PDA

View Full Version : anyone go to i love techno

z0ki
12-11-2002, 12:10 AM
i got a phone call from friends there...

they were happy to be locked in room with vath playing..

anyreviews..

-z

Leon
12-11-2002, 12:17 AM
I was there, it was excellent!!!

Tomaz, marco carola and Stanny Fransen were the stars for me!!

On the strange side though, i'vew never seen so many un-wasted people in my life!

Leon ...

z0ki
12-11-2002, 12:35 AM
leon..i see that as a major plus...i wish i went..

in my experiences...clubbing abroad has less "crackheads" then clubbing in nyc...

-z

Leon
12-11-2002, 12:48 AM
It was totally different fdrom clubbing in the Uk, The organisation was first class, a lot of the big promoters should take a leaf from their book, also the mentality of the people was excellent, even when an arena was full there is no "lets push like @#%$ to get down the front" mentality. all the way through the arenas people were giving each other space to move which made it infinitely more enjoyable.

The only event this year that i've been to that nearly compares was the godskitchen global gathering which we attended just to stay in the atomic jam arena all night for the likes of ade fenton, slam etc.

Compared to over here there seemed also to be a biogger cross-section of different types of people too as compared to the uk. One tghing i thought that may be down to is the fact that when you heard the radio over there it was all english/american music which probnably means that they identify more with dance than pop music....Maybe we need to start playing belgian pop over here to educate people to how good techno is lol!!!

Leon ...

DJPAUZE
14-11-2002, 02:17 AM
I didnt go, dont have too much loot to do world travelling to events like that. But i think it would have been a great experience to see such a large crowd going bonkers to techno.

On a different note i don't like stanny franssen at all as a dj, he needs to stick to production. He played here went to see him twice, he was doing some retarded tricks like he was a superstar makebelieve varela.

Corolla gets a medal in my books for one of the best djs on three turntables, great dj.

Peace

Pauze

daviec
14-11-2002, 08:16 PM
I Love Techno was absolutley superb, from start to finish. Got to agree with Leon about Stanney Fransen. He played a wicked set. Some really tough beats at times. Excellent.

Marco Carolla was amazing again. Seen him at the arches once before and he didn't dissappoint.

Looks like we'll need to start saving cash for the summer event they're holding. It would only need to be half as good as that and I'd pay double!!

JACKSTAR
10-12-2002, 10:39 AM
This was my 1st time at ILT and as Justin Berkovi was playing he asked if I wanted to go with him so I couldn't turn that one down. I was really impressed with the organisational skills throughout the whole weekend. We had full-on support from drivers taking us two and from the venue and even though I thought they might of let a few too many people into the venue I still think it was a success. The sound quality was secong to none. I hung out backstage when Rush was playing and the atmosphere was electric although I did feel sorry for some of the people in the front who had no way of getting out so I kindly through a few bottles of water into the crowd (which went down well). Hopefully Kne'Deep will have it's own room next year and then i'll be playing !!!!!!! we'll see.

P.

www.paullangley.net

www.jackstar-recordings.com

278d7e64a374de26f==