home and in the Carling cup where it's just the youngsters playing...

278d7e64a374de26f==