PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Terror on the underground - Big banging stuff

dirty_bass
13-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Getting away from the pretencious artistic soul searching stuff, I decided to make a straight banger.
Haven`t done this kind of thing for ages.
http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Terror%20on%20the%20underground%20(master).mp3

rhythmtech
13-01-2006, 05:14 PM
this is crap sorry!

only kiddin... this is rockin. very much in the style of hydro16b but only in the rising keys. the break is odd and thats real good in my books (train station?). if i was to have 1 gripe it would be that the overall sound isn't quite dirty enough for my tastes but other than that i cant fault it. simplicity works very well in this case. great job.

BRADLEE
13-01-2006, 06:24 PM
really great Stuff Steve. Perfect for a late night techno tool. I wasn't so hot on the little break myself, because it's didnt seem as dynamic coming out of it in my opinion. I dunno what to do anout that, maybe some sort of odd sweeping noise or something would be cool. But that's just me. You know I liek to have a million things going on at once...ha ha

Overall cool stuff though my man. Really wish you'd do some more 4 beat hard stuff too. Just a bit harder than this. Sort of like the track you did for Humanoid. Iron Wreck I think???

audioinjection
13-01-2006, 08:38 PM
yeah this is phat dude, all those little sounds in there, and that break haha, very nice

xfive
13-01-2006, 08:42 PM
He's back in throat slash mode.... everyone get your splatter resistant clothes ready :devilish:

This would work well on the floor dude. I like it :clap:

dirty_bass
13-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, the break is as I like it.
It`s the beginning of a tube train journey I regularly take, from highbury and islington, to kings cross. And the tube journey begins at the break with the doors closing, carries on through the 2nd half, and ends with the doors opening on the tube.
Essentially, it`s a reference to the "tube train tune" that london clubbers experience when coming home from a club, still ****ed, on the tube system.
The noises it makes are soo techno.

dan the acid man
14-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Well, the break is as I like it.
It`s the beginning of a tube train journey I regularly take, from highbury and islington, to kings cross. And the tube journey begins at the break with the doors closing, carries on through the 2nd half, and ends with the doors opening on the tube.
Essentially, it`s a reference to the "tube train tune" that london clubbers experience when coming home from a club, still ****, on the tube system.
The noises it makes are soo techno.

haha, i've had bus journeys like that, trying to keep my head together with people going to work.

anyway, back to the tune, its great, nice and energetic, but not throw away at all, good production as ever, loving that delayed percussion, the way the stereo field works on that is great.

i'd personally maybe add some effects to that break, just to fill it out a little more, although as it is it's pretty unique

holotropik
14-01-2006, 12:04 PM
I love listening to your stuff man. Its always different and challenging. Its def you but you manage to try something different everytime. unique and refreshing. nice work ;)

Great track this one. Its a keeper for me. Brilliant work.

BloodStar
14-01-2006, 02:28 PM
hehe this is cool. i feel like i just get out of a tube train ride. pounding twisting stuff this one. i just dont like those little phaser verb and crush like edits. other than that this is good.

Mindful
14-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Has your missus loked you in your studio recentley mate?
your like a little music machine recently.

Anyways...
productions don, the grooves pounding and impossible not to get down too, and the break is mint, it kind of puts a different angle on the tune(and the best element of the track me thinks)

Quite a straight foward tune realy but with your stamp of difference on it.

StoQ
16-01-2006, 07:31 PM
nice quality hammer. i like the way you build the track. clear structural banger. :cheese:

Mindful
17-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I take back what I said about the break being the best element of this tune, Its that bloody pounding bottom end and that offbeat sound that seems to get more and more intense.

I wish I could get my bottom sounding that good man:(

dirty_bass
17-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I wish I could get my bottom sounding that good man:(

You need to do leg lifts.
I use jane fondas workout.
10 mins today will soon have your bottom end nice and tight.

xfive
17-01-2006, 06:55 PM
hahahaha

Mindful
17-01-2006, 08:12 PM
stick it up yer bum

MITA
18-01-2006, 05:52 PM
word!!!!!!!!
this stuff is ****ing flawlessly awesome Steve!!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah! i love it all...im so tripped out after listening..
honeslty,really wow!!!!

this has to be pressed .

dirty_bass
18-01-2006, 09:41 PM
word!!!!!!!!
this stuff is **** flawlessly awesome Steve!!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah! i love it all...im so tripped out after listening..
honeslty,really wow!!!!

this has to be pressed .

It will be.

Elvio Neto
25-01-2006, 11:45 AM
exelente stuff!

278d7e64a374de26f==