PDA

View Full Version : fruity 6 problems

tracatak
02-01-2006, 08:43 PM
im having trouble getting my playlist to quantize(that the term?)

...instead of the loops of 4 to play in the same time pattern (i guess thats the best way to describe) they are being very sensitive to where i click the mouse...is teh SNAP drop down menu the answer?

also

in SONG mode everything just keeps playing when it goes back to the beginning of the song ... SO FOR EXAMPLE

1-8 is HATS
9-16 is SNARES
17-24 is KICK DRUMS

THEN WHEN IT GOES BACK TO 1

the kicks are still going

any help would be great..ty

HAPPY NEW YEAR AS WELL :eyes:

Barely Human
02-01-2006, 11:49 PM
I dont quite understand your second problem, but for the first one -

Either use the snap dropdown menu in the main transport area, or use the snap button on the top left of the playlist.

tracatak
04-01-2006, 11:45 PM
ty IQ...U ALWAYS HELP MAN...VERY WELL APPRICIATED (DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT..LOL)..let me go give this a try

I THINK I FIXED THE 2ND PROBLEM ALSO...it was a loop issue...i forget now..i think i had to unclick loop regions or soemthing...if it comes up again...ill try to explain better..

tracatak
05-01-2006, 12:40 AM
ok so i tried it and what do u think is the best way i should go about it....because i already have 2 mins of a song/track already layed out in the playlist...should i SELECT ALL then click on SNAP in the upper left of playlist and click what...BEAT / etc.....in case u need to know i have 4 kick loops ,etc like this

k--- k--- k--- k--- (the default i guess u can say)....and when i listen in song mode...u can hear the hi hats are off cuz of the way i placed them i guess.. im hopin they will lock into place liek in fruity 4 ..

Barely Human
05-01-2006, 07:24 AM
Set the play list snap function to "Cell", then highlight all the blocks and in the main playlist options, (the button futhest left at the top left of the playlist), and go "tools" and hit "quick quantise",(or for the shortcut, alt+q)

tracatak
05-01-2006, 11:15 PM
totally works... thanks again....now back to the drawing board...

278d7e64a374de26f==