PDA

View Full Version : FAO Mark EG (or any1 rlse that owns a Xone 62

bayley
21-12-2005, 05:23 PM
right guys.. i had planeed to order my pioneer djm 600 2day in order to get it for christmas.. was looking forward to it, after weeks of intense research!!! but having read some of the older posts regarding peoples negative views of this mixer, i have postponed my order until after christmas as it is a lot of money to gamble. i am fully aware that allen and heath make superb quality and build within all of there products.. i demo'd the xone 92 and was very impressed, however i cant afford this mixer unfortunately.. so i now have my eyes on the xone 62.. there is just one thing stopping me from ordering. and that is the studio like chunky faders!! they are the same faders that are on the sabre plus that i use in the studio!!! i really dont like the feel of them for mixing as the faders cant be pinched and thrown about as easy as the flat faders found on almost all other models of mixer.. how do u guys find them?? i do a lot of chopping, whist playing hardcore techno and breaks.. aswell as smooth trance mixing.. and apart from the faders, how do u find the rest of the mixer... ie build quality, sound quality for recording, headroom, filters, EQ etc.. i would really appreciate some constructive views from djs with experienc eof this mixer.. thanks in advance guys.. Bayley PS. has any1 used the Denon mixer... i 4get the model name now, but it is fully digital (which concerns me slightly) as my experience of digital mixers (both studio and dj mixers) has not been successful to say the least!!! thanks guys

MARKEG
21-12-2005, 07:37 PM
i have no problems at all with the size of the faders. you do get used to it.

the problem i've found with the mixer is things do go wrong. two of my channels went so I just left them for years and when I finally got round to fixing them, they were fixed and then other things went wrong. i do like the mixer alot and i really wouldn't swap it for the pionneer. i do have a slight problem with the bass cut out though but cause you have the filters that isnt an issue. it's defintely not a sturdy as say those bloody silver vestax mixers

MARKEG
21-12-2005, 07:37 PM
i have no problems at all with the size of the faders. you do get used to it.

the problem i've found with the mixer is things do go wrong. two of my channels went so I just left them for years and when I finally got round to fixing them, they were fixed and then other things went wrong. i do like the mixer alot and i really wouldn't swap it for the pionneer. i do have a slight problem with the bass cut out though but cause you have the filters that isnt an issue. it's defintely not a sturdy as say those bloody silver vestax mixers

Barely Human
21-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Go for the Ecler. If your not sure, demo it somewhere and i guarantee you will be impressed.

278d7e64a374de26f==