PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - Broke from beneath you - Dark Experiment

dirty_bass
06-01-2006, 08:40 PM
An experiment with multiple polyrhythms and timings.
Much oddness. http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Broke%20from%20beneath%20you.mp3

BRADLEE
06-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Ehh, my connection sucks ass so I didnt get the whole thing, but it sounds pretty cool what I got of it. My download cut off a little after 5mb. So I got about 4 minutes of the track.

Seems like typical Voidloss if you ask me. I don't think it's all that wierd.

And call me un-educated, but what the hell is a poly rhythm???

Evil G
06-01-2006, 10:07 PM
i really like this.

next time i need to test someone's mental stability i'm going to dose them up, lock them in a dark box, and play them this. if they don't enjoy the experience, they can't be my friend.

rhythmtech
06-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Ehh, my connection sucks ass so I didnt get the whole thing, but it sounds pretty cool what I got of it. My download cut off a little after 5mb. So I got about 4 minutes of the track.

Seems like typical Voidloss if you ask me. I don't think it's all that wierd.

And call me un-educated, but what the hell is a poly rhythm???

polyrhythms are basically multiple rhythms in differant timings which cross each other every so often. they can be very nice.

for a simple example think orbital "when time becomes a loop" (the vocal version on the brown album - imagine the two vocal samples are a rhythm and there you have polyrhythm.

rhythmtech
06-01-2006, 10:17 PM
another fine track to add to my "getting stoned to voidless cd". good stuff as usual steve. one for the brain rather than the feet.

how about a new dirtbass dancefloor tune now?

BRADLEE
06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
polyrhythms are basically multiple rhythms in differant timings which cross each other every so often. they can be very nice.

for a simple example think orbital "when time becomes a loop" (the vocal version on the brown album - imagine the two vocal samples are a rhythm and there you have polyrhythm.

Thank you sir for the musik education. I now understand about poly rhythms. Yeah and it's cool stuff Steve. I like most of the voidloss stuff you've done. Although I still don't think it's all that odd.

dirty_bass
06-01-2006, 10:34 PM

Thank you sir for the musik education. I now understand about poly rhythms. Yeah and it's cool stuff Steve. I like most of the voidloss stuff you've done. Although I still don't think it's all that odd.

Try mixing with it or counting it in to any other techno track.
In fact, try just tapping your foot to it.

dirty_bass
06-01-2006, 10:38 PM
how about a new dirtbass dancefloor tune now?

Well, I`m stupid busy with various projects at the mo, so what little time I have for Dirty Bass music, is spent working on my new live PA for the gig in Czech this month.

Out of that PA some dancefloor stuff may come for DirtyBass Records.

rhythmtech
06-01-2006, 10:55 PM
cool

Mindful
06-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Need to have a few more listens tonight but off the listen ive just had this is super cool.
Realy liking the disjionted percussion and vibes and this little bell like synth is doing it on the right vibe completly.
realy liking this little bit where it keeps reversing the beat,
Its all about the groove and those atmospheres in this for me.
this is prob the best thing of yours ive heard thats about the groove rather that the song based angle.
love it
Would play that no probs.

holotropik
06-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Very clever work Mr. DB.

BloodStar
07-01-2006, 05:07 PM
like this track. very emotive and atmospheric. all the groove sounds totally broken,.with some nice variations. cool, also like the hats.just maybe something little stronger in the bottom would be maybe nice. just my taste. good work,.

stjohn
08-01-2006, 02:44 AM
nice1. very atmospheric

stjohn
08-01-2006, 07:35 PM
my girlfriend was trying to do some aerobic-walker workout stuff to techno and i put on that tune ......she nearly fell off the bleedin yoke!!! :cheese:

dirty_bass
08-01-2006, 11:59 PM
my girlfriend was trying to do some aerobic-walker workout stuff to techno and i put on that tune ......she nearly fell off the bleedin yoke!!! :cheese:

haha, yeah, I wouldn`t say it`s conducive to any rythmic exercise, unless you had a 3rd leg.
Poor girl.

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 12:26 AM
she has a third leg? are you sure shes your "girl"friend rory?

xfive
09-01-2006, 03:55 AM
Loving this one mate, it rattles you right to the end :smoke:
Great rhythms and creepy atmos give it a sense of peril

Mindful
10-01-2006, 12:20 PM
listend to this quite alot now.

The production is realy fukking good bro.
love the first synth that comes in , makes me feel a bit queezy.
Also the hats that come in after the very first break(the one that last about 3 seconds)is wicked, realy nice stereo spread to it.

278d7e64a374de26f==