PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Burkat

MARKEG
12-08-2003, 10:20 PM
A legend.. BUT... I want ppl's honest opinion about his music. I find it very hard to mix. I know DAVE The D touched on this before. You HAVE to know this guys tracks before you mix them or else you're screwed. Yes, that's a good thing, but it's also a very bad thing if you're in front of a crowd and suddenly forget how the track goes.

MARKEG
12-08-2003, 10:21 PM
one other thing i tend to notice about his music is that most of it needs to mixed from 16 beats, not 32 - to carry you into his first break. hmm.... very interested in what everyone thinks....

FORCE 5
12-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Everything of this guys i have heard is ****in wicked...i find it to be a really similar sound to H's APEX label...

but unfortunatly i cant comment on his tunes being difficult to mix as the only tune of his ive managed to get is on the goodfellas label..and they fine to me....But i have come accross people that write tunes just like this
i think K D Smith is another..and DJ RUSH

Col
12-08-2003, 11:11 PM
one other thing i tend to notice about his music is that most of it needs to mixed from 16 beats, not 32 - to carry you into his first break. hmm.... very interested in what everyone thinks....

i dont think thats a bad thing, i mean it pays to be different if you know what i mean, and just for the record some of the productions ive heard from this guy are fu*king exellent.

Sunil
12-08-2003, 11:20 PM

i dont think thats a bad thing, i mean it pays to be different if you know what i mean, and just for the record some of the productions ive heard from this guy are fu*king exellent.

my favourite thing by him was Audio 25. i like his tunes but like some producers he hits you with too many records at the same time, with little change in each one. i found his stuff to get very samey for a while like Lars Klein, but the last few have picked up a bit

dcdn
12-08-2003, 11:43 PM
i think his older stuff, on contrast and compressed was really good and also easy for mixing. his newer stuff is harder and also more complex for mixing indeed,but i dont hace probs with his records at all..

Antinoise
02-09-2003, 03:54 AM
Emmm.. I kind of agree... However I did a set the other day with all my Burkat tracks together (15-20).. and jesus.. they all fit together like a glove. Off the hook! That plus a third table droping in Superman vocals and it was a party!

The Overfiend
02-09-2003, 05:27 AM
His 10 inch on primate was my fav from him.

Adverse
02-09-2003, 05:30 AM
hatebreed lol, i like this guy :)

The Overfiend
02-09-2003, 06:08 AM
Double Bass is king!

miasma man
02-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Has anybody got any contact details of Michael Burkat or Compressed etc for demo submission?

I have been searching for details and have had no success. There are no contact details on the website.

People out there - any help would be mucho appreciated.

Thanx.

:)

Dustin Zahn
02-09-2003, 08:14 PM
my favourite thing by him was Audio 25.

That record is the shit! I wish I wouldn't have sold it. For me the mixing is no big deal really, I just match the beats up on the 8s and the breakdowns may not match up, but any changes will.

Gloomy
02-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Has anybody got any contact details of Michael Burkat or Compressed etc for demo submission?

I have been searching for details and have had no success. There are no contact details on the website.

People out there - any help would be mucho appreciated.

Thanx.

the man left fine audio recs. and that means that he left also it's sublabels such as compressed, touch tone etc.

you can find the man at http://www.michaelburkat.de/

and his new labels here http://www.still-music.com/

good luck ;)

miasma man
02-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey Gloomy, nice one.

Cheers.

tioneb
03-09-2003, 07:40 AM
i dont own any record by this guy though i know him as (ex) boss of audio.

The Overfiend
03-09-2003, 04:26 PM
i dont own any record by this guy though i know him as (ex) boss of audio.

Boss? from what I heard A&R to audio which is run by intergroove which is owned by the virgin guy.

killarava2day
04-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Anyone listened to Temper 3?

Those two Burkat edits are quite possibly some of his best work to date. Sorta minimal/funky, structured nicely though...well that's what I thought anyway. I still dig that LP he did on audio as well.

ripped
04-09-2003, 02:16 PM
his rmx on audio 33, sound factory on Schallmauer 03, and kne' deep 25 are my faves from him.

ripped
04-09-2003, 02:31 PM
I mean highland beats 25 :oops:

karlo
04-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Anyone listened to Temper 3?

Those two Burkat edits are quite possibly some of his best work to date. Sorta minimal/funky, structured nicely though...well that's what I thought anyway. I still dig that LP he did on audio as well.

get it before 1 week i think or 2, dont know, on test pressing.Great record...its on my top 10 :p

davethedrummer
04-09-2003, 11:04 PM
well i engineered his earlier stuff (ahem!)
primate,audio,compressed etc.
and back in them days he didn't really produce so much himself.
so i just used to do my arrangement style with all the bits in the right places kind of thing 'cos to be honest that is one thing that will stop me playing a track out when it's all messed up like that.

sorry but i really do insist that things fit at least to that structure if nothing else just so's you can mix them ALL together.
i mean it can wander off to the left or to the right and stop and start so long as WHAM! that bit happens when you want it to and not at some bizarre unpredictable time that takes hours of practice to get right.
i just don't have hours to practice record playing these days
so i need a track that i can use straight away and michaels tracks are overly complicated now for what they are i think.

if it were a different style ( wonky/broken beat/electronica) then sure **** with the program but they are pretty basic sounding tracks to me so just get 'em trimmed on the right places and be done with it.

personally speakin of course

MARKEG
04-09-2003, 11:49 PM
> i just don't have hours to practice record playing these days

tell me about it!

his tracks have really annoyed me but i've stuck with them. the prob i find is that they are so bloody unique that they are hard to fit with other stuff. ie his bottom end is very unique indeed.

micheal burkat records are good in fact bloody great when played together, but i find because of his unpredictable arrangements you loose the flow if you mix it into something predictable.

davey d has a good point.

The Overfiend
05-09-2003, 05:39 AM
The lil green record has the dave the d touch, knew it was too good to be true.

278d7e64a374de26f==