PDA

View Full Version : Groove Magazine (Germany) - Readers Poll 2005 Results

crazyxray
31-12-2005, 12:51 AM
and the winner is ... (nearly no real Techno or Hardtechno/Schranz)

DJ NATIONAL:
Väth
Villalobos
Eulberg
Koze
Hell
Galuzzi / Wighnomy Bros (beide Platz 6)
Bug
Karotte
E. Allien
Miroir
Neumann
Liebing
Ata

DJ INTERNATIONAL
Hawtin
Garnier
Magda
J.Holden
Luciano
Tiga
Cox
Craig
Kitten
Mills
Beyer
Rush (Platz 19)

PRODUCER:
Eulberg
Trentemöller
Wruhme
Johnson
Villalobos
Hawtin
John Dahlbäck
Luciano
Koze
J.Holden

NEWCOMER:
Trentemöller
Koletzki
Alex Under
John Dahlbäck
Alex Smoke
Lindström
Onur Özer

LIVE ACT:
Alter Ego
Rother
3 Raum / M. Johnson (beide 3 Platz)
Ada / Ego Express (beid 4 Platz)
G. Ananda
Kowalski / Toni Rohr (beide 6 Platz)
Dapayk & Padberg
N. Lite
P. Kalkbrenner
Jamie Lidell

LABEL NATIONAL:
Kompakt
Traum/Trapez
Poker Flat
Cocoon
Klang/Playhouse
Gigolo
Musik Krause/Freude am Tanzen
Get Physical
Perlon
Areal
Kanzleramt (19)

LABEL INTERNATIONAL:
M_Nus
Border Community
Warp
Mute/NovaMute
Cadenza
Wagon Repair
Ghostly International/Spectral Sound
Soma
Kitsune
DFA/Planet E (beide 10 Platz)

CLUB:
Cocoon
Berghain
Robert Johnson
U 60
Click/Watergate/Muna (alle 5 Platz)
Harry Klein/Ebene 3 (beide 6 Platz)
603qm
Distillery
Harpune
Maria am Ufer

EVENT:
SMS
TimeWarp
Green&Blue
Cocoon Amnesia
c/o pop/ Nature One (beide 5 Platz)
Sonar
Freude im Groove @ Watergate
Love Family Park / Mayday (beide 8 Platz)
Sensation White / Tresor Closing (beide 9 Platz)
2 Jahre Submerge

djshiva
31-12-2005, 01:01 AM
tell me again what "real" techno is? ;)

really tho, i hear what yer sayin' crazy, but i think perhaps we should admit that, while there are a few rabid hard tech fans, there are a good chunk of "hard" techno djs that, frankly, are as boring as week old toast.

i feel the same way about techno djs who ALWAYS just start banging from the get-go as i do about drum n bass djs who do the same thing... *yawn*

perhaps (and i know this is sacrilege to say) if we started paying attention to what's happening on the dancefloor, instead of concentrating on blowing our own wad, we might get a few more hard techno converts...

just my .03 cents...

djshiva
31-12-2005, 01:02 AM
p.s. i mean, it is the people on the dancefloor who are paying to hear the music. at the end of the day, we can talk and talk about being "artists", but we are also "entertainers".

eyeswithoutaface
31-12-2005, 01:19 AM
polls mean practically nothing anyway, but a german magazine poll? wowser, pretty useless

crazyxray
31-12-2005, 01:22 AM
o.k., the point goes to you! of course it is hard to describe "real techno". but all this above is in most cases more minimal, electro-house, tech-house and so on. and in my opinion these are different styles, not techno. that is what i mean when i say no real techno.

crazyxray
31-12-2005, 01:24 AM
polls mean practically nothing anyway, but a german magazine poll? wowser, pretty useless

right, but it is just an info about whats up over here in germany.
most of all informations are pretty useless at all if the reader is not interested in them!

eyeswithoutaface
31-12-2005, 01:42 AM
not really a case of being interested, i like a good poll, poll's that actually go some way to help influencing a decision at least maybe. Polls like this, and polls in music in general, mean nothing

Dustin Zahn
31-12-2005, 08:04 AM
o.k., the point goes to you! of course it is hard to describe "real techno". but all this above is in most cases more minimal, electro-house, tech-house and so on. and in my opinion these are different styles, not techno. that is what i mean when i say no real techno.

So give us examples of artists, EPs, etc. that you believe are "real techno." I'm just curious to see what your definition is.

I think Germany's gone a bit overboard with the minimal/electro thing...but I'd say a lot of the people on that poll deserve it. I've seen most of those producers/acts play and a lot of them have played some tracks in their sets that are the most futuristic techno stuff I've heard in a long time, and that's coming from even the most cliché minimal DJs on that list.

Ritzi Lee
31-12-2005, 08:45 AM
If this is a poll about dance music in germany in general, then i find it rather a positive thing to read. better then that fecking dj magazine top 100....

Dorian Hunter
31-12-2005, 09:18 AM
You have to say, Groove-magazine has nearly no "real" or straight Techno in its articles, so it`s no surprise that the readers of this mag voted like this. It`s more interesting for the Cologne-Berlin-whatever-sound-lovers.

eyeswithoutaface
31-12-2005, 10:36 AM
whats not "real" techno about mills, beyer, hawtin, villalobos, Cocoon, Vath, Garnier, Kowalski and Rohr, Lidell, Novamute/mute etc etc?

The Divide
31-12-2005, 12:42 PM
whats not "real" techno about mills, beyer, hawtin, villalobos, Cocoon, Vath, Garnier, Kowalski and Rohr, Lidell, Novamute/mute etc etc?]

Exactly

Good to see Jamie Liddel get a mention up there too, to me it looks like a decent poll compared to some of the ones we get

No Paul Van Dyke, no Tiesto and no schranzepanzy

Ze Germans have good tast yaa.

crime
31-12-2005, 04:56 PM
I think in germany a lot of people dont realise what they really have.....

rotten
03-01-2006, 11:48 AM
this list is a f.u.c.k.i.n shame because it is fixed on the surface only of germanys techno scene! there are far more intersting acts which are not even listed! shame! this is mainstream! you lot should come here and convince yourself...

rotten
03-01-2006, 11:49 AM
crime is right! nobody really see the good things...

Miromiric
03-01-2006, 12:03 PM
tell me again what "real" techno is? ;)

:lol:

dirty_bass
03-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I think it`s fairly indicative of the current trends in techno.
Germany has a pretty good techno scene, and if this is the main thing that people are digging, who are we to argue?
Maybe try doing something different that will get taken notice of.
"Real" or "straight" techno seems to have been treading water since year 2000 and all these self satisfied producers making these lovely compressed full and in your face looptastic tunes, seemed to have not noticed that the crowd crave something new.
I`m not a huge fan of the majority of minimal stuff, but it certainly has more quirkiness, and a lot more personality than the majority of "straight" techno releases that basically thinks that a solid loop, one "clangy" or discordant sound, a hip hop vocal and some filter action, is enough to keep people interested to warrant the repetition of itself for release after release.
Rather than moaning about it, I think perhaps we should be doing something about it.

The Divide
03-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Well said :clap:

rotten
04-01-2006, 03:27 PM
I think it`s fairly indicative of the current trends in techno.
Germany has a pretty good techno scene, and if this is the main thing that people are digging, who are we to argue?
Maybe try doing something different that will get taken notice of.
"Real" or "straight" techno seems to have been treading water since year 2000 and all these self satisfied producers making these lovely compressed full and in your face looptastic tunes, seemed to have not noticed that the crowd crave something new.
I`m not a huge fan of the majority of minimal stuff, but it certainly has more quirkiness, and a lot more personality than the majority of "straight" techno releases that basically thinks that a solid loop, one "clangy" or discordant sound, a hip hop vocal and some filter action, is enough to keep people interested to warrant the repetition of itself for release after release.
Rather than moaning about it, I think perhaps we should be doing something about it.

amen sir! :toast:

278d7e64a374de26f==