PDA

View Full Version : Access Virus Classic

michael00elder
18-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Since Access have unveiled their latest additions to the virus range (The virus TI) they are now selling the virus "classic" for about £700 quid. I just wondered if anyone knew anything about the classic. I had been intending on saving up for a virus c but I would rather spend the money that it would probably cost on a second hand virus c on a brand new machine if it was capable of doing everything the virus c could do.
Does anyone know anything about it?

EmotionComplex
19-12-2005, 03:17 AM
its basically a virus B in a new red casing, the differnces between the b and c arent great although i imagine you oculd pick up a good nick second hand C now for 5-600 quid.

i own a C myself but personally id now rather own the powercore card with the virus plug in just because its more flexible.

if i were you id either seek out a s/h virus B which is gonna set you back about 300-400 quid, or if you read on up on the extras with the C and decide that would be better for oyu then again pick up a second hand one for about 500 ish ;)

tekara
01-02-2006, 06:43 PM
that is EXACTLY what i was thinking. I cant agree with you anymore. I love my Virus KC, and yes the knobs are great, but i think i can actually get more done with a TC Powercore unit and a Virus C plugin. Sometimes i find that the Virus C is just packed with so many functions and laid out right in front of you, it can actually get quite overwhelming.

I know of people that swear by the Virus family, and i couldnt agree more, but theres something inconvenient about it. Im not sure if its the submenus after submenus that i have to scroll through just to get something simple done. The sound engine is amazing though. I would definately recommend this machine to someone that already has an intuitive knowledge of how synthesizers work. I first got this machine when i was new to the realm of hardware technology and it was a steep learning curve.

278d7e64a374de26f==