PDA

View Full Version : House Of God 13th Birthday - 27th Jan 2006 - BMB, Bjorn Svin

Sir Real
02-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Yup that's right, House of God is 13 years old (unlucky for some, but not for us) and we're wronger than ever. 27th January at The Sanctuary, Digbeth, Birmingham is the time and the place. British Murder Boys, Bjorn Svin (Live), Paul Damage, Sir Real, Harvey Lane, PCM, Nicky B, and more more more...
10pm - 6am, £10 on the door
Will be messy...

MARKEG
03-01-2006, 04:26 AM
spot on! hope it goes well.

8bitapocalypse
16-01-2006, 09:25 PM
in a couple of weeks! yes, yes, yes!! ;)

Francisco Scaramanga
17-01-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm definately there, I've been gagging for a good night to go to in brum for MONTHS (same as everyone else). But I was wondering who Boris Svin is, I've never heard of him before. Anyone have any info?

Stretch
17-01-2006, 12:37 PM
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Bj%F8rn+Svin

He's got a record out soon on Iron Oxide. Feb 1st I think it's out, but Discogs have got it up already so maybe it's already out. I dunno!

Sir Real
17-01-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm definately there, I've been gagging for a good night to go to in brum for MONTHS (same as everyone else). But I was wondering who Boris Svin is, I've never heard of him before. Anyone have any info?
He's done some rocking releases on labels like EC records, April records etc., check www.discogs.com for more info.

Fordy
22-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Well looking forward to this. Unbelievably gonna be my first time at a HOG night though.

doc12inch
23-01-2006, 01:12 PM
me and my band of merry men will be coming down to this - tis gona kick ass

Sir Real
24-01-2006, 11:47 PM
anyone else coming along for some HOG -style brain damage?

ds2
25-01-2006, 09:28 AM
anyone else coming along for some HOG -style brain damage?

yeah me!

doc12inch
25-01-2006, 01:41 PM
is there any dnb on

Stretch
25-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Course there is! Pace, Buzzy, PCM & and the X will be providing the D&B.

doc12inch
25-01-2006, 09:09 PM
cool ill pass the word to me d'n'b buds

ampassasinbirmingham
26-01-2006, 12:07 PM
ill be there

ampassasinbirmingham
26-01-2006, 12:07 PM
darkside u gonna be there???

slimboy
30-01-2006, 01:42 PM
A quality night!

Not sure what happened to Regis though, pretty sure Surgeon played on his tod.

Fordy
30-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Aye, quality night had. Yeah I noticed Regis didnt seem to be there, and stretch said something about Bjorn Svin having laptop problems, but all sets were on form, nice progression throughout the night, with Paul Damage ripping the place apart at the end, top stuff.

Sanc's soundsystem was sounding better aswell, I love the sh*t hole.

Katie
30-01-2006, 06:13 PM
You must have been smashed! the soundsystem was ****ing up all night! on the right hand side of the room anyway! would have been a good night if the sanctuarys soundsystem wasn't so shite!

nihilist
30-01-2006, 06:53 PM
totally agree katie, the tops went on the right hand side which sounded S***

i think regis was ill,

ampassasinbirmingham
30-01-2006, 06:59 PM
regis was ill. i thought the soundsystem was abselutly poo. no top end anywhere near the back or right side. sounded like reverb hell.

tonys set was nice tho. loads of classic HOG tunes.

Fordy
30-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Haha fair enough, that says alot about my state then :-D

Stretch
31-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I had a good night. Loads of classics got played as ampassasin said. Seawolf anyone? :-)
Got loads of good photo's, didn't I Fordy!! :cheese:

Shame about Bjorn. It was his MPC that blew up I think.

Did they say anything at the finish about another party any time soon?

ampassasinbirmingham
01-02-2006, 01:23 AM
ahh sea wolf. i just got there as that was playing. quality:):)

Sir Real
02-02-2006, 09:50 AM
ahh sea wolf. i just got there as that was playing. quality:):)
hehe that was mine :-) Interesting comments from people, we did suffer from some very nasty technical gremlins, here's my tuppence worth...

(a) Yes, Regis was ill, but thought Tony stepped up to the mark admirably - as you would expect.

(b) Bjorn's MPC blew it's internal fuse about 5 minutes before he was due to go on (meaning I had to play for about 45 minutes longer than planned) - unfortunately no way to fix it without taking the whole machine apart, and fuse would have been impossible to find a replacement for anyway. Very frustrating for all concerned, he had flown over from Denmark especially for the event :-(

(c) Sound system was working fine (and, to my ears, sounding great) until about 3 hours from the end when the left hand side started cutting out. This is a problem we have had at the Sanctuary before, and it's annoying that they hadn't fixed it. Of course we knew nothing about this before it started happening, and then there was nothing we could do about it. Complaints about there being no top-end at the back of the room etc seem a little picky, although granted there should have been more PA onstage.

(d) Regardless of any of this I thought it was a great night, good to see a decent turnout, now all we need to do is find a venue where we can go back to doing it regularly (Sanctuary, Custard Factory and Subway are unfortunately not options for various reasons...). Any suggestions?

nihilist
02-02-2006, 01:03 PM
all valid points! totally agree

i thought it was a good night, great turn out and thought you all coped well with the gremlins.as for venues im stumped weve been having problems ourselves in this area and have no solution.

Stretch
02-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I can't think of anywhere that would be suitable for anything other than one off's. The Boiler rooms and Barfly are a bit on the small side I think. Is Radius still going? Never been there so dunno if that would be any good. :scratch:

Walked past the Que club earlier. Still has a For Sale sign on the side. Maybe when I win the Euromillions Friday........... :eyes:

nihilist
03-02-2006, 09:09 AM
radius is still open but only one room, no good for hog

but if anybody has a contact number for radius im be greatfull for it

ampassasinbirmingham
03-02-2006, 05:30 PM
i really wanna go to another hog. i love the birthdays. classic after classic, brilliant. you kinda dont wanna go the bog incase u missed something.

nihilist
04-02-2006, 03:12 PM
does anybody know the date of the next hog

mr burns
04-02-2006, 03:39 PM
air??????

Sir Real
05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
does anybody know the date of the next hog
nothing planned at the moment I'm afraid, but I'll be badgering Chris to get one sorted asap...

Sir Real
05-02-2006, 12:21 PM
air??????
we have thought about that place, I'm sure Chris had either spoken to the owners unsuccessfully, or there was some reason why it wouldn't be suitable, but can't for the life of me remember what it was...I've never been myself, what's it like (layout, soundsystem, security, bar prices etc)?

mr burns
05-02-2006, 02:28 PM
only been once years ago so i cant really say to much, but the layout is awesome over 3 floors, 3 big rooms and a wicked sound system, dont really know about bar prices ect, i think they want people in there though the promotions manager phoned me a little while ago asking if we would consider doing nights there, so theres probably room for negotiation in the fee!! goodluck

mr burns
05-02-2006, 02:29 PM
oh and the security always seem friendly whenever im stood outside flyering!!

nihilist
05-02-2006, 02:44 PM
at the jeff mills gig there a year ago or so the sound system was good,bar prices about the same as every where else and a big secure car park

Stretch
05-02-2006, 07:11 PM
I like the new layout in there with the three rooms, all good sizes and the sound system is the best i've heard. Although i've always come away from there with the worst case of tinnitus you could imagine.
Car parks a bonus. Patrolled by security. Drinks prices were £4 a bottle when I saw Carl Cox there and there was nothing on tap! :wtf: But I think that was before the re-fit.
I could imagine you might get a few more punters in from the regular nights there but whether you'd want a crowd of neon fluro ket monkeys in is a different matter!

Fordy
06-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Air is a decent venue, ive been plenty, not for awhile though due to the absolute cack they put on a weekly basis but the venue is very decent, quality soundsystem. I can imagine it being expensive though. Be really good to see a quality techno night on there though for sure.

Traxx
06-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Airs a beast of a venue, systems spot on. Mills & surgeon in there took the piddle.

DDJ
14-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Not sure whether it can be arranged but if HOG was at the academy i think it would pull in a crowd and may convert some of the indie heads and rock kids as well..hopefully.

278d7e64a374de26f==