PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me. I need a frigging rave!!

vadarfone
13-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I wanted your input...

I live in Japan and I want to take my girlfriend to a proper good hard techno night in Tokyo. Chris Liberator is playing tomorrow night, but other than that I have not seen anything worth going to...

I know this is a bit backward and you would assume that I should know more than most people on here, seeing as I live in the country, but info is not as well distributed over here about anything other than horrible commericial meat markets...

If anyone knows of any heavy djs coming over in Feb or indeed any time, please post on here and fill me in. The music scene over here is not all that when it comes to filthy techno and I am gagging for it!

Thanks

Owen

conflict
13-01-2006, 06:38 PM
what do you do in tokyo?

i'd love to visit there someday

are you english?

cant help with the techno tho mate, the files section could do in the meantime, pm me if you have any requests

Bo!!

herman
13-01-2006, 07:13 PM
If your in Tokyo get yourself down to the Cisco Techno store in Shibuya they have pretty much all the flyers for up and coming techno nights in there.

vadarfone
14-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Alright, I guessed I would be heading to Shibuya...

Cheers for the heads up

conflict...

I run an English School in Japan, and yeah I am English!

I do not know a great deal about techno artists so I wouldn't know what to ask for, thats why I wanted to go to a shop to do a bit of cratedigging... If you want to suggest anything I would be happy to take your advice!

Owen

FUSION
15-01-2006, 04:30 PM
I know its not entirley the same but my mates just moved to hong kong and he says the techno sceane over there is fukin dire. unlucky

vadarfone
15-01-2006, 08:14 PM
yep. i know i will get agro for saying this, but it is SHIT over here for techno. it is just not as good... vibes, clubs, underground, music (like this is a minor thing!), sound systems (shite) etc etc etc.

seems like me and my girlfriend are going to have to revolutionise this place

i came over here a couple of years ago straight from the northern england techno scene... they do not have anything like it here (it is a load of yanks being idiots with brits and canadians complaining about them... to be honest, if these guys do anything, all they do is copy anything they have seen on tv or in a magazine verbatim... not cool... [please prove me horriblely wrong someone and i will come to your rave and bring the noise!]

my girlfriend is japanese and i am english. we both speak english and japanese (well, she speaks wonderful english and i speak broken japanese) so we can speak to anybody who wants to come over and rinse the filthy beats.

anyone in japan wanting to forge an underground scene, please email me...

mrgamecat@gmail.com

mrowenjamesfrow@t.vodafone.ne.jp

i am serious about this, and i know it has been said before somewhere, but this needs to be done!

email me or reply here!

owen

FUSION
15-01-2006, 08:22 PM
my firend said a similar thing i will vist him at some point and he was gunna try and sort me a gig in hong kong which would be nice :)

vadarfone
15-01-2006, 08:30 PM
That's cool..

I have to say though, that Asia is a pretty big place and Hong Kong is certainly a very different place to Japan...

Also, if the techno scene is so dire, just think of the crowd...

ZERO...

FUSION
15-01-2006, 09:58 PM
he seemed to think there was defo a crowd for it there just very few nights. your right though it is a totally different place so it may be different :cool:

S/E
16-01-2006, 03:08 PM
it is a load of yanks being idiots with brits and canadians complaining about them...

:lol:

gunjack
17-01-2006, 06:11 PM
go to shibuya and get flyers at cisco techno or disc union! even technique!!!!!!

gunjack
17-01-2006, 06:21 PM
yep. i know i will get agro for saying this, but it is SHIT over here for techno. it is just not as good... vibes, clubs, underground, music (like this is a minor thing!), sound systems (shite) etc etc etc.

seems like me and my girlfriend are going to have to revolutionise this place

i came over here a couple of years ago straight from the northern england techno scene... they do not have anything like it here (it is a load of yanks being idiots with brits and canadians complaining about them... to be honest, if these guys do anything, all they do is copy anything they have seen on tv or in a magazine verbatim... not cool... [please prove me horriblely wrong someone and i will come to your rave and bring the noise!]

my girlfriend is japanese and i am english. we both speak english and japanese (well, she speaks wonderful english and i speak broken japanese) so we can speak to anybody who wants to come over and rinse the filthy beats.

anyone in japan wanting to forge an underground scene, please email me...

mrgamecat@gmail.com

mrowenjamesfrow@t.vodafone.ne.jp

i am serious about this, and i know it has been said before somewhere, but this needs to be done!

email me or reply here!

owen

forge an underground scene? dude you really should keep your mouth shut when you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, i know kids that put thier own money into doing techno nights there and really keep the thing underground. look for the dynamic disco boys, SAISHOU HIRASAWA, KUNIOSHI, they even invited shin nishimura from plus to play in a dingy basement for 30 ppl last winter. man tokyo has all kinds of techno you just have to know where to look!

just because maniac love and liquid room closed doesnt mean there is nothing going on.

as for sound systems being shit? GO TO AGEHA! BEST SYSTEM IN THE WHOLE WORLD ACCORDING TO MANY EDUCATED SOURCES. and there is techno there almost every week!

and AMAZING SOUND, have you been to WOMB? dude you really dont know what the F uck you are on about. damn bro i have never heard such a line of crap in allmy life, YOU ARE GOING TO REVOLUTIONIZE TOKYO? HAHAHAHAH man there is more techno in tokyo than in northern england FOR SURE and you just haven't broke into the scene yet abviously.

talking bout "these guys cant do anything"?????? you racist shit, get a clue! just because you dont know about it doesnt mean it aint going on! just like a snobby uk prick to go somewhere and piss all over it b4 he gets the real info.

in fact, the fact that u are asking for a "rave" says it all...

gunjack
17-01-2006, 06:23 PM
baka da ne! omae, honto no koto o sagasebaiindayo! sona bakanokoto yu naaaa! honto aho dane omae! nippon wa techno no paradise dayo! sona aho no koto yutara, nanimo oshiete kurenai!

incredible.

gunjack
17-01-2006, 06:31 PM
omae honto no AHO dane. TOKYO WA OMAE MITAI NO HITO IRANAI.

gunjack
17-01-2006, 06:33 PM
and as for yanks? bro you can go yank yourself, because the british piss all over the japanese and we americans actually take time to learn the language and respect the culture. DUDE YOU REALLY ARE A FREAKING AHO.

marginmaster
17-01-2006, 07:44 PM
chill the **** out.

FUSION
17-01-2006, 10:07 PM
jeesus :roll:

vadarfone
18-01-2006, 05:25 PM
internet.

vadarfone
18-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Forge an underground scene? dude you really should keep your mouth shut when you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

>OK please explain why I have NO IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. Knee jerk reactions always show their authors soul.

i know kids that put thier own money into doing techno nights there and really keep the thing underground. look for the dynamic disco boys, SAISHOU HIRASAWA, KUNIOSHI, they even invited shin nishimura from plus to play in a dingy basement for 30 ppl last winter. man tokyo has all kinds of techno you just have to know where to look!

> Erm, that's what i was asking for...

just because maniac love and liquid room closed doesnt mean there is nothing going on.

> Rhetorical

As for sound systems being shit? GO TO AGEHA! BEST SYSTEM IN THE WHOLE WORLD ACCORDING TO MANY EDUCATED SOURCES. and there is techno there almost every week!

> Best system in the world? Please email me links to these EDUCATED SOURCES.

"and AMAZING SOUND, have you been to WOMB?"

>Yes I have been to Womb. It is not incredible sound. Far from it. It is aweful.

The bass is very messy (sub almost non-existant) and the mids are messy with no definition. The high end is OK, but that is only from the back of the vip lounge.

"dude you really dont know what the F uck you are on about. damn bro i have never heard such a line of crap in allmy life, YOU ARE GOING TO REVOLUTIONIZE TOKYO? HAHAHAHAH man there is more techno in tokyo than in northern england FOR SURE and you just haven't broke into the scene yet abviously."

"FOR SURE." Please quantify. I have not yet figured out a way to measure the amount of Techno per capita, but it seems you have. I would love to have a squint at your calculations.

"talking bout "these guys cant do anything"?????? you racist shit, get a clue!"

> Did i say that? Accusing me of racism through paraphrasing is a pretty heavy tag my man. Loath as I am to offer physical retribution on a fellow human being, I am drawn close with your good self.

just because you dont know about it doesnt mean it aint going on! just like a snobby uk prick to go somewhere and piss all over it b4 he gets the real info.

> National stereotypes... lovely stuff

in fact, the fact that u are asking for a "rave" says it all...

> Says what?

Grow up.

Winds
19-01-2006, 05:10 PM
So many threads seem to go sour on this forum. I think some people take what others say a bit too serious, or maybe just get offended too easy. :(

278d7e64a374de26f==