PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Jam anyone?

Francisco Scaramanga
11-08-2003, 10:47 AM
Just wondering if anyone went to the Jam on saturday, and if so what they thought.

I was a big fan of the venue, especially with the weather being what it was. Not quite the que club, and it wasn't exactly full, but with the heat in mind I think that was actually a good thing, overall I thought it went really well at the Custard Factory. Its a shame you cant do events there all year round really.

The only real dissapointment for me was Ben Sims, I was really expecting something quite good from him. Admittedly his technical skill was totally top notch, there arent many who can beat him in that, but I thought his set lacked any kind of direction. I dunno, maybe it was just me, but it seemed like he was just up there putting on records, and most of them were fairly average tribal loopy sort of stuff. The last couple of times I saw him he totally blew me away, so I was hoping for the same again, but I guess I can't expect perfection every time.

I had never seen Chris Finke before though, and I thought he was totally ace. The pleasant surprise of the night for me, he played an amazing mix of tunes and really got the night going. I'll be looking forward to more of his sets at future Jams. And Ade Fenton was wonderfully offensive at the end again, as always.

Esox Lucius
11-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Finke is the man, pity I wasn't there on Saturday.

ampassasinbirmingham
11-08-2003, 12:15 PM
i totally agree with scaramanga. i thought sims technical ability was astonashing but im not a massive fan of his music, but i still had a good time during his set. Mulero---Ace-----This was the man of the night for me. got the crowd right going with an excellent tune selection. death before surrender into red 2:):) to say the least.

The unsung hero of the night had to have been chris finke. The floor wasnt full at all at the begining of his set, by the middle of it everyone was on da floor. t the end of his set, he got everyone going for it.

Fenton- Better than usual.

278d7e64a374de26f==