PDA

View Full Version : Losing my favorite record of 2005

dtl
05-01-2006, 02:42 AM
I cant believe my copy of Locked by Chris Mccormack has disappeared from the sleeve after a NYE house party. I had it mentioned on here couple of weeks ago, went on to write a comment on Discogs, then decided to have another listen.... AND OUCH!!!

It ****ing hurts.

I have just checked about 20 different online stores and they are all out.....

Gutted.... :eh:

djshiva
05-01-2006, 07:49 AM
lock the box. that's my modus operandi...

sorry to hear about that tho...

people who nick records should be shot.

victor
05-01-2006, 10:37 AM
that's nasty, i hate it when that happens and its happened a few times to me.

wasn't chris selling copies on his website?

or you could try www.discogs.com and look in the discogs shop which will soon be bigger than both ebay or gemm for rare dance music. if it's not for sale there then add it to your wants list and check your "items from my wants list for sale" page every few days. i think the discogs people are on to something very big there.

eyeswithoutaface
05-01-2006, 10:41 AM
i shouldnt think it would be too hard to track down? never good though, records getting stolen at gigs is the worst, bloody Lakota!

dtl
05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
thanks guys, I have nailed down a copy at basementtrax. I totally agree about Discogs, but it has some faults regarding to payment, like you can claim the deal has fall through but it actually hasnt, to aciod paying the fee. It needs to tighten up a lot of security and also to add a feedback system for it to really take off.

anx
05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
i've had so many records go missing over the years, the thing is, i have no idea how they went missing, or when they went missing. sometimes i just remember a record i havnt played in a while, go looking for it, and find out thats why i havnt played it...cause its gone. damn i hate that.

dtl
05-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Its such a shame records are round and just roll away.

278d7e64a374de26f==