PDA

View Full Version : DJ Preach in poo tune shocker!

Si the Sigh
15-12-2005, 08:32 AM
I love DJ Preach's tracks normally, but this...man, it sucks.

Bad.

Real bad.

And to top it off, it's not like its got a plan B if the A-side fails as its a single sider. Proper one sided pap IMO. What do you think?

DJ Preach & Marco G - U Know Hit? - Volume (Holland)

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF202520-01-01-01.mp3

Why that sample? Why? WHY? :bonk:

dan the acid man
15-12-2005, 12:13 PM
i've heard much worse, and im sure some crowds would love this

fresh_an_funky_design
15-12-2005, 12:20 PM
i wouldnt buy it but its a lot better than the shranz rips! i was at a free party down in surrey a while ago and G13 played the orginal and it went off like i've never seen at a party... ****in mental!

Si the Sigh
15-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Sticking to my guns and saying poo on this one.

Miromiric
15-12-2005, 12:36 PM
retarded.

Frank Dogshit
15-12-2005, 12:38 PM
dont like any of preachs stuff at all to be honest....always got a really horrible tech trancey edge to it that makes me wince.

music for the likes of radio 1 imo.

Si the Sigh
15-12-2005, 01:02 PM
retarded.

Me or the tune butt freak? :lol:

Miromiric
15-12-2005, 01:19 PM
you obviously for dissing such an unbeliavable achievement of modern world`s culture. :-P

Si the Sigh
15-12-2005, 01:21 PM
:lol:

Miromiric
15-12-2005, 01:23 PM

Si the Sigh
15-12-2005, 01:25 PM

Si the Sigh
15-12-2005, 01:26 PM
*laughing fades away*

Buttman
15-12-2005, 01:39 PM
I thought this was typical DJ Preach style?

dirty_bass
15-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Philippe is suffering the same problem a lot of techno artists suffer when they hit it off. Everyone wants him on their label, and he doesn`t say no. So consequently he is rinsing himself, he pretty much is making stuff constantly, so their is bound to be some rubbish. The problem is that as with a lot of other people, if he oversaturates himself over too many labels for too long, people will just get bored of his sound.
Plus he is playing to more commercial crowds now, so expect a more commercial sound from the lad.

Miromiric
15-12-2005, 01:42 PM
I thought this was typical DJ Preach style?

yeah, i thought the same thing.

Miromiric
15-12-2005, 01:44 PM
so their is bound to be some rubbish.

Si the Sigh
15-12-2005, 02:11 PM
This is flat out cheese. Not what I expect from a Preach release. I blame Marco G who ever he is?! :lol:

JamieBall
15-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I don't know why everyone is acting so surprised....

Sounds like usual Preach business to me.

Not my cup of tea.

At all.

ampassasinbirmingham
15-12-2005, 03:03 PM
whos dj preach??;)

eyeswithoutaface
15-12-2005, 03:23 PM
this is seriously bad, sorry, there's just no need for stuff like this

audioinjection
15-12-2005, 05:16 PM
haha, i heard this track the other day, i thought, what the hell is this???

Dustin Zahn
15-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Is this just coming out now? I remember he did this one a long time ago. It's really bad. To be honest, I think this whole new sound of preach/cave/etc. is just really cheesy. Phillipe started off to be pretty promising, making some old school Zenit type techno and other stuff that was moody and closer to the swedish sound. With time he morphed it into that newer Intec style of crap commercial techno. Why? He was a resident at Aria every weekend and they ate the shit up at the time. He and his agent are really amazing when it comes to the business sense. He really blew up and now plays huge festivals and clubs all over the world. In result, this is the kind of stuff that really gets those crowds going easily so he's become acustomed to it.

dirty_bass
15-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Is this just coming out now? I remember he did this one a long time ago. It's really bad. To be honest, I think this whole new sound of preach/cave/etc. is just really cheesy. Phillipe started off to be pretty promising, making some old school Zenit type techno and other stuff that was moody and closer to the swedish sound. With time he morphed it into that newer Intec style of crap commercial techno. Why? He was a resident at Aria every weekend and they ate the shit up at the time. He and his agent are really amazing when it comes to the business sense. He really blew up and now plays huge festivals and clubs all over the world. In result, this is the kind of stuff that really gets those crowds going easily so he's become acustomed to it.

My point exactly.

fatcollective
15-12-2005, 07:11 PM
i've heard techno artsists make worse cheese than this, i wouldnt play it myself but i dont think its that bad :oops:

The Overfiend
15-12-2005, 10:11 PM
This is the I want to be a star record.
Winter Music Conference & Bad Boy Bill Playlist here he comes.

el salvador
15-12-2005, 10:16 PM
maybe a christmas techno track next :clown:

mek
16-12-2005, 12:17 AM
I'd say Preach dropped the ball on this one. hahah

machina
16-12-2005, 03:47 AM
This is flat out cheese. Not what I expect from a Preach release. I blame Marco G who ever he is?! :lol:

i dunno, i think the cheese is always there in preach records, sometimes it's hidden under the surface, but i've always found most preach records bordering on cheesy - good, as far as cheese goes, but still cheese...

machina

holotropik
16-12-2005, 08:56 AM
I've never heard of him.....oops, sorry?? i say this in all honesty. I may of come across his name, I think....not sure? Certainly doesnt rank on my techno radar. I guess I should prolly have a listen to this track first.....

holotropik
16-12-2005, 09:00 AM
.....Oh fark!! That is nice and friendly isnt it. Not my cuppa thanks, this sorta stuff reminds me of every niteclub in Australia - top40 dance hits that are released on MOS CDs.
I dont think this has anything to do with techno....so i guess thats why i never heard of him.

Miromiric
16-12-2005, 09:27 AM
i love the original though. it reminds me of justin zahn.

davethedrummer
19-12-2005, 12:17 AM
.....Oh fark!! That is nice and friendly isnt it. Not my cuppa thanks, this sorta stuff reminds me of every niteclub in Australia - top40 dance hits that are released on MOS CDs.
I dont think this has anything to do with techno....so i guess thats why i never heard of him.

so go listen to hydraulix 32 now

anx
19-12-2005, 12:30 AM
^ or all the tracks on patterns he did, or his mankind, or his relic album, or the hardsignal track, and a bunch more too...

the guy is an amazing producer, he does come out with crap every now often, but its crap that will probably sell really well. personally, if anyone puts out a commercial tune to make some cash, and still puts out quality techno as well, thats ok by me. think eric prydz....i mean, ya gotta eat right? just as long as he doesnt go all ignition technition on us, and still maintains a consistant flow of good tracks...why not?

Scott Kemix
19-12-2005, 12:33 AM
prefer the schranz version by a mile, at least it would get you moving coz this version definately wouldnt.

tekara
20-12-2005, 05:36 PM
i can honestly say that his productions have gone downhill....

theres a difference between having tight production skills, and having tight music productions. Preach has unbelievable programming and sequencing skills. He really knows how to use his software properly.......you can tell he has tight production skills, and he knows what hes doing. BUT, that dont mean many of his tracks are good.....alot of people nowadays are pure production, not enough music involved. And unfortunately i think thats the road Preach is heading down towards.

He wont care though, he'll keep churning out as many releases as necessary, both cheezey and non-cheezey in order to keep his name out. And you cant blame the guy. Why would he care? He's getting bigger and bigger by the week......he cant afford to not keep this Ricky Martin techno sound going......

DJ Becka
20-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I am probably going to get a lot of shit for this, but I dont really care - I actually like that track. I think it's fun - maybe because I happen to like Blur as well, maybe because I'm a girl and chicks sometimes dig stuff like this - who knows. Yes, it's commercial-and yes, a bit campy and cheesy, but so what? I wouldnt play it myself, but a track like that might open people's ears to techno-people who would otherwise not give techno a chance. We need music like this to get those people to listen or techno will just die out completely. I'm not saying to play a whole set like this - but still....throwing one track in could make the difference between someone saying 'hey....techno isnt so bad afterall-let me see what else is out there' to 'i cant listen to this noise-get me out of here'. Even Carl Cox plays stuff like this-but he knows when to throw it in at just the right moment....

And sorry, I dont care how purist you guys THINK you are, you know as well as I do that if you had the same opportunity as Philip has had to release so much music under your name-you wouldnt hesitate to do it. And if you say that you wouldnt-you are full of it!!!!

End rant.

eyeswithoutaface
20-12-2005, 06:54 PM
i love Blur, i have everything they've done both albums, single, rarities, Japanese imports the lot, but this is UTTER SHITE

Purists? no thats just a term people use to describe other's whose taste barrier is slightly higher than the norm

this is sell out wank, proper ****ing garbage, there is no way id ever lower myself to do something quite so shit

dirty_bass
20-12-2005, 10:40 PM
And sorry, I dont care how purist you guys THINK you are, you know as well as I do that if you had the same opportunity as Philip has had to release so much music under your name-you wouldnt hesitate to do it. And if you say that you wouldnt-you are full of it!!!!

End rant.

Erm, after a number of commercial successes I was courted by a lot of commercial labels asking me to essentially do the same thing again. I very politely said that I wouldn`t, but if I did come up with anything I thought would fit their sound, I would send it.
Anyway They weren`t interested as they essentially wanted a repeat performance.
So I did hesitate and decided against it.
I did stew over all this for a while as a few people on here will know about as I was kinda confiding in them my dilema.
However some may say I am a fool for suffering for my art.
Peronally I just think I am a bit stubborn, a bit pretencious, and also have a bit of integrity.

Personally I would rather do what I am feeling at the time, and try not to repeat myself, rather than just do something for the cash.
I have a job, I already do shit I don`t care about for cash.

Zektor
20-12-2005, 11:41 PM
you gotta be kiddin' me.

worst 'techno' record of the 21st century. Period.

MARKEG
21-12-2005, 01:08 AM
i've spoke to preach on the phone, i've met him at gigs, i love him as a person.

but this is not my thing. but he has his reasons, and i say good on ya, do what ya have to do. it's not techno, but hey, if you wanna go in this direction, do what you have to do.

respect preach. just look at the recog you're getting :clap: :clap: :clap: it not techno but it's recog :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: stop complaining everyone, preach is doing his thing. why does techno have to hold him so dear??????

leave him to his thing - it's obviously working for him!!!

mho btw ;)

dirty_bass
21-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Well that`s kinda the point I made earlier.
It is what it is, and it`s fairly obvious where this is aimed at.
He`s never really professed to being some stalwart of the underground, or in fact of techno.
He does a bit of everything, and he knocks em out at a fair rate, so there are going to be a few stinkers.
I`ve spoken to the guy enough times now to know that the path he wants is where he is going, so fair play, not my cuppa, but then I don`t buy his records.
I think however we have gone off topic into discussing methods of production and the whole "selling out" thing.
Which is always an interesting discussion anyway.

The Overfiend
21-12-2005, 05:16 AM

As I said before.

RDR
21-12-2005, 09:05 AM

self brainwashing... its a hobby.. :cry:

holotropik
23-12-2005, 10:50 AM
OK.

What this is all about is the fact that most of us are freaks who listen to really far-out music that is light-years ahead of the common majority. We forget that all to often and therefore remain alienated by a much more diverse listening palate.

Producers like Preach have also come from this side of the fence. Why do they now sit on the other side? Is it money, is it fame, is it recognition or respect. Only Preach could answer this reason.

I for one would think that it has a lot to do with reaching out to people who really just listen and dance for the sake of it and not just because the artist uses a "MachineDrum" or "MPC4000" to program their stuff. Get my drift??
Preach prolly really gets a kick out of having a lot of genuine people who just come up and say "i love what you did with one of my favourite tracks dude"......there is a lot of gratification from doing this regardless of the money aspect. As an artist it is very important to have that feedback and response. Something more than most of us ever get due to a less accessible sound.

The common majority rule in this world and the average they set is the peak of the bell-curve. If they like familiar sounds and styles so be it. Techno is often troubled by being too far ahead of itself for its own good. Like it or hate it, no matter.....just enjoy where you at and be satisfied that you can even do what you do in this time as you are all part of history by pushing boundaries.

As Steve's story points out above......if you strive hard and long enough in this game you will also have to make the call as to what side of the bell-curve you wanna sit on. That is your choice.

rhythmtech
23-12-2005, 11:43 AM
i dont see the big deal... its a harmless cheesy piece of fun. probably has its place at certain parties. its not exactly my cuppa tea but then again i'm not into 2hr sets of dark and disturbing techno either. let the man do what he does, i say.

we should just be happy that we have a choice to listen or not.

davethedrummer
23-12-2005, 05:09 PM
i never liked the original
so this is double bad for me

we sure do get a lot of excersise round here don't we?
getting on and off our high horses all day .
i've just got on mine again , but i'll soon be off again , then on , then off , then on , then off , on , off , on , off etc etc etc ......

pint anyone? :toast:

dan the acid man
23-12-2005, 05:37 PM
dont drink and ride horses

Patrick DSP
23-12-2005, 05:57 PM
pint anyone? :toast:

i'm always up for a pint. :toast:

dirty_bass
23-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Well, there are worse things happening than this. At least it`s his own sound, and he`s not just another clone regurgitating someone elses sound.

MangaFish
24-12-2005, 03:55 PM
this track isnt great - but i've heard worse.
its still better than the constant churn out of pap that hardhouse heads are producing under the banner of techno

eyeswithoutaface
25-12-2005, 11:19 AM
this track isnt great - but i've heard worse.
its still better than the constant churn out of pap that hardhouse heads are producing under the banner of techno

the mans speaking the truth here!

eyeswithoutaface
25-12-2005, 11:20 AM
well about the pap that hardhouse heads churn out and call it techno

preach
25-01-2006, 08:49 PM
hey guys! wanna say thanks for the very interesting topic (yes i really enjoyed reading it even tho alot of comments are negative). i wanna say first that im quite happy the way my career is going and i wouldnt change my vision for anybody else's opinion!

i dont deny my influences and i actually have more experience now in the studio to be able to create what i have always wanted my sound to be. perhaps its cheese, perhaps its sometimes crowd pleasures... but i will say that 95% of the work i have done i was glad to have it in my record case because it represented me...

my background is acid house, trance, heavy metal, hiphop, alernative, pop... its a blend yes but why would i have to follow a specific trend? what is techno nowadays anyway... im just making music!

anyway i just want to say that me and marcog did this blur remix a while ago (2years at least) and then when carl cox heard it he started playing it all over and then michel de hey then kanzyani then this guy and this guy... everybody was asking us to release it!

aint making much with records anyway... i dont think we are doing this for cash or fame...

dirty_bass
25-01-2006, 10:41 PM
aint making much with records anyway... i dont think we are doing this for cash or fame...

Oh go on, I`ve seen you ogling those fur lined lizard skin lounge boots in the window of prada, ya mad frenchie.
Not to mention the extra wide brimmed pimp hat.
Gotta pay for it somehow, and the bitches ain`t earnin you no bread anymore.
:razz: :razz:

Patrick DSP
25-01-2006, 10:42 PM
hey guys! wanna say thanks for the very interesting topic (yes i really enjoyed reading it even tho alot of comments are negative). i wanna say first that im quite happy the way my career is going and i wouldnt change my vision for anybody else's opinion!

i dont deny my influences and i actually have more experience now in the studio to be able to create what i have always wanted my sound to be. perhaps its cheese, perhaps its sometimes crowd pleasures... but i will say that 95% of the work i have done i was glad to have it in my record case because it represented me...

my background is acid house, trance, heavy metal, hiphop, alernative, pop... its a blend yes but why would i have to follow a specific trend? what is techno nowadays anyway... im just making music!

anyway i just want to say that me and marcog did this blur remix a while ago (2years at least) and then when carl cox heard it he started playing it all over and then michel de hey then kanzyani then this guy and this guy... everybody was asking us to release it!

one of the many reasons why you rock, philippe! good for you!

S/E
26-01-2006, 12:21 AM
I don't like the track too much but Preach is doing what he loves so good for him. :)

MARKEG
26-01-2006, 12:34 AM
next blackout audio radio show is an interview with preach.check the d/l section of the site next week :)

The Overfiend
26-01-2006, 01:24 AM

Ok so Kanzyani and Cox
Same Difference.
Who else can make this and have a hydraulix release in the same month?

eyeswithoutaface
26-01-2006, 10:11 AM

Ok so Kanzyani and Cox
Same Difference.
Who else can make this and have a hydraulix release in the same month?

i dont get it? anyone who trie's i guess, no offence but to Preach of course but it doesnt strike me as a hard thing to do, just putting records out like the rest?

It's obvious phillipe isnt offended by people's opinion's on here, which is great, even with the schranz lot ive always said, as do most, if its what the individual wants to do then screw everyone else.

still a smelly track tho ;)

The Overfiend
27-01-2006, 01:40 AM
You don't get it?
It's like The Game making a cartoon & a gangster album in one week and maintaining artistic integrity among peers.

Patrick DSP
27-01-2006, 01:58 AM
You don't get it?
It's like The Game making a cartoon & a gangster album in one week and maintaining artistic integrity among peers.

you could have picked a better example, The Game sucks.

The Overfiend
27-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Daddy Yankee?
http://www.batanga.com/images/Artists/D/DaddyYankee1_200x250.jpg

eyeswithoutaface
27-01-2006, 09:11 AM
oh no i get what you mean, it's just not the bigger deal as you say, there isnt many people out there at the moment who havent done some kind of bootleg whilst still releasing the more dancefloor stuff they are known for. I dont think Phillipe will have lost integrity with anyone, a bad bootleg is just a bad bootleg, they are done for money usually and not much else so its always better to approach bootlegs with caution anyway

and yeah The Game seriously sucks

loopdon
27-01-2006, 01:20 PM
didn't for example a part of hardfloor do the same??

8 + 2 = 10
27-01-2006, 05:13 PM
ITs shite. No difference whether rework of commercial hit Trance or Techno style. 99.5 % this kind of effort falls flat on its face.

koma
27-01-2006, 06:37 PM
The Game sucks.

anyone going against Fitty sux
(except Vivica :drool: but I wont get into details here...)

G-g-g-g-g Unit!!!

:wheres-some-pimp-smiley-when-you-need-one: :cheese:

btw guys, didnt we discuss this already...? you know, that topic where we mentioned lots of techno artists having more commercial projects and releases...

The Overfiend
27-01-2006, 08:02 PM
You guys are buggin' Game is way nicer than fitty.
The verse he spit on Certified Gangster (which I'm sure that's why Dsp hates him cause I had that video on constant rotation at my old crib) Is too nice.

Harlem just like Compton
That's just how I roll
Red bandana wrapped around a Chrome Forty Four
Gun Smokin' Like Suge's Cigar
Tell me how you stunt
Get Thrown out of a moving Car

Y'all are buggin' Game is ud nice.

koma
27-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Ying Yang Twins rule them all
Three 6 Mafia is close... Stay fly!

btw when is someone going to ask Twista to feature on some techno record?? he did it with Prodigy, then Stanton Warriors, now he should spit some verses over hard techno beat... hit the floor!

8 + 2 = 10
01-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Essentially I really don't give a **** about a shit tune or two a guy releases. It doesn't really take much away from the good tunes he has produced. I would rather not hear him do this kind of thing and talk about Valentino or Cox wanted him to release such nonsense, but hey ho... I just won't buy it.

dirty_bass
01-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Blah blah I`m a gangster, and I`ve shot people and sold some drugs and stuff.
Blah blah the streets are tough and you have to fight to survive.
Blunts.
Chicks.
Cars.
Guns.
Brand names.
I am the best and you all suck.

Etc.

Si the Sigh
01-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Thats a mighty fine Mark EG impression there Steve... :lol:

Jay Pace
01-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Blunts.
Chicks.
Cars.
Guns.
Brand names.

Etc.

Girls know me and love my sexy body cos,
They know I'm hung like a diplodocus...

Jay Pace
01-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Cassetteboy and Dj Rubbish to rule all dem lil gansters

dirty_bass
01-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Blunts.
Chicks.
Cars.
Guns.
Brand names.

Etc.

Girls know me and love my sexy body cos,
They know I'm hung like a diplodocus...

Whoa, pre historic schlong action
Coming to a fiddyvid near you soon.

tekara
01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
50 cent is oversaturating himself in the market. He kinda reminds me of those big time players that everyone loves to hate. I compare him to Tom Cruise. Always in the spotlights, always getting media attention, hated by everyone.

The Game is a great rapper, better than 50 in my opinion, but he doesnt have the right hooks and choruses that 50 can make. Also Game is too much of a namedropper. I swear on the Documentary, every verse he kicks he will have to drop someones name.

Seriously, listen to his album, if you pay attention to his lyrics, EVERY VERSE HE WILL DROP SOMEONES NAME. And usually that person is 2pac, B.I.G, or Eric Wright (Who are all dead).

whats the point????? I'd rather listen to minimal haha :)

278d7e64a374de26f==