PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool vs Newcastle

Hakka
26-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh yes... the big game!

Liverpool, 2nd best defence in the league. The may not score many goals but they certainly don't let many in. I'm expecting defeat as going to Anfield expecting a win given Liverpool’s recent record would be foolish. Michael Owen and Alan Shearer will always pose a threat but that threat is all about supply. Without anything being supplied to them they will not be hitting the back of the net. I dunno if Luque will play this game, but it's important he and Solano are used as wide men to give the team width and to ping some nice crosses in for Shearer or Owen (as he seems to be good in the air too!).

Faye has been not bad in the last few games. Pompey fans said he was a great buy when I asked about him, but he's never looked that good when I watched him. His passing was average and his tackles were hard, but sometimes clumsy. I expect he will start given Parker's suspension. Emre may be beside him and Solano on the right.

Liverpool have the 203 shots at goal this season. That's the 4th best in the league. This shows that as team they are creating a lot of chances. Liverpool's biggest let down is their lack of finishing. Conversion rate is 9%, being 17th best in the league. If Liverpool had a top finisher (Owen) it makes me wonder if they would be much closer points wise to Chelsea.

Newcastle have not played well. They are the worst team for fouls this season with 312 fouls. This is unusual for Newcastle, never seen them leading the fouls count like this. I think it must be frustration getting to them with the high expectations of the Toon Army. After a big spending spree in the summer and a poor finish in the league last season, the Toon Army expect and demand better. Newcastle have been better at finishing than Liverpool (currently 8th in the league with a 13% conversion rate) however they have not created so many chances. Only 139 shots at goal, which is 18th best in the league. I think this reflects the inferior long ball tactic that is employed sometimes. Less chances as its easier to defend, but when Owen latches on to one and gets a chance, he will often put them away. Newcastle have the 5th best crossing accuracy in the league but they are 15th in the league for the number of crosses actually made. I think this is where they need to focus their attack, down the flank. Get as many crosses in as possible as Newcastle's ability to find a black and white player in the box from a cross is pretty high.

What do you lot think?

french_og
26-12-2005, 12:57 PM
That Useless Sack of Sh*te Sissoko is injured or suspended today so Liverpool might should go back to 4-4-2 with Alonso and Gerrard in the middle and GarcĂ*a on the right, Liverpools best formation.

I fancy Newcastle to get something from this game, Owen is looking awesome and his all round game is better than ever and his presence seems to give the whole side a new gear.

dj casualty
26-12-2005, 01:28 PM
got 1-1 written all over it this one

nick_anarchy
26-12-2005, 02:28 PM
2-1 to the toon

Hakka
26-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Looks like it will be an easy Liverpool win. Newcastle are playing terrible. Liverpool are patient and they move the ball around with ease. When they see an opening they seize it. Newcastle have no ideas on the ball. It's a rush to get the ball to anyone and that leads to mistake or bad pass.

Newcastle need to relax, be PATIENT and control the game a bit. They have created hardly any chances, the one that they did do was from a cross! - but Riise did well to head over his own bar. Shearer and Owen are useless in your team if you can't get the ball to them in front of goal. Bowyer has been crap, he needs to replace him Solano and hope he can work some magic. Luque has been a bit unlucky, but isn't been used for his best purporse, PACE. We really needed Scott Parker for this game.

To make things worse Steve Taylor has injured his shoulder AGAIN, another 6 to 7 weeks out...

Steven Gerrad has looked great. Also Kewell has done well with getting down the wing, although his shooting has been as bad as Garcia's.

Newcastle's only shot at goal came from a N'Zobia shot from about 35 yards out.

2 goals to the Kop, could have been more.

Newcastle have to dig deep if they expect to even come out with a draw.

Hakka
26-12-2005, 04:32 PM
****ING DISGRACE!!!

BOWYER SENT OFF FOR A LITTLE BIT LATE CHALLENGE, HE GETS SHOVED TO THE GROUND BY THE TALENTLESS LANKY CUNT AND HE ONLY GETS A BOOKING!

A god damn joke.

The player that Bowyer tackled didn't even look like it hurt him, he was getting up while the rest of the players surrounded Bowyer.

Traxx
26-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Temper temper hakka son. Outclassed, the winning not conceding premier run continues.

Traxx
26-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I bet that hurt owen. Im glad, now he knows how it feels.

Hakka
26-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Temper temper hakka son. Outclassed, the winning not conceding premier run continues.

lol...

my hole family went nuts in that moment of the game!

To be fair Solano could have been sent off for a possible hand ball, so I should be realistic.

Liverpool passed the ball around so well. The amount of chances you had dicates you will score by the law of averages! lol... if your team had Shearer and Owen up front it would of been 10 - 0 to Liverpool... lol.

Liverpool have a great defence. It's so strong and quick that it can defend all sorts of situations. Newcastle made things so much easier for Liverpool by having such poor back line. They were dreadful. The tactics and coaching at Newcastle must be bad too as they had no idea of how to defend anything or what to do when they had the ball back.

Boumsong... why does he turn around and let 2 or 3 Liverpool players surround him when he is on the ball? Sometimes he gets in there, makes a great challenge, then spends 5 seconds turning around and looking while the other team surround him and nick the ball.

The days when we were a top 6 team have faded back to 2003/4, before Robson was sacked. Our defence is a joke. Given is a hero, but is sure to leave if things stay as they are.

french_og
26-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Liverpool always play well with that 11 players in that formation, hope Benitez does not go back to 4-5-1 now. Well played Liverpool.

macca
26-12-2005, 05:11 PM
nice win 4 us gutted we didnt convert more chances but we played very well an bowyers tackle was l8 should of been a yellow maybe, its prob cos he is a dirty smack rat he was sent off ;)

basslinejunkie
26-12-2005, 05:44 PM
next ;)

jam
26-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Got a text off my scouse mate

"we're playing like Brazil.Believe."

To which i replied

"Boro are playing like Bolivia.Believe"

Although in hindsight that was a little harsh on the south americans,San Morino would have probs been a better choice.

basslinejunkie
26-12-2005, 06:48 PM
i wouldnt quite say like brazil,more like valencia when he was in charge there.and its a ****in good thing!!! benitez is the man,u were saying esox he'd be off to spain again after flopping??.......

basslinejunkie
26-12-2005, 06:49 PM
o yeah and its the blue s*ite next.CANNOT WAIT.

phantomdj
26-12-2005, 07:59 PM
liverpool now have the best defence in the premiership now.. chelsea let 2 goals in...

nick_anarchy
26-12-2005, 08:27 PM
yeh their playin well fair play .

french_og
26-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Probably the worst time to play Everton, they usually seem to upset Liverpool when Liverpool have been playing well. The league table means nothing when these two teams play.

Numeric
27-12-2005, 11:37 AM
i hope Everton will be able to take somin from the game but it's not lookin likely...

the kopites are playin alright i guess...

Hakka
27-12-2005, 01:40 PM
i hope Everton will be able to take somin from the game but it's not lookin likely...

the kopites are playin alright i guess...

They are doing better than alright mate, they are playing very good football. 8 Premiership wins back 2 back. The more I think about the game last night the more I praise Liverpool. They are looking very good. So solid in defence. They just need a 25 - 30 goal a season striker.

Newcastle made things look even easier for Liverpool yesterday with a poor performance, and that's why I'm so angry about the way Newcastle played. I knew we would lose, hoped we may get a draw, but was angry at how poor and lost we looked.

I think Everton will step up a gear for the Liverpool game, but I don't see them beating Liverpool on the day.

french_og
27-12-2005, 05:05 PM
If Liverpool keep the same side as yesterday they should win, they seem to not only win games but play good football with that side, unfortunately they will bring back Sissoko and play one up front and ruin the balance of the side.

278d7e64a374de26f==