PDA

View Full Version : Following Your Hero

module
20-12-2005, 06:09 PM
how many will give a track/style a bigger chance if a name they respect if bigging it ?

personally, i have tried very hard to follow no one sound or scene on the grounds that Dj ***** is supporting it.. or cos ***** ******* has a popular label involved.

do ppl generally go with or against this ?

and as an after thought, has anyone had enuff clicks & pops yet ?

WE WANT MAXIMILISM :cheese:

gumpy green
20-12-2005, 06:17 PM
i know myself when i hear something wethear i like it or not....

couldnt give a fuk what people think...i like some cheesey wak stuff somtimes but know its commercial crap so wouldnt buy it or that......but i cant help getting that feeling i do from sounds i like.

eyeswithoutaface
20-12-2005, 07:05 PM
dont be stupid, if ANYONE is into a track solely because so and so is playing it, then they really need to have a long hard look at themselves

There are 2 types of music, good and bad. If what other people think of your music taste's bother you, then again a long hard look in teh mirror is needed. Music is too subjective to box into such questions, and remember we are ALL guilty of liking bad music at some point, as i say, its subjective

Certain Dj's playing certain records only helps to the point of getting the music heard, which is what Djing is all about is it not?

dan the acid man
20-12-2005, 07:36 PM
i like what i like, i dont follow anybodys style as such, and definetly dont follow whats in fashion.

although i did buy a minimal record for the first time in years last week, but thats only because i clicked on the wrong buy button on a website and never noticed until it turned up this morning :( :oops: :lol: doh!!!!

Stella Boy
20-12-2005, 07:57 PM
and as an after thought, has anyone had enuff clicks & pops yet ?

too bloody right and alot of clubs these days seem to have mnml as the warm up sound*..... WHY ? If you want to noodle and chat to your mates then meet in the pub and have a few cold ones before you go to the club. Why pay £X to stand about, nod ya head and say every 20 seconds " oooh, nice fart sound there" followed by a bit of chin stroking.

* schminimal clubs the exception

eyeswithoutaface
20-12-2005, 08:02 PM
no, we need more clicks and alot more pops, seriously, its great music that is, imo, just played/marketed in the wrong environment at times, but keep it coming everyone i say

mattboyslim
20-12-2005, 09:03 PM
how do you break this down though? i mean, if you really like a dj then you'll know what he's playing anyway, so if you like him you must like his tunes so where do you draw the line?

if a dj starts playing something different and you like what he's playing then fair lay for turning you on to something you hadn't heard of before.

the only bad element to any of this is people playing records they hate just cos someone they respect is playing it, but surely thats not what techno is about?

RDR
21-12-2005, 12:14 AM
I follow no-one

i dont even listen to techno

I dont go out to techno clubs

I listen to raido 4bbc

I listen to pink floyd

I follow my own path

follow yours.

techno isnt a well trodden path its a journey.

RDR
21-12-2005, 12:16 AM
i like what i like, i dont follow anybodys style as such, and definetly dont follow whats in fashion.

although i did buy a minimal record for the first time in years last week, but thats only because i clicked on the wrong buy button on a website and never noticed until it turned up this morning :( :oops: :lol: doh!!!!

Too right dan.

to be different means ignoring the rest. music comes from the sole, not from one plaice...

:lol:

that pun was SOOO shit! hahahha!

MARKEG
21-12-2005, 01:00 AM
yup i say totally the same. like what you like. feel what you feel.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jay Pace
21-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I would definitely give something more of a chance if someone I respected rated it.
There loads of stuff I'm not especially educated about - art, music, literature etc and I would always be interested in the opinions of those I respect.

Sometimes I don't get stuff immediately, and I can't see the point of it. But then once its been explained or put in context, or I experience it in a different environment I start to love it. And sometimes stuff you initially rejected grows on you and you end up loving it - there were so many jungle records I never bought because I thought they were cheesy and shit that became classics years later, and I loved them.

If someone spends all their time doing something and I respect them then I will listen to what they have to say.

And then if I really don't like it I will kill them for letting me down.

massplanck
21-12-2005, 06:46 PM
There are 2 types of music, good and bad.

Thats bollix.

There's loads.

(1) Devine
(2) To die for
(3) aMAZINg
(4) Brilliant
(5) Very Brilliant
(6) Very Very Brillant
(6)Banging
(7) Rockin
(8) Trance
(9) Hard Trance
(10) Devine Hard Trance
(11) Loud
(12) No
(13)Very Very Devine Hard Trance
(14) Emotional
(15)Romantic
(16) Very Very Romantic Hard Emotional Black Metal
.-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999) Bad
(1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) Good

module
21-12-2005, 07:25 PM
dont be stupid, if ANYONE is into a track solely because so and so is playing it, then they really need to have a long hard look at themselves

There are 2 types of music, good and bad. If what other people think of your music taste's bother you, then again a long hard look in teh mirror is needed. Music is too subjective to box into such questions, and remember we are ALL guilty of liking bad music at some point, as i say, its subjective

Certain Dj's playing certain records only helps to the point of getting the music heard, which is what Djing is all about is it not?

stupid ?k.. if your gonna jus sling insults.. leave the thread.

thanks to all else for their input.

specially the person who mentioned art.. great point :)

278d7e64a374de26f==