PDA

View Full Version : SMITTEN IS DEAD - SHUT UP REMIXES

analog tactic
19-12-2005, 04:44 PM
http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/strip07/a/ DAVE THE DRUMMER REMIX

http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/strip07/b/ A LIBERATOR & GEEZER RMX

Shut up is probly my favorite smitten, no suprise either of the remixes have anything on the original.

Pretending i hadnt heard the remix i'd say DAVEs mix quite good, bit of a psycotic sound to it, nice bassline, nothing special though

and Aaron liberators and Geezers mix sounds lot like DAVEs to be honest, again nothing special here.

dan the acid man
19-12-2005, 05:30 PM
liking both these remixes actually, and how can yous ay they sound the same as each other, they sound totally different to me.

also, have you got the names mixed up, the first one sounds like geezer to me, and the second one has a henry feel about it

Aratron
19-12-2005, 07:11 PM
i think the a side is definitely an improvement on the original, not sure about the b side.

fatcollective
19-12-2005, 07:46 PM
i think the A is Guy n Aaron and the B is DAVE.

pretty good stuff, still love the original though.

Deviant Idol
20-12-2005, 12:42 AM
I definitely like the B side on this release, even though I didn't really care for the original, this is something I think I'll play a lot more.... Great stuff.

Si the Sigh
20-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Like both sides, but they are still poo-ish when compared to the original IMO. Whos stupid fu*king idea was it to start this label anyway? :lol:

davethedrummer
20-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Like both sides, but they are still poo-ish when compared to the original IMO. Whos stupid fu*king idea was it to start this label anyway? :lol:

chris liberators idea actually.
and why don't you back the f#ck up, si?
no, maybe the tracks aren't gonna be as "good" ( in your eyes ) as the originals
but then the originals came out years ago , and maybe things were fresher for you all round in your own head back then.
think about it mate , you bitch more than anyone about that old skool sound but most people don't want to listen to that any more
including me to an extent.

now you've bitched about the label many times
and you've given us your opinion on many of the mixes being "poo"
and you're a moderator
start acting like one.
and don't be so f@cking rude about some people whoi ar e trying their best to give you good music against all the odds.

respect , remember that word.

dan the acid man
20-12-2005, 10:16 AM
si got told off :razz:

anyway.........most remixes wont touch the original, especially if you loved the original and it came out years ago, as you hold all the memorys that record has for you,
but thats not the point, the idea is for other prodcuers to use the samples in their own way, yeah, keep some of the feeling of the original if they want, but most people that buy a remix want to hear that producers sound in there, and a more uptodate track.

Plus producers change styles, change the way they work maybe, so years later when a remix comes around, there's no point in remixing it in the exact same style or sound as everything was when it was released, if they did that, they'd be accused of not doing anything different

analog tactic
20-12-2005, 10:28 AM
si got told off :razz:

anyway.........most remixes wont touch the original, especially if you loved the original and it came out years ago, as you hold all the memorys that record has for you,
but thats not the point, the idea is for other prodcuers to use the samples in their own way, yeah, keep some of the feeling of the original if they want, but most people that buy a remix want to hear that producers sound in there, and a more uptodate track.

Plus producers change styles, change the way they work maybe, so years later when a remix comes around, there's no point in remixing it in the exact same style or sound as everything was when it was released, if they did that, they'd be accused of not doing anything different

Thats actually prity well said. :clap:

I suppose both these remixes achive bringing a fresh sound to the tune, but they just dont give that grin i get when i hear the original, and thats not because ive got sintimental memories, ive only been into techno for two years so for me even the old music is new. They both make good filler tracks if you ask me, there quite chilled out techno, nothing bad about them, just its not exactly f*cking 'avin it!

anyway, anyone know where the sample was taken from? is it a film?

Si the Sigh
20-12-2005, 10:40 AM

chris liberators idea actually.
and why don't you back the f#ck up, si?
no, maybe the tracks aren't gonna be as "good" ( in your eyes ) as the originals
but then the originals came out years ago , and maybe things were fresher for you all round in your own head back then.
think about it mate , you bitch more than anyone about that old skool sound but most people don't want to listen to that any more
including me to an extent.

now you've bitched about the label many times
and you've given us your opinion on many of the mixes being "poo"
and you're a moderator
start acting like one.
and don't be so f@cking rude about some people whoi ar e trying their best to give you good music against all the odds.

respect , remember that word.

Woah! Hold up mate, it was meant as a humorous comment as we've been here before LOADS of times before. Sorry that you've taken it the wrong way. If I'd said it to your face you might have laughed along. Things get taken differently when typed instead of spoken. You know full well I am a moaning cunt and hard to please (just ask my missus! :lol: ), you know that because I've even seen you type something along the lines of "Bloody hell even Si likes it!" and it's been taken as a joke, well it has to me anyway. Do a search of this forum and dig up the Smitten is Dead posts from the past. Look...ME MOANING! :lol:

Ok, so its getting tired and i'll shut up about it now.

Smitten is Dead made ME get into producing, because I personally went up to and said to Chris, and I remember telling you in person, face to face, that I wasn't feeling any of the Smitten is Dead releases bar the Bad Day remixes. So Log:one and me set about remixing PacTek to see if we could do something new and fresh and try and out do the people we look up to...YOU CUNTS! :lol:

I've got nothing but the up most respect for you, Chris & all the SUF collective and have supported the scene for fu*king years and years, but I can still have an opinion on shit can't I? I'm not going to like every release am I, but what are you saying, as moderator I should bite my tongue? Bollocks.

I have loved 2, yes thats right 2 Guy McAffer releases this week! (shock horror!) Good music is good music. This week I liked 2 of Guy's releases more than yours and Ant's remixes of an old tune.

Great! :)

Sorry, but I don't want to hear re-hashed tracks unless they are absolutely monsterous. I want to hear fresh new stuff. I don't want re-heated beans on crusty burnt fu*king toast, I want a phat fry up. Guy's cooked my fry up this week, but he's broken the Yolk on my egg. (Yolk records?! ha ah...ah, forget it). Yes I can hear there's good in them there tracks (said in broad 'Zummerzet accent) but they are not floating my boat.

On a serious note, if ANYONE thinks that as a mod I should NOT be aloud to say anything bad about tracks or have an opinion then I'll step down now. I will not bite my tongue. Ok, I will be more constructive with my feedback like I used to, because good or bad, feedbacks all good IMO. I will also refrain from using the word "poo" or "poo-ish" :lol:

Merry fu*king Christmas. :)

PS: I love you... *mwah*

Si the Sigh
20-12-2005, 10:45 AM
ha! I even said I liked both sides! :lol:

I Like both sides, but they are still poo-ish when compared to the original IMO. Whos stupid fu*king idea was it to start this label anyway? :lol:

Smell my cheese you mother!

http://www.supanet.com/media/00/04/76/alan_partridge.jpg

ha ha!

analog tactic
20-12-2005, 10:55 AM
I think si has probly said the same about Raw remixes and ive probly said the same myself. Some times remixes just dont cut it, non of the pounding grooves remixes do anything for me.

Alex calver has made some good remixes and i think 3/5 of the hydraulix 13.Xs have been wicked.

And as for making a negative comment, yes maybe on a teary tuesday after a heavy weekend they arent taken as well, but, if it was me i would rather know when i have made something which wasnt up to my usual standard, as equaly i would like to be praised for good work. its better than living with your head in the clouding thinking every track you make is amazing.

freedom of speach!

Merry Christmas

and dont forget we all love you DAVE even if we dont love every single one of your tracks, i refer you to...http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=44004

dan the acid man
20-12-2005, 12:12 PM
And as for making a negative comment, yes maybe on a teary tuesday after a heavy weekend they arent taken as well, but, if it was me i would rather know when i have made something which wasnt up to my usual standard, as equaly i would like to be praised for good work. its better than living with your head in the clouding thinking every track you make is amazing.

freedom of speach!

Merry Christmas

i dont think this is about criticism, the tracks aren't badly produced, alot of us will like the songs, i know im liking what i've heard from the snippets, i think its more about the wording of the posts, and the constant posting about remixes not being as good or whatever as the original.

now i love the original, and im loving what i've heard of the remixes, at least i'll be able to play these in a set, as they sound more fresh and uptodate, where as the original, would probably sound out of place now, and people heard it too much when it was released.

so in my eyes, or ears i suppose, they've done the job :techno:

Trip Head
20-12-2005, 04:44 PM
The original is quality no doubt, geezers funky clap pattern is
class. But these remixes are on a different tip, they're a different type of techno and they're made a number of years later. Someone played it on friday in London, think it was dave, and it added the quality sample into a nice track which really fitted well into the set.

Saying don't remix a track unless its going to be absolutely incredible is just like saying don't make an original track unless its amazing. To be hounest a lot of the attempts to make the killer track with all these huge basslines and massive acid line has got a bit annoying. You should be able to make quality danceable techno that works on the floor. Maybe tracks will be accused of being run of mill, but if you're listening to them as net samples on headphones or computer speakers, and not on a rig with some blending it into another track you can't really judge it. I've done so before and heard tracks played out/mixed well and changed my opinion.

I don't think there's a problem with expression, but this board has certainly got fairly negative. The next SUF or whatever acid techno label is not going to suddenly sound like the old skool acid monster you want. I think people need to stop longing for every release to be like an old routemaster and realise that times have moved on. Look further afield for new music maybe, you can't stop evolution...

davethedrummer
20-12-2005, 06:27 PM
ok si
nobody said you didn't have a right to excersise your opinion
but i thought you were being rude and in my book thats a different thing.

so yeah avoid phrases like " poo " etc etc etc in future
which is why i made the moderator dig, after all you are one
( a moderator, not a poo)

its all acid techno in here, and i come here quite a lot too 'cos i like talking to you lot ( god knows why )
so i took that a bit personal , and i'll give as good as i get .
i don't mind when people dont like my stuff and i can sure as hell take critisism , but i'll fight back if i think something is unfair.

so....
shall we leave it there ???
still mates.? or shall we have a fight at the next gig ? take photos , and post them up here so everyone can see who won?

;)

dan the acid man
20-12-2005, 06:41 PM
nah, just keep turning his mic off next time you see him mc'ing :lol:

nihilist
20-12-2005, 10:33 PM
ooooo just when i thought BOA was becoming a bit boring i find a good slanging match going on. :shock:

i think remixes are a good idea as some people may never have heard the oringinal,sometimes they dont hit the mark sometimes they do, but isn't that the same with all tunes?

davethedrummer
21-12-2005, 11:58 AM
nah, just keep turning his mic off next time you see him mc'ing :lol:

maybe i'll add a lot of pitch shift and make his voice sound like a girls

i don't know if thats necessary , thinking about it. :twisted:

anyway wheres he gone?
si is unusually quiet
come back here and fight you coward !!!!

xes
21-12-2005, 01:09 PM
*puts some popcorn in the microwave*

I love a good scrap!!

Dabble
21-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Well, I quite like both of these and hope I dont get me head bitten off for saying so. It might have something to do with being an old Jello Biafra fan but the samples work really well with both tracks, as they did in the original. I haven't actually bought one Smitten Is Dead yet but I'll be buying this. Good stuff!

rhythmtech
21-12-2005, 09:13 PM
This is quite an interesting release. I didn't really like any of the previous releases too much but this grabbed my attention a bit more. The a-side is another release from Guy that i like (i think i've liked the last three of his releases). i'm likin it. It gets a little harsh for my tastes towards the end but still good. B-side is nice with a similiar groove to hydraulix 20a i think. i like the vocal. Good release.

acidpisar
21-12-2005, 10:08 PM
i wasn't sure if i like this release when i got it...

but after playing this at the party now i'm sure that i really like it :cheese:

i'm telling about herry's remix.

it has really good stomp and i like the the tempo of lyrics.
and the most important thing is that after the set loads of people were asking me about this tune so it means that it is a good release.

good one.

MrAcid
08-01-2006, 09:42 PM
by the way...i just want to understand why dave's mention old school like dead stuff sometimes. its old?? yeah it is...but is not shitty stuff. and u was a part of all of this right?

not personally henry , im a big fan of you and all of your jobs actually...but u play a couple of old school records still...and u keep saying...i dont wanna listen old school anyomre..bla bla bla...

just a simple and particular opinion.

sounds weird the way of you talk about old school

cheers...

The Germ
08-01-2006, 11:01 PM
ill fight you henry!

Si the Sigh
09-01-2006, 09:08 AM
*Si forms a tag team with The Germ*

:lol:

imported_sicknote
09-01-2006, 10:31 AM
when you hear the 303 i want you to come out mixing,

:rambo: in the red corner ... weighing in at multitudes of nasty techno over many years ... the heavyweight of the underground...iiiiiiiits hennnnnnnry........

:newstyle: :techno: and in the blue corner ... the tag team spanning the atlantic (cos they cant do it by themselves) .... the acid techno moaners ... iiiiiits germmmm nnnnn siiiiiiiiiiii.......

lets keep it clean people.....

:dance:

davethedrummer
09-01-2006, 10:36 AM
of course i like the old skool sound mr acid.
i helped make a lot of it so of course i like it,
but,
i don't think its fair to keep comparing the old and the new
as the styles of music are very different now.

but of course i understand if people feel let down by remixes,
i mean those old tracks were great and still are , and they are really hard to remix , because they are perfect for what they are.

and its as simple as that.

Si the Sigh
09-01-2006, 11:13 AM
blah blah, etc... :lol: Anyway, when's that Hotwire track out Mr C? And what label is it going to be on? Need that tune!

Athar
09-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Anyway, when's that Hotwire track out Mr C? And what label is it going to be on? Need that tune!

Good question :cheese:

MrAcid
09-01-2006, 05:24 PM
of course i like the old skool sound mr acid.
i helped make a lot of it so of course i like it,
but,
i don't think its fair to keep comparing the old and the new
as the styles of music are very different now.

but of course i understand if people feel let down by remixes,
i mean those old tracks were great and still are , and they are really hard to remix , because they are perfect for what they are.

and its as simple as that.

NOW im proud of you man! love those words !

hahaha...i understand your points mate....and i agreed with this new words...

cheers

slacker
10-01-2006, 05:13 PM
still mates.? or shall we have a fight at the next gig ? take photos , and post them up here so everyone can see who won?

PM me if you want to place a bet. I'm running the book on this one. :D

278d7e64a374de26f==