PDA

View Full Version : Man U - sinking ship my arse

Esox Lucius
01-01-2006, 01:06 PM
another good performance from united, rooney & ronaldo had a great game. good birthday present for fergie. saha finally scores haha

Esox Lucius
01-01-2006, 01:08 PM
I reckon the arse will be getting a hiding this week

Esox Lucius
01-01-2006, 01:12 PM
they will be even better with vidic in the squad

djfase
01-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah without that prick silvestre.

Altho i think fergie will play him at left back until they get someone

nick_anarchy
01-01-2006, 04:16 PM
remember it was will who posted so much about the sinking ship ... it shows his knowledge on football , plus he would be piss poor in a beting shop

yeh this vidic seems to be a good player , one thay have said is like john terry so if hes half as good im more than happy ..

french_og
01-01-2006, 07:49 PM
That is a good win against Bolton, but really come on, they haven't played a top 6 side since they got beat by Benfica and drew with brum the other night.

it should be good battle for second between Liverpool and Utd, fancy Liverpool myself to clinch 2nd.

Chelsea don't look like dropping any points....

nick_anarchy
01-01-2006, 10:20 PM
well who have liverpool played in the 10 game winning streak bolton , newcastle , everton , middlesbrough , wigan , sunderland , man city , portsmouth ,
villa ,

nick_anarchy
01-01-2006, 10:23 PM
and west ham now how many are the top half ?? do u forget these things u r welcome to slate utd as u now seem to be winning but u need to look at yourself before u try and make out we are still a team sinking

phantomdj
02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
fair play to man utd, they player very well on saturday. rooney was class

nick_anarchy
02-01-2006, 11:27 AM
fair play to man utd, they player very well on saturday. rooney was class

very true he is shineing more without keane , even ronaldo played well but hes a one game wonder so he will be crap V ARSEnal

kai
05-01-2006, 04:16 PM
United aren't a sinking ship, thats just bullshit.

If you actually look at our points record in comparison to the seasons when we won the league, then we are actually in championship winning form. It is only the fact Chelsea's money have distorted things and allowed themto raise the bar so much that is making us look second best - prior to Abramovich changing things this season would be have been a title fight between Utd and Liverpool.

kai
05-01-2006, 04:17 PM
However, we still need tp restructure the midfield with some urgency, as I don't think any of Ronaldo, Fletcher, Park, Miller, Smith etc are really the standard we need in a red shirt!

dj casualty
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
yeah but they have not really won much in recent yrs to be
truthfull
and the champions league form has got worse and worse each season

nick_anarchy
05-01-2006, 07:01 PM
but we have won more than you outright .... u can see utd are goin through a building precess time will tell and you will see us bk top of the pile

dj casualty
05-01-2006, 07:26 PM
yeah your buildin because your standard of football
has been in steady decline in recent yrs
recent results have merely papered over the cracks

kai
05-01-2006, 07:44 PM
But the only reason we haven't been winning things is because this season and the previous two their have been teams that have won the league who have been a different class to anyone else in the league. This is not normally the case in British football, and a any other time this Utd side would be considered a class team and would have won the league at some point.

The point about Europe is true though, and goes to show that the side is not asw good as it was a few years ago, however to call it a sinkihg ship is an exageration, and wishful thinking on the part of our rivals more than anything!!

nick_anarchy
05-01-2006, 07:55 PM
put arsenal fans can only pick at one piint EUROPE fuk all else u dont hold anything on us and never will ... i would say we are in a decline and standard football far from it ... we are that standard we beat YOU ! chelsea , liverpool shall i carry on ?? just not been consistant than other years and over paid playesr have been takin it far to easy nothin else

nick_anarchy
05-01-2006, 07:56 PM
but not put * ( just for you to point out )

phantomdj
05-01-2006, 08:12 PM
you didn't beat us this season nick. you sneaked a draw at anfield remember??

or are you talking of something else?

dj casualty
05-01-2006, 08:40 PM
sorry nick i didn't really understand that comment,but just
about managed to work out what you were saying

lets just get back to basics here

a decade ago man u won trophies season after season
and teams feared them,if they went one season without
it seemed odd
look at them now/last few years

anyway it wasnt me who said all this sinkin ship bollox
i just stated the truth which is there for all too see

nick_anarchy
05-01-2006, 08:50 PM
you didn't beat us this season nick. you sneaked a draw at anfield remember??

or are you talking of something else?

didnt mean this season man , past seasons

kai
06-01-2006, 09:57 AM

it seemed odd

This is true, but as I say it's not so much to do with a decline in the standard of our side but because other teams have (i.e. Arsenal a couple of years ago going unbeaten, and now Chelsea) raised the bar and overtaken us.

We are on course for a points tally this season that would have won the league in almost everyone of the last 15 years.

Esox Lucius
06-01-2006, 10:08 AM

it seemed odd

This is true, but as I say it's not so much to do with a decline in the standard of our side but because other teams have (i.e. Arsenal a couple of years ago going unbeaten, and now Chelsea) raised the bar and overtaken us.

We are on course for a points tally this season that would have won the league in almost everyone of the last 15 years.

true, if it wasn't for chelsea, united would be top of the league.

times change though, there isn't a lot united can do though but hope chelsea slip up.

278d7e64a374de26f==