PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Walking in the black rain - Techno Sleaze

dirty_bass
11-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Some sleazy techno electro housey frenchyness that kept me up all night.
You just gotta love the power of bombay Saphire.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Walking%20in%20the%20black%20rain%20(master).mp 3

I`m not sure about the vocal, I think I may just dry it and make it more in your face, but less fx-ey

TechMouse
11-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, dryer vocal with more cutting would be good.

Other than that, I like this - nice & moody.

rhythmtech
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
i kinda like it but i'm not sure. the vocal is sound the way it is.. i'm not into the james bond bassline.. the lead synth is very typical of this genre. thats all i got... its one of those tunes thats got me perplexed - do i like it or loathe it?
sorry man.

dirty_bass
11-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Vocal is changed now.
It`s actually a cover of a Grace jones track , so I was restricted to the key progression I was in.
And yeah, the lead is very french house, but that`s kind of the point.

BRADLEE
11-01-2006, 04:21 PM
I guess I am sort of in the middle myself as well. I really like all of the elements but that retro sounding synth. I didn't hear the initial vocal, but I like the vocals in there now. I just loath that synth noise.....

Everything sounds very well in place though. Just my 2 cents

rhythmtech
11-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Vocal is changed now.
It`s actually a cover of a Grace jones track , so I was restricted to the key progression I was in.
And yeah, the lead is very french house, but that`s kind of the point.

did you notice the james bond progression in the bassline???

BloodStar
11-01-2006, 05:48 PM
like this. very moody atmosferick. vocal is really dark and also the atmo is changing from light to dark, which is good. like the waz how track progress but dont like the bond like progression on that synth. production sounds clean and clear. nice

dirty_bass
11-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Yep, I know about the progression, blame Grace Jones, this track is for an electro house label, and old sounds was the deal of the day, so I decided to do a cover of the grace jones classic, and use similar instrumentation.
I didn`t think techno peeps would like it, but here it is anyway.

rhythmtech
11-01-2006, 09:02 PM
well, fair play for doin it anyway... even if it has elevated you to the position of most girly of girls :cheese:

seriously though, no harm in delving into other genres... keeps the appetite sharp.

dirty_bass
11-01-2006, 09:47 PM
I make anything that interests me, god how aweful it would be to just make techno all the time.
Things quickly become too self referential if you just stick to one style all the time.

Mindful
11-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Only listend in some realy shit in-ear head phones but......
it sounds pretty good to me,no cheese involved here to my ears.
I thought it sounded a bit like a Viodless prodject to be honest at first.

I like the synth myself its pretty catchy.

love the pad type synth.

good show my man

loopdon
12-01-2006, 02:24 AM
i luv your production...
that kick is just so fat!!! fat track alltogether

cons:

i think the synth is ok but maybe a little dist or sth. on it at times could make it more interesting! the entire tune is a little loopy if i dare say that??

a few reverses to many for my liking, too.

that's all, hehe

dirty_bass
12-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah, your right it is loopy, but this was the product of one long 5 hour session in the studio and some gin.
I need to go back and add some automation on the synths to get a bit of movement into them, and maybe some more melodic flourishes.

dan the acid man
14-01-2006, 01:41 AM
yeah i personally love this, no cheese or so called girly elements at all.

i loved henrys french tech house style tune (headcorn, apex13) for that reason, something different and it worked for me, this is the same.

nice dark vocal, great production, i could see myself playing something like this first thing in a set.

stjohn
14-01-2006, 09:56 AM
yep i thought it was quite cool aswell, not cheesy, just cheeky

holotropik
14-01-2006, 11:58 AM
yeah...cheeky indeed :)
I laughed, really light and fun. A bit more flourishes would help it too.

278d7e64a374de26f==