PDA

View Full Version : ego and bad attitude

rhythmtech
01-01-2006, 01:44 PM
put a house party on last night for some good mates. about 50 of us there. couple of djs & a couple of live sets.
this guy, that i'd never met, arrived with some mates with a laptop and asked could he play. told him sure, no problem. gave him a nice time to play at (2am) which was just after my set.
i finish up @ 2:10 and he hits play on his laptop. NOTHING. no sound at all. he flips out, tells me i sabotaged his laptop and that it would've worked fine if i'd finished when i was supposed to! at this stage i'm like :shock: you come into someones house and start disrespecting someone like that?
anyway, i figured he was just on a bad one so i tried talking to him and looking for a solution for having no sound but he just keeps hurling abuse and saying "this is bullshit - i was doing this for free. next time i'll charge you". in the end i asked one of the lads he arrived with to take him home. then he comes over and throws a fist at me!!!!

WTF are people turning into? i know when i was starting out i probably pissed a few people off with over enthusiasm but i never got aggro and certainly never threw a punch!

anyway my point is - what is this ego thing all about? it was only a small house party!

piginabush
01-01-2006, 02:29 PM
couple of djs & a couple of live sets...... gave him a nice time to play at (2am) which was just after my set.

I see your problem..... It seems you took your house party a little seriously!!! Did you have posters up in your front room with set times on?? :lol:

rhythmtech
01-01-2006, 04:57 PM
yeah... sold tickets and all

rhythmtech
01-01-2006, 04:58 PM
:roll:

dirty_bass
01-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Ego is beast and ego is evil.
But ego knows best, at least he says so.
I am one and I am all.
But sometimes I am nothing at all.
And you know, you know my little insecurities.
Like someday I may fade away.

fils_here
01-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I am one and I am all.

spot on dirty bass :thumbsup:

djshiva
02-01-2006, 05:05 AM
i have a particular rule regarding ego, especially involving well-known djs/artists.

if i meet them, and they are assholes, i never buy their records again.

if they are some nobody with an attitude playing a house party, i do my best to make sure they never play anywhere in the city again.

does that make me mean?

*shrug*

RDR
02-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Not at all.

See my rant on the immersion thread. I say the same shiva.

A little politeness goes a long way.

BTW - rtech, likely he's coked up mate. that aint attitude its beer/drugs talking.

stjohn
02-01-2006, 01:06 PM
thats funny too coz you dont really get alot of that type of thing around Dublin. chances are he was just a wanker!!! and theres no shortage of them!!

The Divide
02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
thats funny too coz you dont really get alot of that type of thing around Dublin. chances are he was just a wanker!!! and theres no shortage of them!!

Thats funny because when I went to Dublin I found the people very welcoming, maybe because didnt understand a word they said but still :lol:

Jay Pace
02-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Don't worry about it mate.
He just sounds like a cock, and couldn't deal with the fact that he ended up looking like a dick when his laptop failed so he tried to blame it on you in an attempt to save face.

We used to hold big parties 150+ in houses we would clear out for the weekend, and on one occassion some angry bint pulled a knife on some girl for no reason, then started throwing cups and glasses about. None of her "friends" would take any responsibility for her, so we bundled her out the house and drove her downstairs, with her screaming all the way.

It was pretty disturbing at the time., just couldn't figure out what her problem was. Put it down to drugs and bad attitude at the end of the day. Never saw her again, no idea what was going on in her head.

Stodgy
02-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Sounds like he's a tosser and you were unlucky he turned up at your party.

MARKEG
02-01-2006, 08:29 PM
i agree. this guy sounds like he was a general asshole anyway - nothing to do with superstardom.

though whilst we're on the subject of it all, it's funny how many dj's you meet along the way who you were told were complete pricks and when you really get down to some good conversation they're actually ok. on the other hand i've seen some right assholes in this industry, especially at hotel room after parties. i've learnt a golden few rules about this:

1) if the room is over 50% blokes, leave. any male dj that attracts more men that women, usually is either gay or an idiot.
2) if 90% of the girls are blonde bimbo types then about turn. you'll get better conversation in an oap home.
3) if 50% or more of the men have top's off - be prepared for some intense gay action at some point during the night ie leave IMMEDIATELY ;)
4) BEWARY of ppl in shades - especially those oversized 70's style ones. a) It's not sunny and b) If you're prepared to look like a twat then you must be one.

Simple rules I know, but I find them particularly effective when your pissed. Simply leave the room, rally together a good group of sound ppl from reception and party back at yours

:dance:

SlavikSvensk
02-01-2006, 08:42 PM
the guy sounds like a real tool...jokes on him in the end...i bet most people there thought he was just as stupid as you did...

piginabush
02-01-2006, 09:26 PM
1) if the room is over 50% blokes, leave. any male dj that attracts more men that women, usually is either gay or an idiot.
2) if 90% of the girls are blonde bimbo types then about turn. you'll get better conversation in an oap home.
3) if 50% or more of the men have top's off - be prepared for some intense gay action at some point during the night ie leave IMMEDIATELY ;)
4) BEWARY of ppl in shades - especially those oversized 70's style ones. a) It's not sunny and b) If you're prepared to look like a twat then you must be one. :dance:

thats quality mark..... I am going to base everything I do from now on these 4 main rules :lol: :lol: :lol:

dan the acid man
02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
4) BEWARY of ppl in shades - especially those oversized 70's style ones. a) It's not sunny and b) If you're prepared to look like a twat then you must be one. :dance:

thats quality mark..... I am going to base everything I do from now on these 4 main rules :lol: :lol: :lol:

i was thinking the same :lol: :lol:

module
02-01-2006, 11:10 PM

i was thinking the same :lol: :lol:

mmmm... how many gay references can ya make in one post lol

sounds like you make a lot of presumptions mark lol

MARKEG
03-01-2006, 12:37 AM
:lol:

yup that's me.. hehehe

ahh ya know i'm only messin :)

The Overfiend
03-01-2006, 01:35 AM
I am one and I am all.

spot on dirty bass :thumbsup:

As Usual
Happy New Year Brother Always Man

djshiva
03-01-2006, 06:31 AM
unless of course, you ARE gay, in which case the party is on.

not trying to mess with you bokes...no...wait...i AM trying to mess with ya...

djshiva
03-01-2006, 06:31 AM
ahem... *blokes...

what i wouldn't do for a bloody edit button on this forum...

Analog-Slut
03-01-2006, 09:52 PM
put a house party on last night for some good mates. about 50 of us there. couple of djs & a couple of live sets.
this guy, that i'd never met, arrived with some mates with a laptop and asked could he play. told him sure, no problem. gave him a nice time to play at (2am) which was just after my set.
i finish up @ 2:10 and he hits play on his laptop. NOTHING. no sound at all. he flips out, tells me i sabotaged his laptop and that it would've worked fine if i'd finished when i was supposed to! at this stage i'm like :shock: you come into someones house and start disrespecting someone like that?
anyway, i figured he was just on a bad one so i tried talking to him and looking for a solution for having no sound but he just keeps hurling abuse and saying "this is bullshit - i was doing this for free. next time i'll charge you". in the end i asked one of the lads he arrived with to take him home. then he comes over and throws a fist at me!!!!

WTF are people turning into? i know when i was starting out i probably pissed a few people off with over enthusiasm but i never got aggro and certainly never threw a punch!

anyway my point is - what is this ego thing all about? it was only a small house party!

I agree, he shud have been gratefull u let him have a go if h was a stranger in your house & your party.
u shud have spat in his face called him a cunt & threw him out hahaha :eyes:

eyeswithoutaface
03-01-2006, 09:56 PM
i personally would of kicked **** out of him, what an ungrateful wanker. I wouldnt let anyone i didnt know in my house anyway, **** that

Analog-Slut
03-01-2006, 10:05 PM
innit :lol:

dirty_bass
03-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I think stripping him naked and gagging him, taping him up to a bonfire in the garden and then dancing around him with kitchen appliances whilst playing perry como records and chanting "meat meat and pumpkin pies, slip your thumbs behind their eyes", probably would have freaked out his coke head little mind so much, he`d never go to another party again.

But then some people do say my mthods are a little gauche.

SlavikSvensk
03-01-2006, 10:12 PM
make him go to one of mark's harcore gay action afterparties?

Analog-Slut
03-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I think stripping him naked and gagging him, taping him up to a bonfire in the garden and then dancing around him with kitchen appliances whilst playing perry como records and chanting "meat meat and pumpkin pies, slip your thumbs behind their eyes", probably would have freaked out his coke head little mind so much, he`d never go to another party again.

hahahaha thats funny

whos Perry como?

anx
03-01-2006, 11:37 PM
ahem... *blokes...

sometimes after reading this forum i talk with an english accent. its quite alright tho i rekon

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Barely Human
03-01-2006, 11:54 PM
The topic title makes it sound like the post is going to be about a badly named hardcore double act :lol:

RDR
04-01-2006, 12:46 PM

hahahaha thats funny

whos Perry como?

Perry Como?

Hardcore as ****!

djshiva
04-01-2006, 03:58 PM
ahem... *blokes...

sometimes after reading this forum i talk with an english accent. its quite alright tho i rekon

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

it does rub off on ya after a bit doesn't it?

but you will see me drop in a fine southern indiana "y'all" every now and again as well... ;)

TechMouse
04-01-2006, 04:13 PM

Is there any chance you could turn your hand to Reality TV show creation?

anx
04-01-2006, 04:38 PM
ahem... *blokes...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

it does rub off on ya after a bit doesn't it?

but you will see me drop in a fine southern indiana "y'all" every now and again as well... ;)

same, only replace y'all with "eh, no doot aboot it"

dirty_bass
04-01-2006, 07:55 PM

I do have an idea for a reality TV show should anyone be interested.
It`s called Orwellian Big Brother.
Basically it`s the same premise as endimols weak program.
Only the water the contestants drink is laced with DMT, BZ and LSD.
At night hidden speakers in the contestants matresses play sub audible, subliminal messgaes telling them various things repeated all night like a hypnotic mantra.
Examples would be.
"John wants to cut your feet off and cook them cos their isn`t enough food in the house. There is a blunt and rust bowie knife hidden in the dirt where the daffodils are in the garden. Cut out his liver and give it to big brother to appease him, and you might live to see the money"

And
"Jane has been telling everyone how ugly she thinks you are, and how much sexier she is herself. She constantly boasts about the size of her breasts. There is a hamper in a secret room behind the mens toilet. In there is some moisturiser with high strength alcaloid in it. Pusuade her to use it to moisterise after a shower and see her skin bubble and dissolve to ruin her good looks. You will be rewarded with 4 bottles of wine"

Etc.

Secret weapons could be hidden all over the house, and by the end they should all be raving cannibals eating their way into being the winning contestant.

Car crash TV taken to it`s extreme, but more brutally honest than the current crap.

Erm, I have to go take my thorazine now.

anx
04-01-2006, 08:04 PM
thats way better than my idea of putting heroin junkies in a big brother type situation, and making them do everyday big brother stuff, only make the prize, heroin. it would be fun for the whole family.

rhythmtech
04-01-2006, 08:22 PM

At night hidden speakers in the contestants matresses play sub audible, subliminal messgaes telling them various things repeated all night like a hypnotic mantra.
Examples would be.
"John wants to cut your feet off and cook them cos their isn`t enough food in the house. There is a blunt and rust bowie knife hidden in the dirt where the daffodils are in the garden. Cut out his liver and give it to big brother to appease him, and you might live to see the money"

And
"Jane has been telling everyone how ugly she thinks you are, and how much sexier she is herself. She constantly boasts about the size of her breasts. There is a hamper in a secret room behind the mens toilet. In there is some moisturiser with high strength alcaloid in it. Pusuade her to use it to moisterise after a shower and see her skin bubble and dissolve to ruin her good looks. You will be rewarded with 4 bottles of wine"

Etc.

Secret weapons could be hidden all over the house, and by the end they should all be raving cannibals eating their way into being the winning contestant.

Car crash TV taken to it`s extreme, but more brutally honest than the current crap.

:shock:
yeah steve... that gig is off... in fact dont ever come within 50 miles of me :shock:

:ninja: i'll be keepin an eye out for you

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dirty_bass
04-01-2006, 10:04 PM

Examples would be.

And

Etc.

:shock:
yeah steve... that gig is off... in fact dont ever come within 50 miles of me :shock:

:ninja: i'll be keepin an eye out for you

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I`ll be keeping your eyes out.

rhythmtech
04-01-2006, 10:28 PM
in a jar?

Jay Pace
04-01-2006, 10:39 PM
"Battle Royale" meets "The Cube" set in an essex wine bar, and starring 12 people we found at a bus stop.

dirty_bass
04-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Till they dry a little so I can wack em in my cheeks for an impromptu marlon brando impression.
http://www.superchefblog.com/images/marlonbrando_godfather.png

The Divide
05-01-2006, 12:38 AM
The godfather of gurn :toast:

The Overfiend
05-01-2006, 04:53 AM
http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10104000/10104005.jpg

I maintain my position.

278d7e64a374de26f==