PDA

View Full Version : Owen Breaks Foot¡

french_og
31-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Not good news for English and Newcastle fans although should be fit for the World Cup. Shay given also broke his thumb in todays 2-0 defeat for The Toon Army vs Spurs.

Esox Lucius
31-12-2005, 04:12 PM
well its not like we need shay to be fit for next summer :lol:

french_og
31-12-2005, 04:21 PM
What luck for Newcastle though, probably their two most important and best players injured.

Esox Lucius
31-12-2005, 04:29 PM
yeah they could certainly do with them, as you say them being 2 of their key players, they are not doing well but they have been having some bad luck, i thought owen would take the piss, if he stays with them for a while i reckon he could become a regular goal scorer. but i reckon he will be off after the world cup.

french_og
31-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Aparantly the Newcastle Midfield were non existent 1st half and Owen hardly got a touch. He looks like he is enjoying it at Newcastle but if they continue losing he won't be liking that. Not sure he would leave for any club either then Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, think he owes it to Newcastle though after they paid 17 million for him.

Traxx
31-12-2005, 05:09 PM
If he's got any sense he will be off after the world cup.

Esox Lucius
31-12-2005, 05:12 PM
If he's got any sense he will be off after the world cup.

would you like to see him back at anfield?

Traxx
31-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Id have him back no doubt, im not soft. He is without doubt still one of the best finishers in the game, but we aint paying double or more then what we sold him for so i cant see it happening.

Esox Lucius
31-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Id have him back no doubt, im not soft. He is without doubt still one of the best finishers in the game, but we aint paying double or more then what we sold him for so i cant see it happening.

true, but then he is still only young and would be worth buying him.

stupidest thing you ever done selling him, like united selling beckham & stam.

Miksta
31-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Owen is still class, problem he has at newcastle is no support,whenever i see newcastle play...the midfield are bollox and owen never gets to see the ball.

i think with liverpools current form and players ,Owen could be slotting them in for us...hell even crouch is becoming a regular scorer.

Traxx
31-12-2005, 06:16 PM

true, but then he is still only young and would be worth buying him.

stupidest thing you ever done selling him, like united selling beckham & stam.

True but it wasnt like we had much choice in the matter. One day he's gonna sign a new contract. The next real madrid come calling & he's off with a year to go on his contract. 8 million pound robbery.

french_og
31-12-2005, 06:24 PM
I think at the time he needed a change and become a little stale at Liverpool, at least didn't leave on a free like Mcmanaman did.

He would be scoring a hatfull if he was at Liverpool now.

Traxx
31-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Thats the thing, he would. Ahh well come on beanpole son.... :lol:

jam
02-01-2006, 02:11 AM
Classic im was laughing my tits off when i heard.

maybe we have a chance tomorrow.

im setting off at 9 so ill either be put in hospital or locked up,i cant wait

phantomdj
02-01-2006, 09:10 AM
he is injury prone....

give me crouch over owen ANY DAY.....

CROUCH BRINGS FAR MORE TO THE TEAM.....

can't any of you lot see that?

french_og
02-01-2006, 09:22 AM
I can see your talking sh*te, Owen has scored 36 International goals, he rarely misses when given a chance. Not gonna knock Crouch as he is playing well and does different things for the side but who do you want to put the ball in the back of the net when it counts? Owen.

Owen has also improved his all round game from having the season in Spain, he keeps the ball well and is a lot stronger on the ball than he used to be.

Any Manager in the world would start Owen for England.

phantomdj
02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
you are obviously blind in realising that our run goes hand in hand with what crouch (amongst others) has done for the team.....

people always go on about owen, but damn, how many times in the past did he have a goal drought! owen is not the saviour he is made out to be.... he is an awesome player, yes, but th current liverpool side does not want any interference.....

if you have been watching liverpool games then you will realise crouch sets up and scores a shit load of them and he has a lot of defenders around him giving others space....

we would not be on this run without him....there would only be supply to no avail...

anyway mate, its you that is chatting shite.... especially your tirade against sissoko.... because he is an awesome player too. giving steel in the midfield! fair enough he loses ball once or twice, but the other things he does more than makes up for it by a long way

french_og
02-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Did I say a bad word against Crouch, i think he is a cracking player and I was not ever referring to Liverool with regards to Owen. You said you would prefere Crouch than Owen and made it sound like you never rated Owen.

Liverpools form is of course partly to do with Crouch although the side as a whole is reponsible for their form. Owen has had his time at Liverpool and moved on and I can never see him going back although I think he would score lots of goals playing with Crouch up front if he did.

I watch Liverpool regularly as every one of their game is on TV and your right their team does not need much changing, I don't rate Sissoko and think Liverpool are a better side with Gerrard and Aloso in the middle but apart from that I agreed with most things you said.

jam
02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Wait a sec

Peter Crouch over Michael Owen? hahahahahahahaha

Now i hate the little prick,he plays for Newcastle ffs but you can't deny he is probs the best finisher in the world at the moment.Hes only had 9 starts for Newcastle but has scored 7 goals.

I would agree that he is injury prone like.

Crouch is a good player at times but he's not in the same league as Owen.

phantomdj
02-01-2006, 10:55 AM
jam and french...

my point is that crouch fits better in the liverpool team and does a lot more for us ....

i am not doubting owen's quality...

but the point is crouch is better for us ...

owen might score more in other teams... but for us and the quality strikers we already have.... crouch compliments them all. teams are not sure who to mark.... cisse, crouch, morientes.... if they overmark one, then they leave the others...

now with owen in our team, this problem would not surface because the attacking play would be obvious....

it's like benitez said.... its better to have many players scoring goals than a select few .... at least this way their defenders are unsure of who to mark

the attitude of crouch is second to none. his attitude is far better than owen's ever was. owen would simply cry about being left out and go on about his england chances....

so then, owen is class, but i would much rather have crouch in the current liverpool side that we have (then let cisse and others do the fast pace work that causes other problems)

jam
02-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Well fair do's but if i had to make a choice between the two of them i know who i'd pick every time.

macca
02-01-2006, 12:50 PM
ha ha who gives a **** about owen were playin excellent football without him an we look a better side ;) if u gave me a choice of taking owen back or keeping crouch it would be crouch everytime not because i think hes better striker be 4 any idiot says but because were a better team with him in our side he brings more 2 r game than owen would any body who knows anythin about football would no this :roll: i just hope when rafa buys some players in the next few weeks he dosent tinker with the team 2 much think weve got a nice settled side now an theres no need 2 change anythin yet :razz:

french_og
02-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I think Owen and Crouch would make a good combination. I do like Crouch and Morientes when they play together, both great in the air and at holding the ball up and a right handfull for defenders and Cisse is doing a job and works hard also, there is no need to changes things....

My point about Owen though was for England not Liverpool, the one thing that scares defenders most is pace and with Owen playing off the last man it gives Rooney a lot of space to work in.

I think England are in a good situation with cover in different positions, even Gerrard has shown when he has played on the right he is world class, still prefere him in the middle though.

Esox Lucius
02-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Wait a sec

Peter Crouch over Michael Owen? hahahahahahahaha

Now i hate the little prick,he plays for Newcastle ffs but you can't deny he is probs the best finisher in the world at the moment.Hes only had 9 starts for Newcastle but has scored 7 goals.

I would agree that he is injury prone like.

Crouch is a good player at times but he's not in the same league as Owen.

spot on

278d7e64a374de26f==