PDA

View Full Version : mental block

rhythmtech
04-01-2006, 09:11 PM
i've only half finished my last 3/4 tracks... i seem to get to a point where i have all the parts ready but i dont wanna arrange in a typical way (think i'm a little bored of it). wanna try something new and weird (besides s&m!)

anyone got any ideas on how to inspire yourself and get the flow back?

tekara
04-01-2006, 10:22 PM
some people recommend taking a break from the whole music production for a day or two. I personally dont even bother listening to electronic music for up to a whole week if i feel i am stuck on something and want to return back. Sometimes you just have to walk away from it for a little while and the inspiration will come by itself. I think its so true what Oliver Ho said, that people who make the best dance music usually dont even listen to dance music at all....

Metadog
05-01-2006, 05:47 PM
it's like you've got the hardest bit done mate! it's plain sailing once you've got a load of sounds and grooves that work together! (IMHO!)

have you tried working with a mate to get a different perspective?

personally i don't find this sorta thing a prob, i just crack on with it till it's done, so i find it hard to give many constructive tips

wot arrangement method do you use? i find it best to get 8 bar loops together, then mute them all out, and copy them 32 or more times - then i'll unmute parts till i find the best combinations and progressions :cheese:

rhythmtech
05-01-2006, 09:52 PM
was just feeling a little s h i t yesterday... nearly finished the track and its turning into one of my faves!!! will post soon. thanks for the advice anyway.

278d7e64a374de26f==