PDA

View Full Version : waves c1/sidechain

da hound
10-01-2006, 10:52 PM
can anyone tell me how i can sidechain my bass 2 my kick using the waves c1/side compressor?

loopdon
11-01-2006, 02:48 AM
which sequencer are you on??

etnarama
11-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Sidechaining with the tc works is ....
You put the compressor in the bassline and press input 1and the sidechainer in the kick then adjust the compressor of the bassline, be carefulli have noticed that if you save the project and restart you need to go back to the compressor and press the 1 again.
This works very well if you have a tight bassline/kick, also to make the kick more clicky lower the attack and release, usually i put them very low and threshold -10 and compression as your taste likes it.
i never put fx in the master, after bouncing it to wav i do start mixing with fx and everything else usually the L2 to raise the volume. bounce the midi track to wav 24bits and then work from there with everytinhg else...
Hope this is a good tip, but it depends the sound you are after, use your ears and compare with other tunes from the same style......

Jay Pace
11-01-2006, 03:28 PM
thats how it works in tc, but I think he was on about wavez.

Wavez sidechain is rubbish.

Get yourself tc's native bundle. Much better and more friendly compressor and sidechain combo to be found there.

etnarama
11-01-2006, 05:07 PM
wavez sidechaining is also good, cant remember how to do it... but
I love the Waves Diamond
Tc is just easier

TechMouse
11-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Waves C1 sidechaining.

(in Cubase)

1. Create a stereo group chanel. Call it Sidechain.

2. Route your bass noise and your kick noise to the group channel.

3. Pan your bass hard left, and your kick hard right.

4. Add a Waves-C1-sc to the group channel as an insert effect.

5. Change the sidechain mode to L --> R.

Bingo.

You'll have to bounce your results down to a mono file.

Jay Pace
11-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Grrr. I think I'm probably just a bit thick but I couldnt really get it to work for me when I tried. It sounded awful.

tc is just so easy.....

stjohn
11-01-2006, 05:50 PM
i use the sonalksis DQ1...easiest of the bunch...

its a dynamic EQ so you have an eq there to fiddle with to... you do pretty much as TechMouse said, but you dont need to pan (at least ive never done it),

just group track - > direct the 2 channels - > insert the DQ1 - > turn on the sidechain button on the left

if you match up the right kick and subbass you get lovely full low end....

i recommnd it time and time again!

loopdon
12-01-2006, 01:55 AM
i use the sonalksis DQ1...easiest of the bunch...

its a dynamic EQ so you have an eq there to fiddle with to... you do pretty much as TechMouse said, but you dont need to pan (at least ive never done it),

just group track - > direct the 2 channels - > insert the DQ1 - > turn on the sidechain button on the left

if you match up the right kick and subbass you get lovely full low end....

i recommnd it time and time again!

thanks for that tip!!!!
will give it a shot °

Electrictribe
12-01-2006, 09:27 AM
yeah tested it out and sonalkis defo does it easiest and proberly best out of the 3 from tests i've carried out. Can do the job with the CQ1 or DQ1

Jay Pace
12-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Cracking, will give sonalksis a shot.

tc can get glitchy from time to time....

278d7e64a374de26f==