View Full Version : Flux and Retroverts presents.... SPLIT

eyes without a face
10-08-2003, 10:12 PM
new night in london from Ben and Chris

"SPLIT"
DATE 29th August 2003
TIMES 10pm-6am
VENUE SE1, 41-43 Thomas St, London, SE1 3QX
LINE UP ROOM 1 - CLAUDE YOUNG, OLIVER HO (live&DJ), MEMORY FOUNDATION (live) plus residents BEN SIMS & CHRIS FINKE
ROOM 2 - A GUY CALLED GERALD, MARK BROOM, PAUL MAC, TONY ANDERSON, BRIAN WILLIAMS

il b making the long trip to London from Liverpool for this one i think

BritishMurderBoy
10-08-2003, 10:17 PM
scott were u down in brum for the jam on the 9th?

i thought both sims and finke were amazing.. really captured the night for me.. i have never seen sims before behind the decks, but the technical ability of that man is pheonomanal... can't make it down for split due to reading festival but im sure it will be a good night..

Esox Lucius
10-08-2003, 10:20 PM

"SPLIT"
DATE 29th August 2003
TIMES 10pm-6am
LINE UP ROOM 1 - CLAUDE YOUNG, OLIVER HO (live&DJ), MEMORY FOUNDATION (live) plus residents BEN SIMS & CHRIS FINKE
ROOM 2 - A GUY CALLED GERALD, MARK BROOM, PAUL MAC, TONY ANDERSON, BRIAN WILLIAMS

I might got to this too, are you defo going scott, who else is going?

Esox Lucius
10-08-2003, 10:21 PM
scott were u down in brum for the jam on the 9th?

i thought both sims and finke were amazing.. really captured the night for me.. i have never seen sims before behind the decks, but the technical ability of that man is pheonomanal... can't make it down for split due to reading festival but im sure it will be a good night..

good to see you enjoyed sims Dan

you can probably understand why he is my favourite dj, hey? :)

eyes without a face
10-08-2003, 11:08 PM
yeah im deffo going, Chris rang me today and invited me down. It is far to go, but i think that will b a heck of a party, the main room lineup is wikid.

no mate i didnt go the jam last nite, i really wasnt up for it and i wasnt looking forward to the venue either. Ade said it was an average nite, altho Chris seemed to enjoy himself.

ampassasinbirmingham
10-08-2003, 11:26 PM
one thing stuckin my mind last night. Ive never liked an Aj resident before. but finke blew my mind away. the flor was nearly empty when he came on, by the middle of his set it was full, by the end he was pumping it out. Quality tune selection, quality mixing.

eyes without a face
10-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Chris is a wikid dj, he was very pleased to get offered the residency, i remember on the night he was anxious as to wether he was going to get offered it because there were rumours going around that he was the new resident. Both he and Ade are wikid residents for Atomic Jam.

BritishMurderBoy
11-08-2003, 01:26 AM
avergae my arse.. it was one of the best jams ive ever been too although it didnt really toprushanberkovi at the que...

as for the venue, well if you ask me it turned out really well, granted if it had been raining or the middle of winter it wouldnt have been ideal but it was warm throughout the night so you could dance under the tent or relax outside if you pleased...

mark, how was the inuksuk afterparty?? we turned up but to be honest i was knackered and not all of us were up for it.. looked like an interesting venue to say the least :wink:

Adverse
11-08-2003, 05:21 AM

"SPLIT"
DATE 29th August 2003
TIMES 10pm-6am

good lord. ****.

eyes without a face
11-08-2003, 04:46 PM
adverse, cant understand if u like or dislike that lineup?

Adverse
11-08-2003, 10:24 PM
these comment i usually leave are out of dissapointment that i cannot see these events my being in canada and all

for christ sake glenn is playing for 5 quid at some oorpi even and now this.

Esox Lucius
12-08-2003, 08:24 AM
these comment i usually leave are out of dissapointment that i cannot see these events my being in canada and all

for christ sake glenn is playing for 5 quid at some oorpi even and now this.

adverse, you should try and make it over in December for the blackout party.

Adverse
12-08-2003, 11:36 AM
yeah mate. i can't :( it doesn't look likely cause i'm moving to spain in 9 months and i need to save all the cash i can.

here's hoping anyways.

Adverse
12-08-2003, 11:41 AM
paul mac and ben sims alone is worth it for me.

T
12-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Previous retroverts have been good, they did a few free parties with similar line ups. Good nights, reckon i'll check this out.

Esox Lucius
12-08-2003, 03:11 PM

defo!

ben is the mutts nuts, and i have wanted to see paul for a long time.

herman
12-08-2003, 03:34 PM
paul's not going to be playing his usually style at this one it's going to be a bit more of a mash up type thing with some old stuff/acid/electro/house/broken beat blah blah , the 2nd room always throws up some interesting surprise's anyway. oh yeah mr ho's set should be something special as well apprently going to be showcasing some new material a bit more like the tougher older style blueprint gear can't wait :wink:

Adverse
12-08-2003, 05:49 PM
paul's not going to be playing his usually style at this one it's going to be a bit more of a mash up type thing with some old stuff/acid/electro/house/broken beat blah blah , the 2nd room always throws up some interesting surprise's anyway. oh yeah mr ho's set should be something special as well apprently going to be showcasing some new material a bit more like the tougher older style blueprint gear can't wait :wink:

lol

herman
12-08-2003, 06:21 PM

lol

aah the good old third person style post eh? can't beat it :wink:

Adverse
12-08-2003, 06:33 PM
most definitely :) wish i could see you tear it down mate. i'm sure i'll make it over when i'm in spain though. this party looks good. a party like this here would be 50 dollars easily.

herman
12-08-2003, 06:45 PM
mate im in spain more than the uk now anyway so im sure you'll get a chance to suffer it at some time. :wink:

Esox Lucius
12-08-2003, 06:47 PM
herman who are you?

Esox Lucius
12-08-2003, 06:48 PM
aaah it's just clicked, the name herman gives it away.

Adverse
12-08-2003, 06:57 PM
mate im in spain more than the uk now anyway so im sure you'll get a chance to suffer it at some time. :wink:

this is good :)

saaam
16-08-2003, 01:20 AM
The retrovert boat party (sims, beyer, barbara, smith) was a right laff, tho the sound system was cacker than cack (and mr b got well borin towards the end of his set). This party should be an absolute stormer tho, am amassing various weekend warriors for it. And it's at me favourite venue (at least when it was the drome).

And is it me, or do a disproportionate number of really fit ladies go to 'proper' techno parties? Whilst the blokes are all chubby, shaven and 30+?

Hmmmmm . . . :wink:

saaam

spiralx
16-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Alright geezer :)

Yeah will probably be along to this... it's just after payday so I should be flush for at least that week lol :D

T
21-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Anyone know how much money to get in etc???

saaam
21-08-2003, 01:46 PM
£8 adv, £10 otd.

Heard some nasty stories bout the security here tho, so be careful with ya stash peeps!

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52242

saaam

JACKSTAR
23-08-2003, 04:00 PM
I might even get my ass down there.

paranoid666
24-08-2003, 08:24 PM
I'm gannin'

split
25-08-2003, 08:56 PM
re.security issue. we've taken this on board already and spoken to the venue management. security teams are hired by the venue not employed..so they can easily be changed.
this will not be a problem.

hope to see you there.
split.

herman
26-08-2003, 05:00 PM

defo!

ben is the mutts nuts, and i have wanted to see paul for a long time.

oops sorry downwards but due to some unforseen things paul is no longer playing at this party , he should be making an appearence at future events though :wink:

Adverse
26-08-2003, 07:15 PM
lol. tell paul i say hi.

Adverse
26-08-2003, 07:15 PM
*edit* damn double post.

Patrick
28-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Just seen this post on another forum :

unfortunately paul mac will not be appearing on friday but he will be replaced by brightons very own [morph] who regularly spins around the south and is more than capable of rocking the floor.

Go [Morph] !

Really hope I can make it up to this one, but getting to london on a friday night after work is such a chore. Top line up though.

T
01-09-2003, 10:42 AM
went to this and had a good night. Ben sims stood out for me. Heard him few times out before but tonight was a quality set, best i've heard from him. I enjoyed myself and good music all round.

278d7e64a374de26f==