PDA

View Full Version : utd sign vidic

nick_anarchy
05-01-2006, 04:38 PM
New Boy Nemanja Trains With United

http://www.soccerole.com/fotos/jugadores/peque/vidic.jpg

New Arrival: Nemanja Vidic
• Born: 21 Oct 1981, Uzice, Yugoslavia
• Signed: 5 Jan 2006 (fr. Spartak Moscow)
• Transfer Fee: £ undisclosed
• Other Former Clubs: Red Star Belgrade
• Debut: To Be Confirmed
• International: Serbia & Montenegro

Nemanja Vidic has kicked his first ball as a United player following the completion of his transfer from Spartak Moscow.

The club's new number 15 trained with his fellow Reds for the first time today, having obtained his work permit on Wednesday. He'd previously passed a medical and agreed personal terms.

In a statement, the club said today:

"Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Spartak Moscow for the purchase of 24 year-old Serbia & Montenegro international defender Nemanja Vidic for an undisclosed fee.

"The player has signed a four-and-a-half year contract which will see him at the club until June 2010."

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I'm delighted we have come to an agreement. Nemanja is a quick, aggressive centre-half and at 24 will be a terrific addition to the squad."

ManUtd.com broke the news on Christmas Day that United had agreed a fee with Spartak.

The website's photographers will attend Vidic's second training session tomorrow and you'll be able to see images online from Friday afternoon.

nick_anarchy
05-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Patrice Evra deal will be done by the end of next week ...

kai
06-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Good to hear that mate - you know out about Evra mate? I hear he's a midfielder but thats all I know of him.

nick_anarchy
06-01-2006, 12:06 PM
left back , £5 mill and a very good player will do for cover

kai
06-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Hmm, interesting signing - not sure a left-back and a centre-back would have been my priority though. Defence may not be perfect, but I tend to think the main problem there is its getting over exposed for the lack of a genuinely class midfielder (except for Scholes, but he's offform and better deployed going foward anyway).

Michael Carrick would do very nicely!

kai
06-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Hmm, interesting signing - not sure a left-back and a centre-back would have been my priority though. Defence may not be perfect, but I tend to think the main problem there is its getting over exposed for the lack of a genuinely class midfielder (except for Scholes, but he's offform and better deployed going foward anyway).

Michael Carrick would do very nicely, or Thomas Gravesen.

Numeric
06-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Hope these pair turn out to be good signings, i'm not gonna pretend i know anything about either player, but have a read a few bits and both sound like they could be a success at Old Trafford...

Agree that the mid-field is more of a concern and that is where i'd be lookin to strengthen...

french_og
06-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Vidic was part of the Serbian & monte defence that only conceded 1 goal in the WC Qualifiers. Think he will be perfect to play along side Rio.

nick_anarchy
07-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Vidic was part of the Serbian & monte defence that only conceded 1 goal in the WC Qualifiers. Think he will be perfect to play along side Rio.

also when he played against utd , he had rooney in his pocket both are good players

Traxx
07-01-2006, 04:06 PM
I hope there another pair of fergusun turkeys.

278d7e64a374de26f==