PDA

View Full Version : Casual Violence - Aggressive Defensive.

Mindful
31-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Hello ;)

a couple off tracks im trying to finish at the moment.

First one
not quite finished but the foundations are all there,its allmost driving.
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1GNSPAKNGNA6E2J6DARKK5FUBE

Second one a bit loopy at the moment(ok a lot loopy)
but again the foundations are there, just need some cool sounds or a hook perhaps.
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3O9W8OQ57P9ST3FBONQ1TMYF95

Feedback and comments good or bad would be nice or just have a bop about to it.

Mindful
31-12-2005, 10:56 PM
oh and happy new year

dirty_bass
01-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Bastard, first track cut out on me and then both links stopped working.
Bloody yousendit are sheeeiiiiiite.

I wanna listen damn you.

Hehe

dirty_bass
01-01-2006, 07:13 PM
got the first one working.

Yeah baby, your hitting a new standard now guy. You`ve reached the point where you are at a professional standard, and now it`s just a case of slowly getting to a higher and higher professional standard.
This track is great, banging and driving, yet really laid back at the same time. It creates a very epic, big space.
Even in this unfinished stage I love it. Big room, kick ass, brass balls techno (at least it would be if the majority of DJ`s playing this type of music would get away from the boom-tish-boom-tish)

2nd Tune isn`t as driving, but it has a really nice, uncomfortable groove (did that make sense?)
Same feeling here, epic, big spaces, slightly more pensive this time, a little more forboding.
More promise here than a cart load of turkish delight. But obviously needs more elements.

I won`t get too into production tweeks right now, as I`m not in that headspace today.
Get these finished dude, I love em both, techno that makes me excited again, and also inspired.
Your music stands out as individualy creative, which is the key.

Mindful
03-01-2006, 02:40 PM
"More promise here than a cart load of turkish delight"

Hahaha

Thanks for comments mate very encouraging.
you drunk?hehe

Barely Human
03-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Just listening to the first track as i speak -

Ok, sounding nice and aggressive, i think the bass and kick could do with some more definition. Sounds a bit muffled if you get me. Ok, percussion is sounding nice, i would probably widen it up and eq it a bit sharper to get it to stand out a bit more. Im liking the background ambiance youve put in, sounding cool dude. Seams to be lingering about for a while not doing much, id try and make this a bit more varied. Break sounds cool and kicks in nicely, maybe add some rides in to give it more impact? Ah, and its finished rather abruptly :cheese:

Sounding really cool man. One of the best works ive heard off ya. With a bit of EQ, and a few chops and changes here and there, this track could go a long way.

Id ask danny for his opinion on the EQ side mate, he always gets it spot on when i need some help with it.

Good work dude ;)

Mindful
04-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Cheers Al
Ill look in too spreading the perc out a bit and try "sharpening"it up eq wise.
Now you have pointed out the ambience "Seams to be lingering about for a while not doing much"I think your right and I'll do somthing with that.
Also the ride after the break I'll maybe do that or somthing with that effect.
The abrupt end was just cause I am basicly up to the break and just did a bit of a copy paste thing being lazy hehe.

Thanks for the advice;)

As for Danny hes allways busy, maybe I'll try send him this way in a bit if I can catch him.

BloodStar
07-01-2006, 11:57 AM
first track. sounds nice and punchy to me. like all the little edits and changes. works nice with background ambient sounds,. production sounds very good and wide. well done..

second one is also huge sounding with some nice dark atmo in the background. there are some nice variations in the background.. nice.. production sounds good. maybe hats could be little more crunchy at some parts., but maybe its just my personal taste. good.good.

Mindful
10-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks for listening and comments Bloodstar.

Ive done a bit more work on the first so I will post it up later perhaps.

Mindful
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
OK Ive done a little more on the first track.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VWV8AWXQMI4O2R16MRTG2BXW5

Tried to get a bit more edge and width to the percs and got a bit further in to the end of the track.

Still things too do but its getting there.

Would love any sort of feedback.
Thanks ;)

BRADLEE
11-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I like this one homie. I have only listened to this most recent version man, but always love your broken beats homie. All of it fits really well together in my opinion. Proper sound pallette, proper progression and just a flat out dark mood to take you to a differant place. Only in the phones, but all sounds well in them.

Mindful
11-01-2006, 11:07 PM
nice one for listening B

stjohn
14-01-2006, 10:07 AM
checked this out on the headfones too and i like it.... a great atmosphere is created, something that i often leave out. the beats and edits are wikid and everything works bang on the mark

Mindful
14-01-2006, 10:31 PM
thanks.
Will hopfully get this near to finished tonight.
Just gotta sort out one of the edits(I dont like the third one)or maybe thinking of making a new pecussion part to come in after it.
Also I'll maybe try to work a synth or vocal in to the break(and a bit more movment on the eq filters)
Why im telling you lot and not doing it?...**** knows

xfive
17-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Whoop the link to the second one is expired, however the revised first one works.
Has a nice overtone in it, definetly digging the atmos. I think it needs some more elements tho.
Also the kick sounds like it needs to be eq'd with the bass such that there's more low end on the kick and a little less top on the bass, to make the kick deeper and punch harder, through the bass.
Keep it up dude :toast:

Mindful
17-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the advice xfive.
I have been struggling with a way of getting better results with the kick and bass so thank you I will try your suggestions in a bit.
Ive added a few more elements now and will post up the results with hopfully an improoved bottom end soon :)

Mindful
17-01-2006, 08:31 PM
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30LCAI8RK939B0XA2J36ZDM3G6

Allmost finished :)

Ive tried to improve the kick and bass, I think this is the best im getting with this one to be honest. Ah well.

Will maybe get rid of the vocal or turn it down (I just noticed its a bit loud)

Other than that a bit of a tweek with some of the levels and some of my dodgy mastering and i'll call this one a day.

Thanks for the help and feedback(which is still welcome) :)

xfive
17-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Word.. I'll check it at home on the monitors, as checking bass in these tiny headphones is rather pointless :)

278d7e64a374de26f==