PDA

View Full Version : Repressed Techno

module
09-01-2006, 02:17 PM
mark of genius or lazy unimaginative money grabbers ?

i dont buy so much vinyl these days.. quite frankly, ive heard it all before lol and every time i see a bunch of repressed old techno hit the stores, it makes me even LESS likely to buy ANY vinyl.. anyways, with a copy of Reason 3 & Live 5 why buy ANOTHER Liebing or Speedy J 12 when you can make your own ?

but, i digress.. repressed vinyl.. personally, i think its a sign of apathy & money grabbing. but thats just me... ;)

D I S C U S S

Lujo
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
i dont buy so much vinyl these days

What are you playing then,old records????

with a copy of Reason 3 & Live 5 why buy ANOTHER Liebing or Speedy J 12 when you can make your own ?

Yeah but your not Liebing or Speedy!!!!!
Think about people who live of producing and DJ-ing?????
What point of Dj-ing if you don't give a shit about the oders people work and the coulture of techno?????
Emagine that everybody thinks like you( I wont buy records no more ill make my own Evolution or Kreck) would there be techno scene???

Jay Pace
09-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm happy to see labels pursuing digital routes, rather than just repressing.
Whack it up on MP3. Sell it for all eternity, with no storage, distribution or production costs.

Fed up with Vinyl in general. Try and stick to MP3s and CDs these days.

marginmaster
09-01-2006, 04:17 PM
i love it when a classic i want is repressed but hate it when a classic i have is repressed :cheese:

echodek
09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
i love it when a classic i want is repressed but hate it when a classic i have is repressed :cheese:

Couldn't have said it better!

I download a lot of music, re-edit other people's music in ableton, and even make ham-fisted attempts at making music myself... But I don't half love the wax!! I could never make the switch totally...

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 04:48 PM
repressing makes classics available to people who never had a chance to get them first time round. eg: stayupforever - i was lucky to be around when the original rabbits name was released but who are we to block somebody new to techno buying it at a price thats not daylight robbery.
And so what if labels are money grabbing - they aint charities and from what i hear its hard enough to make money on vinyl anyway these days.
if you've got a big seller and its outta print then repress it, sell a couple of thousand more copies and generate some more income so that the label can keep releasing new stuff aswell.

music is for all of us, not just the elite that happened to buy a copy of whatever for two farthings.
and as for this whole "e-bay" rip off thing!!! jeez that fcuking annoys me. if you buy a record as a financial investment you really dont deserve to be buying it in the first place.

rant over.

davethedrummer
09-01-2006, 04:59 PM
mark of genius or lazy unimaginative money grabbers ?

i dont buy so much vinyl these days.. quite frankly, ive heard it all before lol and every time i see a bunch of repressed old techno hit the stores, it makes me even LESS likely to buy ANY vinyl.. anyways, with a copy of Reason 3 & Live 5 why buy ANOTHER Liebing or Speedy J 12 when you can make your own ?

but, i digress.. repressed vinyl.. personally, i think its a sign of apathy & money grabbing. but thats just me... ;)

D I S C U S S

well i f we all had to live by your rules
there would be no techno at all....ever.
in fact underground labels would never have even got off the ground.
what is it with you man? i mean do you begrudge the postman for making a living? or is it just musicians you've got it in for?

and whats all this about you/anyone making records as good as speedy j or chris leibing, just cos you have a copy of reason?

oh yeah mate it's that simple.....no really go on ......you do it
oh yeah and why don't you rewind your life ten years so you can do it before they did??

there was a time machine for sale on ebay
try that maybe.

jesus!

i know your comments were intended as a bit of fun , but i'm sorry it got me a bit offended here.

;)

module
09-01-2006, 04:59 PM
i dont buy so much vinyl these days

What are you playing then,old records????

with a copy of Reason 3 & Live 5 why buy ANOTHER Liebing or Speedy J 12 when you can make your own ?

Yeah but your not Liebing or Speedy!!!!!
Think about people who live of producing and DJ-ing?????
What point of Dj-ing if you don't give a shit about the oders people work and the coulture of techno?????
Emagine that everybody thinks like you( I wont buy records no more ill make my own Evolution or Kreck) would there be techno scene???

i'm sorry... maybe the sentence construction is throwing me, but this sounds like absolute gibberish.

thats total nonsense. i dont even know where to begin to explain to you what a totally idiotic staement that is...

no offence ;)

module
09-01-2006, 05:09 PM
i'm not talking about the buying of a repress...

i'm talking about lazy labels jus repressing hits...

you ppl need to lighten up.. especially mrdrummer there. i dont begrudge/hate anyone. i'm a very laid back person. maybe you run a label that has recently repressed & you feel i'm having a go at you. if so.. ok. right to reply & all that innit.

look, ten years ago, it had to be vinyl. there was no cdj, or laptop. now there is. and as such, ppl arent forced to buy up one format. and its very easy to right your own trax & play them out of a laptop. couldnt do that ten years ago.

i dont what you ppl been up to,but you need to relax & take this for what it is.. a brief thought on a forum, not a presonal attack on 'the scene' which, quite frankly, can go suk eggz.

as for Liebing & Speedy J... yep. i like my tracks better at the moment. and thats what i'll be playing out :)

Metalisms is good n all... but really.. how many Speedy J trax does a man need... when ya have most of his work from 95 onwards, ya kinda want to hear summat else ya know ;)

but yeah.. it s jus a thread... loosen up guys :D

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 05:18 PM
"repressed vinyl.. personally, i think its a sign of apathy & money grabbing"

i think a lot of producers/label-owners on here might find that comment a little offensive. davethedrummer is one of those label owners and, although i'm not speaking for him, i can see why he wouldn't like it.

if somebody told me i was doing my job with apathy i'd probably have 1 or 2 questions for them.

if you meant it light heartdly then you should look at how you're phrasing your words. its very easy on a forum to come across the wrong way.

dirty_bass
09-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Erm, if you think you can make stuff as phat and full and solid as Speedy J and Liebing with Reason, I would dearly love you to put your money where your mouth is and demonstrate your profound skill.
I`m pretty sure (unless you are genuinely talented, we shall see) that Punter will prefer some liebing and Speedy J bangin out the speakers, than a future of amateur stuff made by loads of DJ`s who think they know better on Reason (what a god aweful piece of software).

As for represses, yeah, whatever, don`t buy em if you don`t want em.
Supply and demand.

Jay Pace
09-01-2006, 05:29 PM
I think repressing is just a sign of realising that there are more people out there who want to buy the record than originally anticipated.

Jus' good business sense - supply and demand and all that.

I think everyone should be forced to release their entire back catalogue on MP3. At gunpoint, if necessary.

dirty_bass
09-01-2006, 05:36 PM
As a side point, although I do kinda agree about the state of the techno scene and releases these days, I have no real problem with vinyl. However, what I do see is peoples apathy due to the fact that every release sounds the same. That`s because there are loads of people with a few bucks who think they can do it, they then go ahead and copy the sound of producer X (on reason maybe), and then release a record.
The distributers put it out, cos it`s playing safe (and distributers rarely take a risk), and so we have an army of techno clones all putting out the same old crap.
The problem isn`t vinyl, it`s what is getting put onto it, the scene has almost turned into a kind of fanboy thing.
A bit like fanboy literature for films, where people release their own, self penned scripts of say "lord of the rings 4, opps they found another ring", thinking they can better tolken or whatever.
I mean, the scene shouldn`t be elitist, but also, due to the nature of the music, people in it should want to be doing something different rather than just playing safe and cloning their heroes or the latest trend.
Leave that shite for the pop charts.

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 05:40 PM
As a side point, although I do kinda agree about the state of the techno scene and releases these days, I have no real problem with vinyl. However, what I do see is peoples apathy due to the fact that every release sounds the same. That`s because there are loads of people with a few bucks who think they can do it, they then go ahead and copy the sound of producer X (on reason maybe), and then release a record.
The distributers put it out, cos it`s playing safe (and distributers rarely take a risk), and so we have an army of techno clones all putting out the same old crap.
The problem isn`t vinyl, it`s what is getting put onto it, the scene has almost turned into a kind of fanboy thing.
A bit like fanboy literature for films, where people release their own, self penned scripts of say "lord of the rings 4, opps they found another ring", thinking they can better tolken or whatever.
I mean, the scene shouldn`t be elitist, but also, due to the nature of the music, people in it should want to be doing something different rather than just playing safe and cloning their heroes or the latest trend.

true, but its very hard to do that all the time - especially when you spend your days listening to your fave artist. kind of a viscious circle really!!

funny thing is db - you commented on one of my tracks saying i had my own sound but i'll hold my hands up and admit that i actually set out on a perticular style of techno for the track... the mind boggles!!!

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 05:42 PM
funny thing is db - you commented on one of my tracks saying i had my own sound but i'll hold my hands up and admit that i actually set out on a perticular style of techno for the track... the mind boggles!!!

damn... if i cant even copy well.. whats the point :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jay Pace
09-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Can see you point, but I blame vinyl.

Profit margins with vinyl are too high - you need to guarantee a certain amount of sales to make it profitable, or even worthwile. When you need to sell 1000 copies the safest option is to go with the one you know, rather than take a gamble with the one you don't. This stops new talent from getting out, and inadvertently supports band wagon blues and cloning.

£7 for one vinyl record is obscene when you can buy the track digitally for 99p.

conflict
09-01-2006, 05:51 PM

Profit margins with vinyl are too high - you need to guarantee a certain amount of sales to make it profitable, or even worthwile. When you need to sell 1000 copies the safest option is to go with the one you know, rather than take a gamble with the one you don't. This stops new talent from getting out, and inadvertently supports band wagon blues and cloning.

£7 for one vinyl record is obscene when you can buy the track digitally for 99p.

7 quid is a lot of money to pay for vinyl.

i still buy all my tunes on vinyl though, yet to go digital, may do in the future but cant see myself at the mo

i see myself as a collector of vinyl aswell as playing the vinyl

have never sold a record to this day

MITA
09-01-2006, 06:23 PM
me think it's ok.

it's normal and good if u have missed some earlyer releases,or classics

module
09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
me think it's ok.

thanks mita... reasonable answer without the lecture ;)

and to db... my point with Reason (or Ableton or Live or Cubase...) is that i can then make a track i want.. Speedy J & Liebing where an example.. i'm sure i could replace those names with the right 2 and you would agree..

for the record too, any of my own work has went down a storm when its been played out.. and yes.. some of it is as phat dirty ;)

but again, thats off topic. and whats your beef with Reason lol that really amuses me... its one tenth of the tools i have at my disposal..

opinions man.. its about opinions. and as much as it may kill you, you have to accept other ppl have different opinions. jus cos yuo say an app is terrible, does not Gospel make.

with all due respect :cheese:

dirty_bass
09-01-2006, 06:45 PM

damn... if i cant even copy well.. whats the point :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well quite often inspiration can lead to originality, you may well have copied something in the making of that tune, but it ended up sounding pretty individual.
I mean, it`s pretty hard to sound totally original, as everyhting, they say, has been done.
But there is a huge difference between influence, and imitation.

eyeswithoutaface
09-01-2006, 07:03 PM
pete mate i have to say i think your just out to antagonise people under a new guise here, and what a bizarre thing to get uppity about. Extremely infact. What is wrong with repressing? and judging by the average amount of moolah involved in a release at the moment, its hardly money grabbing, there's barely **** all money in techno as you should know mate, alot of conflicting differences in your posts because your coming at with the sense that your quite niave about techno and how it works. If its a massive track getting repressed then chances are everyone will have it anyway, and those who dont, great, they have an opportunity to own it, and like someone said, if your not buying it anyway, then what is the problem? bizarre mate, even for you ;)

dan the acid man
09-01-2006, 07:05 PM

never a truer word spoken.

also, im amazed how many people say they don't buy records anymore because they don't dj or whatever. surely if you're a a music fan, and an artist releases records you like, you'd still buy them.
that's what i do, i only dj for fun, but i still buy every record i like.

so getting back to your original question, yes, if something is repressed that i never got a chance to own before, then yes, i'll go and buy it

dirty_bass
09-01-2006, 07:10 PM

now what is it with that anyway?

The manufacturing cost of vinyl has remained fairly stable.
The price distributers pay the labels has remained fairly stable.
The dealer price from distributer to outlet has remained fairly stable.
So why are tunes selling in the shops for 7-8 quid?
If it`s overheads for shops, then why is the price from online stores not much different?

Just for the record, the average price a label gets for each tune sold is about 2 quid from the distributer per tune.
After manufacturing and promo mail outs etc, I think the artist ends up with on average about 80p profit per record sold, maybe less.
£8 ---> 80p
Go figure.

It seems like the undergournd is the closer to the mainstream music world than we would like to admit.
The artist sits at the bottom of the pile.

dirty_bass
09-01-2006, 07:15 PM

never a truer word spoken.

also, im amazed how many people say they don't buy records anymore because they don't dj or whatever. surely if you're a a music fan, and an artist releases records you like, you'd still buy them.
that's what i do, i only dj for fun, but i still buy every record i like.

so getting back to your original question, yes, if something is repressed that i never got a chance to own before, then yes, i'll go and buy it

Man, I rarely even DJ for fun.
I just buy and play stuff I like.

Lujo
09-01-2006, 07:20 PM

thats total nonsense. i dont even know where to begin to explain to you what a totally idiotic staement that is...

no offence

I didn't make my self clear!!!!
I didn't mean nothing bad.
I just want to say that I think it is very important to keep the scene allive by buing records.

dan the acid man
09-01-2006, 07:21 PM
well, years ago, before i even got my decks, i bought vinyl, i just had to nick my mums old aiwa turntable to listen to them all :lol:

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 07:26 PM
we were so poor my mom used tohave to SING london acid city to me while she rocked me asleep.. you shoulda heard the poor old dear bleeping and squaking. bless.

dirty_bass
09-01-2006, 07:48 PM
we were so poor my mom used tohave to SING london acid city to me while she rocked me asleep.. you shoulda heard the poor old dear bleeping and squaking. bless.

hehehe
we were so poor, we lived in a shoebox, and my mum had to sell her voice, so we had to get the cat to screech out london acid city.

dan the acid man
09-01-2006, 07:48 PM

haha :lol: :lol:

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 07:50 PM

hehehe
we were so poor, we lived in a shoebox, and my mum had to sell her voice, so we had to get the cat to screech out london acid city.

that was no cat... mommy mommy come home, the bad man wont hurt you anymore :paranoid:

RDR
09-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Repressings of tunes i cant get hold of anymore is cool.

Cant be arsed with the rest of the conversation. :dance:

dirty_bass
09-01-2006, 08:12 PM

now what is it with that anyway?

If it`s overheads for shops, then why is the price from online stores not much different?

Just for the record, the average price a label gets for each tune sold is about 2 quid from the distributer per tune.
After manufacturing and promo mail outs etc, I think the artist ends up with on average about 80p profit per record sold, maybe less.
£8 ---> 80p
Go figure.

It seems like the undergournd is the closer to the mainstream music world than we would like to admit.

I just want to reiterate this point, as a lot of people may not realise the basic rundown of a record.

davethedrummer
09-01-2006, 08:24 PM
me think it's ok.

thanks mita... reasonable answer without the lecture ;)

and to db... my point with Reason (or Ableton or Live or Cubase...) is that i can then make a track i want.. Speedy J & Liebing where an example.. i'm sure i could replace those names with the right 2 and you would agree..

for the record too, any of my own work has went down a storm when its been played out.. and yes.. some of it is as phat dirty ;)

but again, thats off topic. and whats your beef with Reason lol that really amuses me... its one tenth of the tools i have at my disposal..

opinions man.. its about opinions. and as much as it may kill you, you have to accept other ppl have different opinions. jus cos yuo say an app is terrible, does not Gospel make.

with all due respect :cheese:

mate i really can't get on with your attitude at all
you are just trying to antagonise by moving the goalposts each time
and telling people to chill out once they get passionate.

anyway
for the record
represses........cant live with 'em
can't live without 'em

i got seawolf about 5 years after it was first released
do i have a problem with that ???

no.

not at all

dirty_bass
09-01-2006, 08:48 PM
totally.
I`ve had stuff that has been played to death, and scratched and the grooves are all worn down, and it`s been repressed.
What a godsend.

eyeswithoutaface
09-01-2006, 08:55 PM
yeah, if anything this has actually made me realise how much i love a good repress, i dont give a toss if the record i have is an original still in its clingfilm and card wrapping or a repress in bright shiny new hot pink neon colouring with braille for blind people

no offence to any blind people reading this

module
09-01-2006, 10:00 PM
again, your kinda missing my point.

k.. i dont dig the whole repressing thing when its done in bulk. the way it has been with Bush.

but that doesnt mean i'm trying to wind ppl. its jus an opinion. everyones entitled.

and drummer, its great that your passionate but why you so convinced i'm trying to annoy you ? your emotional, but when i get some up its bitterness lol i dont get that at all.

i jus put up a thread of a thought ive had more & more over the past few years.

AND, when i started this djing lark, 50% of the work was finding the good records.

again, jus my opinion, so dont get upset if it differs.

lunatrick
09-01-2006, 10:15 PM
no one moans about re-releasing films on dvd do they? I just picked up 'good fella's' and the 'day of the dead' on dvd, both of which I've seen before...are you seriously suggesting that i should re-condition a 16mm film projector just to watch these?.....be serious you knob..

I didn't catch 'when I rock' by schumacher the first time around..bloody glad I did on the repress tho. good art is good art.full stop. I got a copy of squat rock (and the remix by dtd is the absolute bollocks, ok enough blatant homage already!) on the re-release - bona fide absobollockinglutely classic mate. Personally I don't really dig leibing or speedy j that much, but hey I've played records by both of them on times, but to suggest you just push reason and it's the same is total shite......just look at the amount of lame records about.........

personally I think i've you've made a piece of art and you own the rights to it (god help if you don't!) then should make it available forever

module
09-01-2006, 10:28 PM
no one moans about re-releasing films on dvd do they? I just picked up 'good fella's' and the 'day of the dead' on dvd, both of which I've seen before...are you seriously suggesting that i should re-condition a 16mm film projector just to watch these?.....be serious you knob..

I didn't catch 'when I rock' by schumacher the first time around..bloody glad I did on the repress tho. good art is good art.full stop. I got a copy of squat rock (and the remix by dtd is the absolute bollocks, ok enough blatant homage already!) on the re-release - bona fide absobollockinglutely classic mate. Personally I don't really dig leibing or speedy j that much, but hey I've played records by both of them on times, but to suggest you just push reason and it's the same is total shite......just look at the amount of lame records about.........

personally I think i've you've made a piece of art and you own the rights to it (god help if you don't!) then should make it available forever

jesus luntric.. i didnt say it was BETTER than Speedy J.. i jus mentioned it in reference to makin your own tunes..

and no, i'm not saying anything films.. your 'knob' comment doesnt really hep either side of the argument either, but i'll put it down to stress lol

i have my opinion, you have yours. i think to an extent, it is lazy for a label to re-release old music as opposed to releasing new music. thats it. thats MY opinion. you dont have to agree, and quite frankly it makes no difference at the end of the day does it ? no.

so dispense with the name callin eh ;) you'll end up lookin like a knob lol

davethedrummer
09-01-2006, 10:34 PM
again, your kinda missing my point.

k.. i dont dig the whole repressing thing when its done in bulk. the way it has been with Bush.

but that doesnt mean i'm trying to wind ppl. its jus an opinion. everyones entitled.

and drummer, its great that your passionate but why you so convinced i'm trying to annoy you ? your emotional, but when i get some up its bitterness lol i dont get that at all.

i jus put up a thread of a thought ive had more & more over the past few years.

AND, when i started this djing lark, 50% of the work was finding the good records.

again, jus my opinion, so dont get upset if it differs.

and there we go again.
look i'm not convinced that you are trying to get at ME
i just can't understand your point
surely you must realise that record companies and distribution companies are dying everywhere.
you must know by now that the once flourishing world of techno is now seriously under threat of extinction.

you must know this?
and if you do not , then you do now.
and that is why there are so many represses around
record companies desperately trying to stay in the game
some peoples lives depend on record sales and they are feeling very threatened right now so they are trying to sell some back catalogue which includes their classic releases.

i'm not saying it's right or wrong
but as a punter you just buy what you want innit?
no point in going into hmv and saying

" oh for god's sake! look at all these represses! it's disgusting!"

i mean who cares?

i'm sure you'd rather buy a new track rather than an old one
me too

but all this
" record companies are just lazy/greedy " etc thing is going a bit far
i mean come on mate

do you really have that insecurity thing where you think everyone is stinking rich?

hope not

anyway its your opinion and you are entitled to it
daft as it may seem to me.

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 10:38 PM
stinking rich?

that made me laugh all the way to my bently...

lunatrick
09-01-2006, 10:46 PM

luntric please spell my name right please......ok sorry for the knob thing.

module
09-01-2006, 10:47 PM
no i dont presume ppl are raking it in.

look,i know all about the decline of techno. i have my own story. as do hundreds & thousands of active djs & producers. be they bedroom or international.

and i dont know every fine workin of a label, but i know that soem ppl have all but given up makin money off the wax, and jus take the dj fees as their income.

i'm not bitter about the cash. i would jud 'prefer' to see new material as opposed to repress's & remixes.

look, i dont have a problem here.. most of the neagtive has been at me, and all i done was voice an opinion. ppl flew off the handle about Reason & Speedy j.

jus cos i would rather see new & as opposed to recycled tunes, dont mean i'm gonna boycott or hunt down labels or artists.

when i go into our local record store, its pretty much repress central. cos they cant shift anyhting new... and theres 101 reasons why vinyl has declined.. MP3, Live, cdj's... blah blah blah.

i jus thought as a topic it might bring some interesting replys... as well as the usual dose of 'lighten up' and 'your being a knob' style musings lol

which it did :D

lunatrick
09-01-2006, 10:47 PM
but......god we all hate mondays don't we

module
09-01-2006, 10:49 PM
fair does L U N A T R I C K

;)

but you see what i'm saying at all ? is it a little demoralising to see repress's & labels pushed into a position where its maths over art ? money wise ?

module
09-01-2006, 10:52 PM
fair does L U N A T R I C K

;)

but you see what i'm saying at all ? is it a little demoralising to see repress's & labels pushed into a position where its maths over art ? money wise ?

ahmm... thats not right... SOME are pushed into the position where as others jus rip the ass out of it.

how many remixes for DK8 was there ? same with Rush's 'Right On Up'

davethedrummer
09-01-2006, 10:56 PM

look,i know all about the decline of techno. i have my own story. as do hundreds & thousands of active djs & producers. be they bedroom or international.

and i dont know every fine workin of a label, but i know that soem ppl have all but given up makin money off the wax, and jus take the dj fees as their income.

i'm not bitter about the cash. i would jud 'prefer' to see new material as opposed to repress's & remixes.

look, i dont have a problem here.. most of the neagtive has been at me, and all i done was voice an opinion. ppl flew off the handle about Reason & Speedy j.

jus cos i would rather see new & as opposed to recycled tunes, dont mean i'm gonna boycott or hunt down labels or artists.

when i go into our local record store, its pretty much repress central. cos they cant shift anyhting new... and theres 101 reasons why vinyl has declined.. MP3, Live, cdj's... blah blah blah.

i jus thought as a topic it might bring some interesting replys... as well as the usual dose of 'lighten up' and 'your being a knob' style musings lol

did you tie roller skates on those goal posts??

'cos they've moved again

we're not gonna get anywhere here are we?

oh well, bed time

SlavikSvensk
09-01-2006, 10:57 PM
well, this thread is a BIG disappointment...i thought it would be about "repressed techno," not "re-pressed techno..."

:bonk:

lunatrick
09-01-2006, 10:59 PM
yes but they own that art....they created it. to me it makes sense to kepp repressing it(provided somebody wants it) basically forever....I know I would.

lunatrick
09-01-2006, 11:01 PM
basically forever

new name for the collective henry? ok bit drunk........

module
09-01-2006, 11:45 PM

did you tie roller skates on those goal posts??

'cos they've moved again

we're not gonna get anywhere here are we?

oh well, bed time

what are u on about goalposts for ???

we HAVE to be talking at cross purposes here...

Jay Pace
09-01-2006, 11:50 PM
http://www.bigdawgblog.com/files/cross-porpoises.jpg

(runs for cover)

rhythmtech
09-01-2006, 11:53 PM
now THATS funny!

dirty_bass
10-01-2006, 01:11 AM
True, but their really was very little porpoise to it now was there.

djshiva
10-01-2006, 05:09 AM
if rob hood's "minimal nation" had never been repressed, the lousy bastard that stole the original from me would have won.

djshiva
10-01-2006, 07:23 AM
does anyone else find it funny that this forum topic can also be read "rePRESSed techno"? as in, techno that is keeping it's true feelings down deep inside?

maybe it's just me...

victor
10-01-2006, 07:59 AM

£8 ---> 80p
Go figure.

you're talking domestic releases for £7/8 ? can't say i've ever come across a record shop charging £8 for a uk release. if they are then **** 'em, there's still plenty of stores charging £5 or £5.50 for uk 12's.

how much do these places charge for imports then? :shock:

davethedrummer
10-01-2006, 09:09 AM
what are u on about goalposts for ???

we HAVE to be talking at cross purposes here...

no not really.
what i meant was that your just slightly changing your point each time you come on here .

but you'll never agree .....in fact we'll never agree it seems..
personally i think the way you are expressing yourself here makes you look really ignorant and foolish

but hey

thats just my opinion right?

Si the Sigh
10-01-2006, 10:07 AM
This threads on a loop innit?!

barry_fyasko
10-01-2006, 10:20 AM
lazy unimaginative money grabbers ?
repressed vinyl.. personally, i think its a sign of apathy & money grabbing

no i dont presume ppl are raking it in
i'm not bitter about the cash

:eh:

Si the Sigh
10-01-2006, 10:26 AM
I'll put the kettle on...

RDR
10-01-2006, 11:25 AM

You slimy troll! :eyes:

:lol:

I did think it was about techno being repressed, and im thinking... those bloody chinese, at it again - my bruvvaz from ovva muvvas in da land of da rampant dragonz r pushin der hateful opinionz onto my technology lovin bruvvas der...

but apparently not.

Hey... here's a thought, music is evolution... things change, for better or worse.. if ya'll dont like it get the **** off the planet.

dan the acid man
10-01-2006, 11:26 AM

it goes nice with your hair....................................erm :oops:

TechMouse
10-01-2006, 11:51 AM
http://www.bigdawgblog.com/files/cross-porpoises.jpg

(runs for cover)

True, but their really was very little porpoise to it now was there.

Oh no! Not aquatic puns again!

Come on, there's a time and a plaice.

dan the acid man
10-01-2006, 12:38 PM
i'm fishing around this topic for something worthwhile, but i cant quite put my fish finger on it :oops:

Si the Sigh
10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Talking of fish fingers, I'd like to point out that mine has an image of the Lord, Jesus Christ on it...

http://xo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/jesusfish_2.jpg

Safe!

TechMouse
10-01-2006, 12:44 PM
That's not Jesus... that's George Best!

He's come back to save us all, in processed cod form.

Jay Pace
10-01-2006, 12:51 PM
http://www.blacktable.com/images/0412pics/jesus/butterface.jpg

Its a miracle.

rhythmtech
10-01-2006, 12:55 PM

Its a miracle.

hahahahahaahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

deadly...

thats one of the *cheesiest* so far!

rhythmtech
10-01-2006, 12:56 PM

Its a miracle.

hahahahahaahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

deadly...

thats one of the *cheesiest* so far!

i really hope thats cheese :eh:

Mindful
10-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Hahaha
this thread is the best.

that Jesus bread just broke me.

stjohn
10-01-2006, 01:17 PM
http://www.dublinpokernights.com/rory/jesus.jpg

rhythmtech
10-01-2006, 02:00 PM
god this thread is descending very quickly...

Si the Sigh
10-01-2006, 02:25 PM
ha ha ha! :lol:

tocsin
10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Represses are great. Particularly when they are given a cute little "**** you" name. My personal fav so far was the one the Deathchant boys put out called "Anti-Ebay Weapon."

Not quite sure where you get the idea that represses are related to some decline, Module. If the stores you hit only stock represses, well, go to another store. They do exist. Represses deal with demand. If anything, I consider them more of a gift by various artists/labels. Just because you sold 1000 copies the first time around doesn't mean you're going to sell another 1000. But, when you see people dropping anywhere from $50-$100+ USD for a 2-4 tracker, I think it's cool when labels and artists **** that market up. It's a bigger risk for them but, at the same time, it shows they actually give a **** about the people who like their music.

Seriously, think about it. It would be just as easy for such labels to do the most crappy bootleg style represses and sell them 1 by 1 on E-Bay for the inflated prices. They'd probably make more cash doing that. Besides, for the handful of artists/labels I've liked that have done represses, they haven't stopped producing new sounds to merely rest on their laurels from the sale of old releases.

Si the Sigh
10-01-2006, 03:34 PM
The Anti-Ebay EP was/is great!

Fu*k paying the prices the Deathchants were/are going for on the 'bay. They are great, but no way worth the prices they were fetching IMO.

Roll on the 2nd one I say...re-presses all the way!

module
10-01-2006, 04:22 PM
cool.. whatever. i have argument here.. jus an opinion.

tocsin
10-01-2006, 04:53 PM

Nah, that's a cop out. What you've basically been doing is throwing out blanket insults which will hit some people here, and then acting like a pussy when called on it.

"personally, i think its a sign of apathy & money grabbing. but thats just me..."

Just an opinion? No. It's flamebait.

module
10-01-2006, 07:08 PM

Nah, that's a cop out. What you've basically been doing is throwing out blanket insults which will hit some people here, and then acting like a pussy when called on it.

"personally, i think its a sign of apathy & money grabbing. but thats just me..."

Just an opinion? No. It's flamebait.

lol @ flamebait...

jesus, think what ya like. i see no point in trying to explain my case for anything. other ppl sit on this board & rip wholes in other aspects of techno over the same old recycled threads every day.

ive tried to put up a few threads that tapped on issues not covered as much.. one of them was repress'd techno. and for some reason, ppl have jus ran with it..

i mentioned Reason as an app & SpeedyJ/Liebing as artists, and ppl are tellin me i cant jus use this, or i cant be better than them.. its nuts lol

that was never the point of the thread.

i personally think theres too much of it. doesnt make it law. and that doesnt make it an insult. its jus an opinion. why it causes so much offence is beyond me.

ive been accused of antognism, but no-one has explained how this is. they jus keep tellin me it is.

i dont see it.. sorry. what i do see are ppl laching on to lil bits & having a real bang at them. db's hit about Reason being shit... what has that got to do with repress's ? its jus one end of it too.

the same ppl to tell to me to chill out on other threads are gettin riled here lol which does humour me, even though that was never the intention.... all i can say is 'relax & loosen up.. its jus a forum'

anyway, this has been a grand lil show of opinion. thanx for your input & till the next time we sit & spout self important bollox that has no real bearing on anything... cheese ;)

tocsin
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I quoted your first message, kid. That was before anyone replied. If you want to have your fun by starting confrontational discussion, be my guest. Just don't pussy out later and pretend you were doing something different. Fair?

""personally, i think its a sign of apathy & money grabbing. but thats just me..."

^^^ Your opening statement.

module
10-01-2006, 09:03 PM
I quoted your first message, kid. That was before anyone replied. If you want to have your fun by starting confrontational discussion, be my guest. Just don't pussy out later and pretend you were doing something different. Fair?

""personally, i think its a sign of apathy & money grabbing. but thats just me..."

^^^ Your opening statement.

kid lol

stick it up your arse gandad lol

module
10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
oh yeah...

'blanket insults' is another cracker..

dan the acid man
10-01-2006, 09:23 PM
i'd say it's antagonising when you finish your post with a word like idiots

module
10-01-2006, 09:45 PM
i'd say it's antagonising when you finish your post with a word like idiots

well dan.pplhave slung names at me, so what should i do ? apologise ? fek arf lol

as for the 'kid' slur lol thats jus totally weak.. hes prob some spotty 19 year old who took 10 mins off jackin over Asian Grannies to 'flame' me lol

look, if the worst you cann say about it is the use of the words 'idiots' then you really have very little to worry about dont you ;)

dirty_bass
10-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Welcome new member module.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheese: :cheese:
Hope you have fun here.

xfive
10-01-2006, 10:15 PM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheese: :cheese:
Hope you have fun here.

well not so much....

pete mate i have to say i think your just out to antagonise people under a new guise here...... <SNIP>

module
10-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Hope you have fun here.

well not so much....

pete mate i have to say i think your just out to antagonise people under a new guise here...... <SNIP>

like they didnt know that from day one lol

SlavikSvensk
10-01-2006, 10:58 PM

hahahaha! i knew i recognized that tone of voice and frequent use of "lol!"

dan the acid man
10-01-2006, 11:20 PM
shall i lock this yet, or leave it open, i feel its going nowhere now myself, but i'll listen to what everybody else thinks

dirty_bass
10-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Hope you have fun here.

well not so much....

dirty_bass
10-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Hope you have fun here.

well not so much....

I was being sarcastic.
Or faceacious.
Or something.

module
10-01-2006, 11:57 PM
lol

yeah, pull it off dan. its turned into a mess. my point was never to be 'antogonistic' but its eems ive totally dropped the ball with this.

i shouldnt be here as it is, so i will do the right thing & exit stage left & never darken this light again :)

may your gods be with you

278d7e64a374de26f==