PDA

View Full Version : Sep blatter atatcks football clubs.

Miksta
19-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Fifa president Sepp Blatter has launched an attack on Chelsea as he called for limits on foreign stars.
Blatter said: "If a club can only have five foreigners among their starting 11, then they will have to build on their own youth system.

"If Chelsea were forced to have five foreigners then Roman Abramovich could not go on buying the best players across the world for exorbitant fees.

"Chelsea is the example of what should not happen."

I hope some restriction does come in to place, as utimetly, the national side will suffer the most.

I mean, look at arsnel they can field full team+subs of pure foriegn players, so can a number of other teams.

i fully support a restriction in foriegn players.

Miksta
19-12-2005, 05:55 PM
damn my spelling is bad.

macca
19-12-2005, 06:10 PM
hes a cunt an i dont normally agree with some of the comments he makes but 100% agree there the mans spot on

Esox Lucius
19-12-2005, 06:21 PM
hmmm why is he having a go at chelsea? they have cole, lampard, terry, duff, wright philips.

there are much worse teams, arsenal are the worst culprits, bolton have got loads of foreigners and so have liverpool.

Hakka
19-12-2005, 06:57 PM
I would welcome restriction on foreigners, but doubt it will ever happen... all of Europe would have to conform to make it fair.

I used to argue that the national team would suffer, but we seem to have a fantastic set of players in the England fold right now without any restriction.

Miksta
19-12-2005, 06:58 PM
yeah i would of picked Arsnal as main culprits.

Hakka
19-12-2005, 06:59 PM
yeah i would of picked Arsnal as main culprits.

Agreed.

Arsenal have bought a lot of youth in, but its from all over the world as opposed to all over England.

phantomdj
19-12-2005, 09:18 PM
some of you seem to be forgetting.... we live under european law and all citizens in europe have equal working rights across every nation,

the only 'foreigners' they can limit are those from outside of Europe.

nick_anarchy
19-12-2005, 10:15 PM
hes a prick , pele should take over his job

Hakka
19-12-2005, 10:51 PM
some of you seem to be forgetting.... we live under european law and all citizens in europe have equal working rights across every nation,

the only 'foreigners' they can limit are those from outside of Europe.

very true, this is why I was saying that all of Europe's footballing leagues would have to agree so it would be fair. Just can't see it ever happening.

jam
20-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes the thing that pisses me off about Arsenal is all the forign youth players,why not bring the English lads through? given the right coaching they can do as good a job as those french,itailian african etc etc look at us we have Downing,Morrison,Parnaby,Macmahon,Bates,Weater,Ken nedy,Johnson,Cattermole,Craddick etc etc not only English but from Boro as well and that isn't down to look of loads of talent just apearing in the area it's down to the right coaching,so Arsenal have no need to do this and it really pisses me off.

jam
20-12-2005, 04:01 PM
I also there should be a restriction on forign players and the policy should be changed for work permits also,they shouldn't be based on international caps,coz there are plenty of good players not playing for thier country for whatever reason.

Traxx
20-12-2005, 04:29 PM
He's a fukin gobshite.

dan the acid man
20-12-2005, 05:01 PM
if your good enough, you will get a game, so i dont mind foreign players, it makes our home grown players work harder and becaome better players, imo of course

french_og
20-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Yes but our younger players don't get a chance to show they are good enough with the amount of foreign players.

That is not the issue really, no body minds foreign players like Henry, Davids, Van Persie, Crespo playing in England as they improve the Premiership and our players improve from playing with and against, training and watching these playes , it is the amount of average foreign players that are in England stopping the development of the younger players. I think a maximum of 6/7 foreign players is plenty in a side and all English clubs really should have 4/5 English players.

djfase
20-12-2005, 06:03 PM
In all honesty thislimit cannot come in now.

Its their trade and u cannot stop ppl working, so the government will have to come in somewhere if it did.

Its all this eu shit

jam
21-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Like i say its a fine line from making it and not making it,its down to attitude and coaching and not alot to do with talent.English players can be coached just as well as any other nationality so why choose a french youngster over an english one?

278d7e64a374de26f==