PDA

View Full Version : Time for something different again...

Barely Human
07-01-2006, 12:27 AM
**** knows what to class this as??

Still working on it -

http://www.thefaction.co.uk/audio/clubfactionresidents/iq/tracks/IQ%20-%205.8_15.mp3

Mindful
07-01-2006, 12:55 AM
This is as boss as it gets man.
Only in phones till later so.....
But musicly and style wise im loving this to bits.
intro is dope and the kickin is doing it good style.got me bopping around like a mad man.
the breaks showing off you hardcore roots.
this is sick,sick,sick.
The atmos is on piont and that dark synth when it comes in realy picks it up proper style.
With the couple of tracks ive heard tonight on here i dont feel so lonley vibe wise tonight hehe

Spot on, just make sure it can be mixed out of

Mindful
07-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Cause im a looser and would get confused trying to mix out of it

BloodStar
07-01-2006, 11:26 AM
very interesting.. love the atmo sounds and all the vocals. perfectly fit there. also kick sounds nice tumphing on my boxes. production is nice, just maybe hats are little too loud against kick at some parts. really enjoying this track.

holotropik
07-01-2006, 01:03 PM
I like it muchly :)
I would say it is dark and deep....def not for the faint-hearted. There is some emotional angsty meaning in it that makes a statement, so it aint just noise or tunage.

The break-beat element to it gives it a different spin too. Has a tick-tock feel like breaks and DnB.

The bottom end is not quite right. It seems a bit muffled and restrained. The kick is good but the sub-freqs waffle a bit, not sure why?? maybe the centre frequency is not in key with something else?? A conflict causing some issue for clarity and power.

Thats the only thing I can find wrong with this track - everything else is cool. Nice tune mang!!

stjohn
08-01-2006, 02:49 AM
everyones going crazy on the time signatures are they???????????????
rockin tune tho!!! beefy! still lovin your stuff man!

stjohn
08-01-2006, 02:51 AM
geez man.... serious synths at the end!! :paranoid:

xfive
09-01-2006, 04:13 AM
Very nice man, I'm liking it a lot so far. Let's have the final!
Sound wise I think it just needs a tad more bass tho, or tighter bass..

BRADLEE
10-01-2006, 12:23 AM
I like it Q. Sounds really cool if you ask me. I would very much like to hear the finished product. And really man, I like the synths at the end too. Perfect for some late night maddness.

Barely Human
10-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Im going to take into cosideration the points raised and im gonna have a bas at finishing it tonight.

I'll post up my results,

Q

dan the acid man
14-01-2006, 01:47 AM
yeah this is great, just needs a little work in the eq department, maybe a warmer bottom end, and some of the mids sorting out a little, but nice track, good samples and pads, love the rhythmn of this too

quack
17-01-2006, 04:51 AM
I love deep hard stuff, nice beat trickery and atmosphere in the mix.

Komplex
28-01-2006, 02:15 AM
this is good, real good.

maybe finnish off with some more atmospherics...

278d7e64a374de26f==