PDA

View Full Version : [Funky Techno?] Id - Untitled

danielmarshall
15-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Hi there.

This is my virgin post in this section of the forums, so I hope we all get allong.

Unfortunately I only have dialup, so reviewing tracks is extermely time consuming for me (plus I can't even browse the net since all my bandwidth gets gobbled up by the download), so what I've decided to do is help people out with technical support instead where I'll probably to be of more use.

Check out this (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=44196) link for an example of what I mean.

I'll still try to review the odd track when I've got time since I'm always interested in hearing what other producers on the forums I post on are doing.

AAAAAANYWAY, here (http://users.tpg.com.au/edjenny/Daniel/Audio/Deep%20sub%20with%20loose%20hihat_19.mp3)'s my little offering. It's not a complete track, just a few barres of beats and ideas I started working on yesterday afternoon, but I'm really happy with the bassline.

What I'm mainly interested in here is some analysis of the production style/ quality. Probably over-excited it a bit, and yes that breakdown is dreadful I know. Any ideas as to how I could structure the track when I actually do make a full song out of it as opposed to a couple of patterns chucked toghether would be very much appreciated too of course.

The track started out as a hard funky techno piece, then progressed steadily toward something even funkier, bordering on disco house (though hopefully not as cheesy!) Dave Clarke meets Daft Punk track essentially.

Tell me what you think kids...

Dan

loopdon
15-12-2005, 10:54 AM
"What I'm mainly interested in here is some analysis of the production style/ quality. Probably over-excited it a bit, and yes that breakdown is dreadful I know. Any ideas as to how I could structure the track when I actually do make a full song out of it as opposed to a couple of patterns chucked toghether would be very much appreciated too of course. "

as i am very interested in the production style/quality thing myself i will surely give it a listen and inform you about what i think.

i myself am getting more into structuring myself step-by-step as that is something have to make myself do. so hopefully i will be able to supply you with ideas on that, too. :devilish:

danielmarshall
15-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks, I'd aprreciate it mate

278d7e64a374de26f==