PDA

View Full Version : Punky Funky

osmotek
19-12-2005, 07:47 PM
another track from me, hope you like this one, style: acid/nrg/funk.

http://www.djosmo.net/osmo_punky_funky.mp3

danielmarshall
18-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Poor you, not a review yet. I know what that feels like, so I'll get the ball rolling for ya.

Woah! Haha what a crazy song. Fun to listen to - though a night of this and I'd need a big bag full of paracetamol. I'd probably also need a big bad full of some other pills before the night started to keep up with the tempo! I really like the delayed percussion at the beginning of the track. The bassline sounds too much like Dutch hardcore for my liking, but it isn't out of place. Like the D.A.V.E. the Drummer-esque congas.

Song progresses nicely. Nice arrangement. Those psy-trancey synths introduced at 2:22 sound nice and that big arse pitch bend at 2:45 winds up the song quite nicely. Maybe you could scale down the intensity of the track a few seconds just before it to emphesise it's imapact. A key change could work well here too.

Maaan that breakdown is awesome. I think my brain is melting! The vocal works well here, and that synth that you introduce sounds like some sort of crazed banjo from hell. Funky.

Production wise it sounds somewhat flat. I think your main hihat stands a little proud in the mix. I'd like to hear more suffle - I very much dislike tracks with no swing. It just adds that much more energy to the sound. You haven't compressed this track much. I'd try using a cranked up side chained compresor here (I like the effect on the rides as well as the bass) to add a bit more punch and movement, add your main equalisation, then compress the whole mix with a lowish gain reduction and a longer release.

On the whole a good attempt. Not really my thing, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Kind regards,

Dan

Just a note: you're probably not going to get all that many reviews on this site since it's more of a techno crowd here. Try samplecity.net (when it actually becomes opperational again) for hard trance/ hardstyle production. I was having your issue with getting reviews by people into similar styles until I found this place. Same goes for futureproducers.com which focuses more on hiphop. Most folk here are into the London acid sound more than funky techno, so I suppose I'm still an outsider :P

278d7e64a374de26f==