PDA

View Full Version : help with putting a mix i've done onto BOA

Aratron
02-01-2006, 08:58 PM
please could anyone help me out.
i have done a few mixes but i haven't got a clue how to put them online. can anyone give any pointers on how to do this.
also :blush: , most of mixes i have recorded onto my PC are ****ed, basically because i don't know what im doing.
i did have a program called audio magic, which i recorded a lot of mixes on, ( but know i've lost the disks after rebooting , flattening my PC etc ), but everytime i was mixing , the pc would go on to the screensaver, and make some crap windows noise , which recorded onto the mix. i have even tried turning the volume down on the pc but it still makes the noise.
well if anyone knows what im talking about and can advise it'd be app'cted.

Aratron
03-01-2006, 09:08 PM
thanks to you know who ;) , for you know what.
any suggestions about websites that will let me download mixes/host em etc, i see people use that usend website , how's that work . .

hello . . . is anybody out there?

k hole . . im standing in a k hole

Barely Human
03-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Ive not used these new file host site, but there has been a few posted recently. I think one of the best is www.yousendit.com

You just upload and it will give you a link to the file...

Of cause, this is nowhere near as good as owning your own webspace ;)

Aratron
04-01-2006, 10:29 PM
i do have my own webpage with blueyonder , but i have no idea how to go about accessing it

Barely Human
05-01-2006, 07:28 AM
You will have to contact blue yonder and find out a few things -

How much space you have.

Does it have FTP access.

If so, the server address, your username, and password.

And you will also need to know the url of your space.

If it does have FTP access, then you can log into it using just a file browser in windows, but its a lot better to use an FTP client such as Cute FTP, or my personal favorite Flash FXP.

TechMouse
05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
but everytime i was mixing , the pc would go on to the screensaver, and make some crap windows noise

Turn the screensaver off when you're recording mixes?

Aratron
05-01-2006, 08:35 PM
but everytime i was mixing , the pc would go on to the screensaver, and make some crap windows noise

i know this might sound dumb, but how do you do that ??
where is the option to do that?

TechMouse
06-01-2006, 01:31 PM

i know this might sound dumb, but how do you do that ??
where is the option to do that?

Right click anywhere on your desktop.

Properties.

Screen Saver tab.

Select "(none)" in the dropdown.

Alternatively, set 2 or 3 hours in the "Wait" box.

Aratron
06-01-2006, 11:59 PM
so i have created an account with usend , when it says stage one , recepient email address, what email address do you put ?

jimmy west
08-04-2006, 01:11 PM
im the same feffin confused surely it cant be that hard im with ntl ive tried smart ftp just confused me and the one ntl recommends terrapin youve gotta pay for all i wanna do is upload some mixes

278d7e64a374de26f==