PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - God laughed as I bled you

dirty_bass
17-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Some harsh, depressing, industrial beats and noise that has been knocking around the studio for ages now.
Not really sure what the hell to do with this.
http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20God%20laughed%20as%20I%20bled%20you.mp3

fatcollective
17-12-2005, 08:03 PM
that scared the shit out of me...seriously man! :paranoid:

very well done ;)

holotropik
18-12-2005, 10:52 AM
woah.
I'm just getting familiar with your sound having listened to the voidloss set 'from inside' that i got from your site recently. I had a few listens to this set and am getting familiar with this vastly different sound. I like it and find it a very intent driven sound that implies the feeling of being driven or focussing intent subtly yet unwavering.

This track: are you after input?? if so....

I reckon bring the vocals in slightly earlier and build the intensity of the vocals.

Vocals need some variance now and again, maybe on one word or phrase to emphasise now and again. Still keeping the chantiness but adding some inflexions.

Coming from the dirtiness into intence clarity and almost a forced shouting (but not too much as that doesnt seem to be your way) - then drop them into that distorted farked up section like at the end. You could even turn the track and utilise the distorted elements and lift the intensity or feel of the track - change its direction to emphasise the meaning of the vocals (your dreams destroyed etc). So that the track is seeming to go in one direction then suffers insane distortion at the midpoint and finishes really showing that change has occured - reality has been altered as such.

The music should drop away or simplify as the vocals grow then leave the vocals hanging and then drop back into the music with the elements you have in the middle section currently.

Maybe add or fill out the bassline. this track needs to have some of your subtle felt but not heard basslines you use. Maybe go from the distorted sound into something fuller. The bassline would like some more spotlight somehow I reckon, just a little less distortion.

Its a great piece and as I said I am still getting used to your sound so I may not be completely helpful here?? Just ideas......hehehe, I been working on tracks all day so I may be faded now. Its time for bed.

Cheers.

Mindful
18-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Oooh cool, Ill grab this in a bit.

Mindful
18-12-2005, 12:52 PM
had a quick listen(not in moniters)
This groove is realy cool the longer it goes on.
Realy digging the edits espesh the first one in to the first break.
And these pads a mint, mega spooky horror flick feeling to em.
Also realy like where this vocal is in the mix and its dope how it gets more and more degraded.
This piano (or whatever)is working nice too.

Nice(or not)song man.

Mindful
18-12-2005, 12:53 PM
*pads are mint*

dirty_bass
18-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Any comments are wlecome, I am owrking totally blind here with no consideration for anyone but myself, so it`s interesting to know any feelings or tips or crit about this stuff, which is far too personal for me to be objective about.

j_s
19-12-2005, 12:34 AM
gotta say it's a bit crowded & chaotic for me. if you're going for a horribly claustraphobic vibe you've achieved that, no doubt. but for me, the cleaner sections have a lot more direction & groove and still sound moody as f.ck.

Evil G
19-12-2005, 02:21 AM
parts of this are brilliant, other parts not so much. the atmospheric sounds, pads, vocals, and edits are awesome. but i found the intro too long, some of the drum loops got a bit stale, and it was a lot muddier than your usual work (though i suppose that comes with the territory when using this much distortion).

speaking of distortion, i listened to this loud, to get the proper impact, and it started to hurt my ears about 5 mins in, which your stuff usually doesn't do, even when cranked up. maybe making it shorter would be in order if you don't feel like softening the sounds.

my 2 cents anyway.

cheers
-
G

dirty_bass
19-12-2005, 10:45 AM
if it hurts then it`s good.
There`s no conventional tuning here, this is about as close to spk, NON, and TG noise yet still staying vaguely listenable as I can get.
There`s nothing confortable or prestine intended here.
As for shortening it, I don`t think the achievment of full depression can be made in less time, this isn`t a dance or techno track, so to assess it as thus would be wrong.
Yep, crowded and chaotic, I agree there, claustrophobic is the intention.
Ok cool, cheers, hehe, I won`t be submitting this to intec then.

BRADLEE
19-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I really enjoyed the little ride this track took me on Steve. I don't have any complaints or suggestions really because it all is very smooth in my opinion. I respect your work as an artist Steve, not just someone who makes techno. So thank you for sharing your work with us.

Evil G
19-12-2005, 07:59 PM
if it hurts then it`s good.
There`s no conventional tuning here, this is about as close to spk, NON, and TG noise yet still staying vaguely listenable as I can get.
There`s nothing confortable or prestine intended here.
As for shortening it, I don`t think the achievment of full depression can be made in less time, this isn`t a dance or techno track, so to assess it as thus would be wrong.
Yep, crowded and chaotic, I agree there, claustrophobic is the intention.
Ok cool, cheers, hehe, I won`t be submitting this to intec then.

lol. well i certainly wasn't suggesting that you turn it into a commercial dance tune. i just thought that it should work more like a sledge hammer, which usually takes only a few hard blows to get it's point accross, but if it's mean to be a jack hammer that pounds all day, that's cool too. :)

dirty_bass
19-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Well, hehe, I don`t think this is a hard tune. But then, that`s just my perception.
I intended it to be really droney and miserable and depressing, and a bit disturbing.
It may well still need some balancing EQ wise, but the problem is some of the sounds morph around so they don`t tend to sit in the same place EQ wise.
I`ll have another look at the production end of things when I am more capable of subjecting myself to this tune again.

log:one
19-12-2005, 10:48 PM
absolutely sick track.

by the end of it i felt like i had been awake for about 5 days, locked in a cage. in a good way.

that vocal is really pissing me off too... please remind me where i heard it before, i know i used to have it. im thinking maybe add n to x but that might be completely wrong. please, i have to know or i will probably stab my gran to death for a laugh.

dan the acid man
20-12-2005, 12:32 AM
nice, or is that the right word, pretty damn dark, which is good.

does sound a little cluttered at times, but in a way that adds to it all, especially the pianos.

the only thing im not keen on is the rimshot, but thats because i hate rimshots for some reason

dirty_bass
20-12-2005, 03:35 AM
absolutely sick track.

by the end of it i felt like i had been awake for about 5 days, locked in a cage. in a good way.

that vocal is really pissing me off too... please remind me where i heard it before, i know i used to have it. im thinking maybe add n to x but that might be completely wrong. please, i have to know or i will probably stab my gran to death for a laugh.

It`s actually from a track on the 2nd Marylin Manson album: Antichrist Superstar. Can`t remember which one.

lau
20-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Pffff this is making my ears bleed on the phones!!!!

I like the crunchy-ness of it!!!! The track is pretty slow but still has a good drive!!! Dope for sure.!!!

:rambo:

BloodStar
20-12-2005, 07:20 PM
like this one. very dark and depressive after while and after few listens. that vocal is gr8 and also the pads sounds rich... . production part of thing sounds quite good. it is massive, maybe just tad too harshing at some moments and also bit overcompressed, i think.. very nice track, need to hear some more..

Mindful
21-12-2005, 07:54 PM
A good few listens on the moniters now and im quite liking this.
It does get quite abrasive as it progressive but im guessing that was the plan.
Also it gets quite uncoftable to listen too as it fills out but again Im guessing that was the plan.
Not my fave Viodless track but still very different and an expeirence other than the norm.

dirty_bass
21-12-2005, 09:59 PM
cheers, well I`m totally not making this music for anyone but myself here, so it`s all self indulgent artistic expression, hopefully sometimes it will apply to the dancefloor, but I don`t really care if it does or doesn`t.

278d7e64a374de26f==