PDA

View Full Version : [techno] Rhythm Technologies - Bass face

rhythmtech
08-01-2006, 01:59 PM
something a little differant. Normally try to write "songs" this time tried to write a dj tool kinda thing. Kept everything fairly simple. all comments appreciated especially on the kick which i wanted as big as possible (has 5 kicks layered).

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=713712&T=9835

Technobitch
08-01-2006, 04:06 PM
nice little tune this bazza! harder than usual :cheese:

dirty_bass
11-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Wahey, finally got this to work, had to use Internet Explorer.

Lovely kick on this. A nice solid high bass slap.
Yeah, nice groove.
I`d say the most obvious problem is that the top end, and the kick are in perfect balance, but the mid percussion range lacks definition and punch and also sounds a little dry.
The synth stab is a little dry, and could maybe do with just a little wash of delay or reverb, and maybe some more valve type saturation as it sounds a little too plastic and digital.
I`d maybe get a bit more size into the bass for added pump.
As a simple DJ tool this works very effectively, I`d just say that it needs a touch more warmth and a few corrections and it`ll do the job when thrown into the mix.

rhythmtech
11-01-2006, 02:28 AM
cheers big ears.

BloodStar
11-01-2006, 12:25 PM
quite like this track. kick and hats are working nicely together. and that stab synth is quite nice,. drums are weak and hard to spot them as some of kicks are little muffled. this sounds little uncomplete to me, but cuold be very good if you will add more sounds, edits, and do some final touches on Eq.. i also think you could go little wider in the breaks.

dan the acid man
14-01-2006, 01:51 AM
nice track, a bit loopy for me, but thats what you was aiming for.

i'd maybe add a bit more groove somewhere, that synth and the percusssion can sound a little stiff at times.

like a few people have already mentioned, the mids need sorting out, nice kick though

stjohn
14-01-2006, 09:46 AM
one of my favs so far barry... i agree with DB about the stab, it could do with a bit reverb.it defintaly a bit more up my alley. the bassdrum is firece too!

278d7e64a374de26f==